I'll take that as a yes.

Thanks.
    2010-08-12 11:47 PM
    Will these carrier bundles eventually be put on cydia where we dont have to ssh/sftp into the iphone to install?
    2010-08-13 03:17 AM
    Will these carrier bundles eventually be put on cydia where we dont have to ssh/sftp into the iphone to install?
    You don't have to SSH into the phone to install the carrier bundles. Read the first post. You do have to SSH in to install the CommCenter patch if it's not yet in a repository.

The carrier bundles have been removed from Cydia and will not be back any time soon.
    2010-08-13 03:26 AM
    It shouldn't show up without a patch and a bundle. So, I don't know what Cydia crapware you have installed.
    I'm coming off a fresh install. Here's exactly what I did.

Restored to 3.1.2 via iTunes.
    Jailbroken via blackra1n.
    Cydia installed via blackra1n.
    Unlocked using ultrasn0w via Cydia.
    Legacy Bundle applied via iTunes.
    Turned phone on and off.
    The tethering option is visible.
    2010-08-13 03:52 AM
    I'm coming off a fresh install. Here's exactly what I did.

Restored to 3.1.2 via iTunes.
    Jailbroken via blackra1n.
    Cydia installed via blackra1n.
    Unlocked using ultrasn0w via Cydia.
    Legacy Bundle applied via iTunes.
    Turned phone on and off.
    The tethering option is visible.
    Maybe blackra1n patches CommCenter to support tethering. It's a 2-byte patch. I have no idea. iOS 3.0 doesn't need patches, just the IPCC. 3.1 needs the patch.
    2010-08-13 03:36 PM
    Thought I'd post a couple of successes that might help others.

• Iphone 3G/4.0/PwnageTool/ultrasn0w/activated with old AT&T sim
    • Used "ccp400_1.1-2_wortel.deb" to patch commcenter
    • SFTP's in w/Cyberduck to place deb in /tmp folder
    • Used terminal on my Mac to SSH into iPhone and nav to /tmp then executed "dpkg -i ccp400_1.1-2_wortel.deb" (rebooted)
    • Also in terminal, used "defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE" to allow IPCC to install (from first post)
    • <option>-update in iTunes and selected my "Legacy" IPCC
    • BOOM! "Cellular Data" entry area gone in iPhone settings and "tethering" available. Working!

• Iphone 3GS/4.01/new iBoot/jailbreakme.com/ultrasn0w/activated with old AT&T sim
    • Used "ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb" to patch commcenter
    • Used iFile on iPhone to install deb from /tmp
    • In Mac terminal, used "defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE" to allow IPCC to install (from first post)
    • <option> updated in iTunes and selected my "Legacy" IPCC

Hope it helps.

Thanks SpookyET, you crazy Romanian.
    2010-08-13 04:01 PM
    Thought I'd post a couple of successes that might help others.

• Iphone 3G/4.0/PwnageTool/ultrasn0w/activated with old AT&T sim
    • Used "ccp400_1.1-2_wortel.deb" to patch commcenter
    • Used terminal on my Mac to SSH into iPhone and nav to /tmp then executed "dpkg -i ccp400_1.1-2_wortel.deb" (rebooted)
    • Also in terminal, used "defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE" to allow IPCC to install (from first post)
    • <option>-update in iTunes and selected my "Legacy" IPCC
    • BOOM! "Cellular Data" entry area gone in iPhone settings and "tethering" available. Working!

• Iphone 3GS/4.01/new iBoot/jailbreakme.com/ultrasn0w/activated with old AT&T sim
    • Used "ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb" to patch commcenter
    • Used iFile on iPhone to install deb from /tmp
    • In Mac terminal, used "defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE" to allow IPCC to install (from first post)
    • <option> updated in iTunes and selected my "Legacy" IPCC

Hope it helps.

Thanks SpookyET, you crazy Romanian.
    Congratulations, you can follow directions. Everyone follow him.
    2010-08-13 04:18 PM
    I patched commcenter and installed the legacy ipcc with itunes. Edge and tethering works, but MMS keeps giving me a "!". I've restored to 4.0.1 and started from scratch but still get the same results. Any suggestions?
    2010-08-14 04:26 AM
    Hey SpookyET,
    I had an idea(please tell me if its dumb). I wonder if you or someone you know could use @comex released source code to find a way to use the PDF exploit to just inject the unlock, patches and carrier bundles??? I mean I don't know anything about that stuff but it would be so great to go back to the days when you created the custom Pwnagtool to just send through the unlock with out ever having to touch cydia. Just a though, cuz like you, I love to have a stock iPhone with just the unlock.
    2010-08-14 05:05 AM
    Hey SpookyET,
    I had an idea(please tell me if its dumb). I wonder if you or someone you know could use @comex released source code to find a way to use the PDF exploit to just inject the unlock, patches and carrier bundles??? I mean I don't know anything about that stuff but it would be so great to go back to the days when you created the custom Pwnagtool to just send through the unlock with out ever having to touch cydia. Just a though, cuz like you, I love to have a stock iPhone with just the unlock.
    This solution has been available for over a year and made by yours truly: CreamSn0w. I haven't updated it for 4.0 yet. It's Mac OS X only and not jailbreakme.com friendly, but as long as the person isn't brain dead and can follow directions, it's usable.

The Dev-Team will not do it. Don't pesk them about it. Yes, I have looked at @comex's solution, and yes one can upload any payload, but since it's so easily patched by Apple, the labour required is not worth it. At least I don't want to do it. PwnageTool will be updated for newer phones eventually.

I patched commcenter and installed the legacy ipcc with itunes. Edge and tethering works, but MMS keeps giving me a "!". I've restored to 4.0.1 and started from scratch but still get the same results. Any suggestions?
    Try another tower. T-Mobile has been flaky lately.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-14 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-14 05:42 AM
    Not a noob, but cydia isn't finding or recognizing the cydia.iphonemod.com.br source.

Anyone else having this problem?

Update: source was down.
    Last edited by mylonghornlife; 2010-08-16 at 07:44 AM.
    2010-08-14 10:34 PM
    iPhone Model: 3G 3.1.3
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard 1.0.12 IPCC
    Voice Plan: Family 1200
    Data Plan: None
    SMS: Family Unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 6 years
    Last Plan Change: 4 months ago
    Problem: Unable to send or receive MMS. T-Mobile WAP functions.

I tried resetting network settings and rebooting the device, still nothing. What else should I try?
    2010-08-16 10:21 PM
    iPhone Model: 3G
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family Plan
    Data Plan: $10 T-Mobile Unlimited Plan
    SMS: Family plan
    Time with T-Mobile: 5+ years
    Last Plan Change: 5+ years
    Problem: Installed the IPCC file to try to be able to change the voicemail number (using Google Voice). Now it doesn't show the APN settings page and I can't get internet on using EDGE. I checked in /System/Carrier Bundles/ and there is no T-Mobile US folder or 310260 folder. How can I uninstall the IPCC bundle and be able to manually edit the APN settings?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

2010-08-17 06:17 AM
    how can i get the

"Tmobile Services"

tab on my iphone4??

thanks!
    2010-08-17 07:47 AM
    iPhone Model: 3G 3.1.3
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard 1.0.12 IPCC
    Voice Plan: Family 1200
    Data Plan: None
    SMS: Family Unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 6 years
    Last Plan Change: 4 months ago
    Problem: Unable to send or receive MMS. T-Mobile WAP functions.

I tried resetting network settings and rebooting the device, still nothing. What else should I try?
    Data Plan: None is the reason you have no EDGE. MMS on T-Mobile is flakey. Try another tower.

how can i get the

"Tmobile Services"

tab on my iphone4??

thanks!
    Settings > Phone > T-Mobile Services
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-17 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-17 06:46 PM
    Data Plan: None is the reason you have no EDGE. MMS on T-Mobile is flakey. Try another tower.
    Tested MMS with T-Mo branded Samsung SGH-T339 and worked fine even with spotty 1-2 bar service at this location. MMS worked previously on 3.1.2 before upgrading to 4.0 (using one of your carrier bundles) and now does not function at all on this iPhone with 3.1.3. Have any other ideas? Thanks for your reply.
    2010-08-17 08:09 PM

Settings > Phone > T-Mobile Services
    i dont have it there...

any other ideas?
    2010-08-18 02:25 AM
    iPhone Model: 2g (8g model)
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobil
    Voice Plan:unlimited
    Data Plan: T-Mobile add data plan for $25 unlimited
    SMS: T-MobileUnlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 1 year
    Last Plan Change: have not changed plan
    Problem: Previously my iphone was unlocked and i was using the legacy bundle on cydia to get internet and all my apps working.
    Recently my iphone starting saying "cannot connect to data service" and i wasnt getting internet or my apps working.
    i restored my iphone on itunes then unlocked again using redsnow,,,now my phone says when i go to cydia that i cant download anything from cydia it says my firmware may be too old to support download and doesnt let me download anything,,,,,,,,
    version : 3.1.3(7e18)
    carrier : carrier 5.1
    modem firmware: 04.05.04_g

tell me what to do pleaseeeeeee
    2010-08-19 06:39 PM
    I have an iPhone 2G with T-Mobile Prepaid. For the longest time internet2.voicestream.com was working until last week. Now I get "Were sorry this phone is not available for web services" or something like that. Has T-Mobile finally caught on?
    2010-08-19 07:54 PM
    Spooky,

Been following this tread for some time and am convinced, that at least in part, it's why my FaceTime is working on my iPhone 4 (unlocked) on T-Mobile USA.

Anyhow, if by chance you're still working on a VVM solution thought you might find the following link interesting. I know I did

New T-mobile Visual Voicemail - Cab Install - xda-developers

ojelomram
    2010-08-21 07:45 AM
2,044 ... 3474828384858694 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD