With the release of iOS4, I believe that I will have to support 24 carrier bundles (8 for iOS3, 8 for 3G/3GS iOS4, and 8 for iPhone 4 iOS4). Thus, I'm thinking of not having the bundles in Cydia anymore since it would be too confusing for an user to see so many packages. IPCCs in a ZIP will be categorised by folders.

Survey
    1. How have you found the T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles?
      1. Google or another web site
      2. Cydia or Rock

2. Which method of installation do you prefer?
      1. IPCC
      2. Cydia

3. Would you mind if Cydia packages were removed in favour of IPCC only?
      1. Yes
      2. No

4. Have you donated?
      1. Yes
      2. No

5. If you have not donated, why not?
      1. I am cheap
      2. It is not worth a cent
    2010-06-21 05:22 AM
    SpookyET:

I think the best way would be if there were a single app in Cydia to install whichever package was for you. You would answer a few questions and the correct package would be installed. However, I don't know if you have any skill in app development.
    2010-06-21 05:27 AM
    With the release of iOS4, I believe that I will have to support 24 carrier bundles (8 for iOS3, 8 for 3G/3GS iOS4, and 8 for iPhone 4 iOS4). Thus, I'm thinking of not having the bundles in Cydia anymore since it would be too confusing for an user to see so many packages. IPCCs in a ZIP will be categorised by folders.

Survey
    1. How have you found the T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles?
      1. I've found them here, but I've seen them in cydia too,

2. Which method of installation do you prefer?
      1. Definitely IPCC

3. Would you mind if Cydia packages were removed in favour of IPCC only?
      1. No

4. Have you donated?
      1. Yes

5. If you have not donated, why not?
      1. I Said Yes
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ
    2010-06-21 05:42 AM
    Definately Cydia!!
    Any other exclusive method is a step backwards.
    2010-06-21 05:56 AM
    SpookyET:

I think the best way would be if there were a single app in Cydia to install whichever package was for you. You would answer a few questions and the correct package would be installed. However, I don't know if you have any skill in app development.
    I am not making an app, but I will accept volunteers.

Definately Cydia!!
    Any other exclusive method is a step backwards.
    It's not "exclusive"; it's how iTunes installs carrier bundles. But, as the person has said above, an app would be the best way for Cydia. I can tell you right now, MMI admin will curse me to death if I email him 24 packages.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-06-21 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-21 06:13 AM
    @Spookey,
    I believe the different pkg options could be easily handled in a shell pre/post install script --- and I am available to assist (after 6/30/10). It might require a two-step operation (install, then run script) but maybe not. I don't know all the Cydia options just yet. DEB packaging is a piece of cake. It only depends upon how much info you want in the open.
    Mes

Also: By "exclusive" ... I meant only with Cydia ..or.. IPCC. If you chose I method only, Cydia is the preferred method. I'm sure U already know the difficulties uninstalling an IPCC.

I'm on a roll.... Haha
    Another disadvantage of IPCC is iTunes IS required. I consider this a negative as it needlessly ties the iDevice to a computer.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-06-21 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-21 07:48 AM
    ok My wifes 2g iphone is now running 3.1.3 because I had to restore it. Now I installed an IPPC file "t-mobile-us-prepaid.ipcc" and it gave me tethering which I currently do not need on her phone but MMS settings are not showing up and I tried another IPPC file with no changes. what am I doing wrong? What do I need to do so I can make this work? I also reset the Network settings before doing this as well.
    I too could not get the iTunes install of the prepaid ipcc to give me MMS. However the Cydia install of the "iPhone 2G ...." as described in the 1st post worked.

I'm still confused on 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 for a 2G. The 1st post says you must have a virgin 3.1.2 2G and there are other posts stating it works on 3.1.3. Is the IPCC itunes install good for 3.1.x and the Cydia install for 3.1.2 only?

