User Tag List

@SpookyET - Sorry to drive you nuts -

I finally was ready to patch the commcenter, but I dont know what im doing wrong.

I installed OpenSSH via Cydia, tried to use putty and SmartFTP but cannot access the iphone, it keeps saying "timed out"

Please tell me what im doing wrong
    2010-08-06 04:41 PM
    Iphone 4, locked & jb & with ultrasn0w
    IOS 4.0.1
    T-mobile USA
    T-zones, $5.99

I've done all of the above, and loaded the T-mobile standard ipcc. How would you know if the phone accepts this or the legacy ipcc?
    2010-08-06 05:40 PM
    I just wanted to post a little update and say that I now have Data, MMS and tethering all working with a small catch. I'll make it quick and short

iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked with of course ultrasn0w. With my back up restored and unlock installed I applied wortel's CommCenter patch to allow for signed carrier bundles which I then applied my own carrier bundle but is the same as T-Mobile Legacy from SpookyET and rebooted the phone. I went ahead and turned off FaceTime sense it doesn't work on Tmobile and rebooted again to get rid of the waiting for activation screen (won't go away unless you reboot or wait a while) I tested Data and MMS and nothing worked I then popped my SIM out and back in and tested again everything is up and running smoothly plus tethering. I noticed everytime I rebooted the phone nothing would work but if I pop the sim out and back in it works which kind of sucks but I generally don't turn it off a lot anyways. Maybe someone else can try it and confirm but I have done it to 2 iphone 4's and came up with the exact same result and no delay on MMS either comes in quick.

i can confirm...

i have iphone4 with ios 4.0.1 unlocked with ultra on tmobile USA and i have the edge plan.

facetime is OFF...due to international txt.
    i have cell data and my edge and mms works. but if i turn on wifi and turn it off. edge will not work.

BUT if i take out sim and pop it back in, edge will work again...

I DID NOT USE ANY CARRIER PATCHES FROM THIS THREAD.
    ONLY THING I HAVE INSTALLED IN CYDIA IS THE LEIMOBILE REPO..but i did have the sinful repo tmobile ios4 source installed and removed..
    2010-08-06 07:01 PM
    i can confirm...

i have iphone4 with ios 4.0.1 unlocked with ultra on tmobile USA and i have the edge plan.

facetime is OFF...due to international txt.
    i have cell data and my edge and mms works. but if i turn on wifi and turn it off. edge will not work.

BUT if i take out sim and pop it back in, edge will work again...

I DID NOT USE ANY CARRIER PATCHES FROM THIS THREAD.
    ONLY THING I HAVE INSTALLED IN CYDIA IS THE LEIMOBILE REPO..but i did have the sinful repo tmobile ios4 source installed and removed..
    Is there any settings in your Cellular data Network? might still be there from the repo you got it from unless you reset settings seems like the key thing is taking out the sim and putting it back in after reboots or wifi use if Data stops working
    2010-08-06 07:12 PM
    Ok, I dont know what im doing wrong.

I installed OpenSSH via Cydia, tried to use putty and SmartFTP but cannot access the iphone, it keeps saying "timed out"

Please tell me what im doing wrong
    Make sure that the iPhone and compute rare on the same WiFi network. Then make sure you have typed the correct IP address associated with your iPhone. I have told you how to get the IP address in that list.

what is PwnageTool?
    It's a Mac OS X jail breaking tool. Google it.

Sorry that was my mistake, for some reason I thought there was another version. Anyways, I cant get my i4 to take the .ipcc through itunes even after doing the comcenter patch. Do I need to edit a .plist or somthing or just install the .deb patch and the ipcc should work??????
    You have to reboot if it doesn't reboot by itself. There could be something wrong with the patch or the IPCC if you haven't used one of mine.

Somebody please help me if you can.

I have installed the comm patch. I install the ipcc and it seems to work but I still can't send or receive mms. And whenever I try to reset network settings, my springboard crashes.
    It sounds like Cydia crapware is interfering. I can't help you more than this.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-06 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-06 07:25 PM
    Make sure that the iPhone and compute rare on the same WiFi network. Then make sure you have typed the correct IP address associated with your iPhone. I have told you how to get the IP address in that list. it.
    That's the problem, my computer is wired, I'll try from my wireless notebook on Sunday
    2010-08-06 07:25 PM
    Iphone 4, locked & jb & with ultrasn0w
    IOS 4.0.1
    T-mobile USA
    T-zones, $5.99

I've done all of the above, and loaded the T-mobile standard ipcc. How would you know if the phone accepts this or the legacy ipcc?
    The phone accepts any proper IPCC. Your T-Mobile account must match the IPCC.

That's the problem, my computer is wired, I'll try from my wireless notebook on Sunday
    You can try to browse with, EDGE only, WiFi off What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address with Safari on the iPhone. It tells you the IP Address given to you by T-Mobile. You can try that. Though, most likely T-Mobile is blocking it. But, it won't hurt to try.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-06 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-06 07:30 PM
    Make sure that the iPhone and compute rare on the same WiFi network. Then make sure you have typed the correct IP address associated with your iPhone. I have told you how to get the IP address in that list.

It's a Mac OS X jail breaking tool. Google it.

You have to reboot if it doesn't reboot by itself. There could be something wrong with the patch or the IPCC if you haven't used one of mine.

It sounds like Cydia crapware is interfering. I can't help you more than this.

So there's nothing I can do?
    And there's nothing I should delete from Cydia?
    2010-08-06 07:39 PM
    If you have butchered your phone, it's possible to restore the original files without having to do a full restore if you know what was patched and/or edited, assuming OpenSSH is still working and you can ssh in. I have written an automated script that extracts and decrypts the IPSW. It expects a decryption information file with the same name as the IPSW, just a different extension. See video. Switch to HD to be able to read text in the video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjUurEYVMEs"]Extract iOS Firmware[/ame]
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-06 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-06 08:33 PM
    Is there any settings in your Cellular data Network? might still be there from the repo you got it from unless you reset settings seems like the key thing is taking out the sim and putting it back in after reboots or wifi use if Data stops working
    epc.tmobile.com under the cell data

and wap.voicestream.com under mms

yeh looks just pop in pop out...

but seems like mine is working PERFECTLY, when i use wifi and turn it off to use edge...no popping of sim card..didnt touch settings either....my data roaming is on if that makes a difference?
    2010-08-06 09:35 PM
    wortel has previously patched the 3G and 3GS binaries, but since sharing copyrighted code is illegal, I have made patches for both the 3G and 3GS CommCenters for iOS 4.0. With this, custom IPCC's can be installed via iTunes. In order for custom IPCC's to work, you need to add the following to your carrier.plist

<key>signature</key>
    <data>
    thisisafakesignaturethisisafakesignature
    </data>

before sms_validity_period key.

Patch with bspatch.

After applying the patch, verify that your CommCenter's SHA1 values match the ones below:

After verifying, place the patched CommCenter in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support. Remember to make a backup. Then chmod +x CommCenter. Finally reboot.

If you do not wish to reboot your device, do the following before replacing CommCenter with the patched one.
    1. launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    2. Replace CommCenter with patched CommCenter. Remember to make a backup.
    3. chmod +x CommCenter
    4. launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Download
    CommCenterPatch.zip

Enjoy!
    gamer765, any chance you are going to patch the CommCenter for 4.0.1? I noticed Apple changed something between 4.0 and 4.0.1 and so the SHA1 result is different after patching with the patch you've created thus far. So far, CommCenter patched for 4.0 works fine on a 4.0.1 firmware 3GS so it may not matter. But I figured, if something changed, which it did in the newer version, is it work creating a patch just for the newer version or should I patch using your patch and accept the different SHA1 value? Thanks dude.
    2010-08-06 10:29 PM
    gamer765, any chance you are going to patch the CommCenter for 4.0.1? I noticed Apple changed something between 4.0 and 4.0.1 and so the SHA1 result is different after patching with the patch you've created thus far. So far, CommCenter patched for 4.0 works fine on a 4.0.1 firmware 3GS so it may not matter. But I figured, if something changed, which it did in the newer version, is it work creating a patch just for the newer version or should I patch using your patch and accept the different SHA1 value? Thanks dude.
    Go a few posts back and look for a link to wortel's commcenter patch
    2010-08-06 10:32 PM
    Go a few posts back and look for a link to wortel's commcenter patch
    Thought that wortel's patch had some redistributed software in it? I thought I read that. I might be just too tired but it took me about 5 hours to put together the overall process to get MMS working on iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1, 3GS. gamer765 gives the overall steps to do it but not the actual, type this, click here, go there, install this type deal. I may post those here but not sure yet.
    2010-08-06 10:39 PM
    Wortel's was the files themselves, which contained copyright material, not anymore.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-06 at 10:47 PM.
    2010-08-06 10:39 PM
    iPhone Model: 3GS
    firmware: 4.0
    Voice Plan: Individual 500mins+text

in Bundle Network Settings Reference section, im not sure which tmobile im using.
    my plan is Even more plus(no contract) 500mins unlimited texting, no data plan
    Last edited by arken21; 2010-08-08 at 09:31 PM.
    2010-08-08 05:19 AM
    i have an iphone 2g 8gigs
    model ma712ll
    modem firmware 04.05.04_g
    version 3.1.3 (7e18)

my phone is unlocked using resnow,,,,,,,t was wroking fine and i restore it by mistake,,,,,i used redsnow to unlock it again,,,,,,but now cant get my internet to work with my (flexpay plan with added internet) i tried to download "legacy" from cydia
    but it doesnt let me and says "file size mismatched"

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppp
    2010-08-08 08:51 PM
    I think i finnaly got this working: Data, MMS and Tethering... However as soon as i reboot the phone... all stops working, until i take the sim out and put it back in again...

Anyone know why this is happening? I don't have cellular data network tab at all... but i was able to edit the carrier.plist and it's working fine without it on T-mobile USA.

Sucks that after every reboot you have to take the sim out...
    Last edited by boostinfd; 2010-08-09 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to Mention : this is for Iphone 4 on 4.0.1
    2010-08-09 08:36 PM
    @SpookyET - What do you think of the new patch to fix T-Mobile MMS on iOS4 made by Pushfix. I read about it on IPHONEHACKS.COM Website?
    2010-08-09 09:14 PM
    @SpookyET - What do you think of the new patch to fix T-Mobile MMS on iOS4 made by Pushfix. I read about it on IPHONEHACKS.COM Website?
    His patch is just the mms override plist nothing new you still should use a carrier bundle (which requires a commcenter patch) because the mms plist is a temp thing
    2010-08-09 09:56 PM
    I think i finnaly got this working: Data, MMS and Tethering... However as soon as i reboot the phone... all stops working, until i take the sim out and put it back in again...

Anyone know why this is happening? I don't have cellular data network tab at all... but i was able to edit the carrier.plist and it's working fine without it on T-mobile USA.

Sucks that after every reboot you have to take the sim out...
    A person emailed me about this. I told him it's an urban legend. I don't know. It could be an ultrans0w or jailbreak bug. It has nothing to do with the bundles.

Stay away from hacks and don't use them in conjecture with the carrie bundles. All you have to do is install the patch and my carrier bundle. What's taking you so long?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-10 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-10 03:46 PM
2,044 ... 3171798081828391 ...