I have a friend on 3.1.3 2G moving to T-mobile this week. Thx for your great work on this.
    2010-06-21 04:16 PM
    I too could not get the iTunes install of the prepaid ipcc to give me MMS. However the Cydia install of the "iPhone 2G ...." as described in the 1st post worked.

I'm still confused on 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 for a 2G. The 1st post says you must have a virgin 3.1.2 2G and there are other posts stating it works on 3.1.3. Is the IPCC itunes install good for 3.1.x and the Cydia install for 3.1.2 only?

I have a friend on 3.1.3 2G moving to T-mobile this week. Thx for your great work on this.
    iPhone 2G needs patches to enable MMS. The carrier bundles are just settings for MMS. So, no, a virgin iPhone will not work. The bundles in Cydia and IPPC are the same. It works with both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————

Theory: Since T-Mobile doesn't bother to read UAProf to parse what capabilities a phone has and only uses the user agent, I do not think the 'SonyEricssonW800i/R1L' crap phone spoof needs to be changed for iPhone 4. If the user agent is known to MMSC, it lets the MMS through with no downscaling. If it isn't known, it butchers or denies it. T-Mobile would need a database with each user agent and MMS resolution capability to know how to downscale for each phone, which is pointless since that information is in the UAProf. Then again, T-Mobile is known for pointless things like a million APNs for different accounts.

The way to test this theory is to use 4 iPhones. 2 on AT&T, and 2 on T-Mobile.
    Test 1: AT&T to AT&T
    Test 2: AT&T to T-Mobile
    Test 3: T-Mobile to AT&T
    Test 4: T-Mobile to T-Mobile

The goal is for all test cases is for the MMS quality to be the same as test 1.

If my theory is correct, I would only have to deal with 16 carrier bundles instead of 24 and won't have to search for an user agent spoof for iPhone 4.

I need volunteers to test my theory. Test 2G to 2G, 3G to 3G, 3GS to 3GS, and iPhone 4 to iPhone 4. DON'T MIX THEM!
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-06-21 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-21 06:16 PM
    Spooky. You can definitely count me in for your theory. I'm on a 3GS on T-Mobile. seanmillsap at gmail.com

Survey
    How have you found the T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles?
    I originally found out about the ipcc hacks on another forum (don't recall where). Then I saw your bundles in the Cydia repos, but wasn't sure how up to date they were since a lot of the packages on Cydia are unkept.

Which method of installation do you prefer?
    IPCC is faster/easier for me. Plug in, update carrier file, reset and done. Plus I store the correct one on my computer, so if I need to restore it's a quick few clicks rather than going through Cydia.

Would you mind if Cydia packages were removed in favour of IPCC only?
    Nope. If someone doesn't have the ability to figure how to install carrier files or the ability to use terminal to allow it, they shouldn't be modding their phone in the first place.

Have you donated?
    Yes.

If you have not donated, why not?
    N/A

iPhone 2G needs patches to enable MMS. The carrier bundles are just settings for MMS. So, no, a virgin iPhone will not work. The bundles in Cydia and IPPC are the same. It works with both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————

Theory: Since T-Mobile doesn't bother to read UAProf to parse what capabilities a phone has and only uses the user agent, I do not think the 'SonyEricssonW800i/R1L' crap phone spoof needs to be changed for iPhone 4. If the user agent is known to MMSC, it lets the MMS through with no downscaling. If it isn't known, it butchers or denies it. T-Mobile would need a database with each user agent and MMS resolution capability to know how to downscale for each phone, which is pointless since that information is in the UAProf. Then again, T-Mobile is known for pointless things like a million APNs for different accounts.

The way to test this theory is to use 4 iPhones. 2 on AT&T, and 2 on T-Mobile.
    Test 1: AT&T to AT&T
    Test 2: AT&T to T-Mobile
    Test 3: T-Mobile to AT&T
    Test 4: T-Mobile to T-Mobile

The goal is for all test cases is for the MMS quality to be the same as test 1.

If my theory is correct, I would only have to deal with 16 carrier bundles instead of 24 and won't have to search for an user agent spoof for iPhone 4.

I need volunteers to test my theory. Test 2G to 2G, 3G to 3G, 3GS to 3GS, and iPhone 4 to iPhone 4. DON'T MIX THEM!
    @Spookey,
    I believe the different pkg options could be easily handled in a shell pre/post install script --- and I am available to assist (after 6/30/10). It might require a two-step operation (install, then run script) but maybe not. I don't know all the Cydia options just yet. DEB packaging is a piece of cake. It only depends upon how much info you want in the open.
    Mes

Also: By "exclusive" ... I meant only with Cydia ..or.. IPCC. If you chose I method only, Cydia is the preferred method. I'm sure U already know the difficulties uninstalling an IPCC.

I'm on a roll.... Haha
    Another disadvantage of IPCC is iTunes IS required. I consider this a negative as it needlessly ties the iDevice to a computer.
    Damn, that's a good point. Never thought of it like that. Now that I think about it, I've no clue how to uninstall an IPCC.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 2010-06-21 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-21 11:56 PM
    Why do we need to disable 3G service when unlocking
    2010-06-22 12:20 AM
    Damn, that's a good point. Never thought of it like that. Now that I think about it, I've no clue how to uninstall an IPCC.
    It tells you in the first post how, but you don't have to since iTunes will overwrite the old one.

PS: Check your email for iOS4 test bundles.
    2010-06-22 12:22 AM
    Just got a fresh 3G from apple today on 4.0 Jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasn0w let me know what you want me to test
    2010-06-22 04:45 AM
    okay i just jailbroke & unlocked my iPhone 3G on iOS4Final w/ redsn0w...tried installing the flexpaid/legacy bundle but that didn't work so i had to manually input all the info's from the legacy bundle...got internet and picture message to work how ever when i tried sending a picture from another phone to my iPhone i get this message back saying "IMG_6807 The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction."

has anyone found a fix for this? i'm gonna go ahead and try out tethering to see if it'll work. i will post back with the results...
    2010-06-22 08:28 AM
    Count me in, I can test on T-mobie 2G/3G/3GS, I have about 7 phones I can test on

okay i just jailbroke & unlocked my iPhone 3G on iOS4Final w/ redsn0w...tried installing the flexpaid/legacy bundle but that didn't work so i had to manually input all the info's from the legacy bundle...got internet and picture message to work how ever when i tried sending a picture from another phone to my iPhone i get this message back saying "IMG_6807 The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction."

has anyone found a fix for this? i'm gonna go ahead and try out tethering to see if it'll work. i will post back with the results...
    are you using Simple Mobile? is a common problem there.
    2010-06-22 08:36 AM
    Just tried the ipcc legacy through windows and nothing appears
    2010-06-22 08:42 AM
    what is simple mobile? i have T-Mobile if that's what your asking...and my plans are unlimited data and overclocked unlimited messaging just for me and i'm under a family plan. i used that flexpaid/legacy bundle when i was still in 3.1.2
    2010-06-22 10:20 AM
    redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 jailbreak does not patch iOS4 to support unsigned carrier bundles. It makes no difference if they are installed via IPCC or Cydia.
    2010-06-22 04:45 PM
    can it be patched manually?
    2010-06-22 04:51 PM
    If you know what to patch. I don't.
    2010-06-22 04:59 PM
    redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 jailbreak does not patch iOS4 to support unsigned carrier bundles. It makes no difference if they are installed via IPCC or Cydia.
    Same goes for the unofficial releases of Pwnage 4.0.

Official Pwnage 4.0 was just released about 20 minutes ago. I'm going to restore with that when I get off work and I'll test the new iOS 4 bundles. I'll e-mail you when I'm done, Spooky.
    2010-06-22 09:22 PM
2,044 ... 1757656667686977 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD