User Tag List

It is not regional though, as I am also in the Los Angeles area and on the $5 T-Zones (using wap.voicestream) and not having any problems at all. The IMEI on my plan is from the phone that I purchased when I signed up for the plan (a TM 506). I am still in contract, so I dont think they would just take this away.

I wonder if there is something that you all have in common, like being out of contract or using a LOT of data (I dont use a lot, just check email and facebook once or twice a day.) Not a judgment, just wondering!
    Last edited by HappyBunny; 2009-08-27 at 02:52 AM.
    2009-08-27 02:50 AM
    It is not regional though, as I am also in the Los Angeles area and on the $5 T-Zones (using wap.voicestream) and not having any problems at all. The IMEI on my plan is from the phone that I purchased when I signed up for the plan (a TM 506). I am still in contract, so I dont think they would just take this away.

I wonder if there is something that you all have in common, like being out of contract or using a LOT of data (I dont use a lot, just check email and facebook once or twice a day.) Not a judgment, just wondering!
    T-Zones people are fine, it's everyone on the $9.99 and $19.99 plans who've been shut out across the board, regardless of data usage.
    2009-08-27 03:25 AM
    Dont worry you will be gone too. I talked to the tmobile customer and he told me that I am using an iphone. I didnt admit, why wud i? lolz! He said that people used to get away with the hacks before but it was our fault because we didnt had the right system to ban them. People were using our bandwidth for less money thus giving less speed for people who are giving more money, who deserve more. So now they have upgraded their towers the tower gets the imei and this see which phone is it and if its using the compatible data plan and its not then it blocks the internet service. He said sooner or later everybody will be banned. They are doing audit on accounts and finding out who are using what device and if compatible data plan or not. Before people were given wrong data plans because their system was not in place. AT THIS point I agree with him. The reason is that at my job (IT) we used to do audit before every production release and see which accounts have unauthorized and wrong settings. After we find the account we just used to remove those features without warning. When users used to call us we used to tell then that their account was setup wrong and if they want to add that certain feature that was removed by us they have to get an authorization from compliance. They were pissed off. Even though there was a rule that every request will come from compliance but still some users to call us direct and the new employees not knowing the rules used to add those features.

To confirm this I went to the TMobile corporate store near to my house. I asked the lady and being an Indian also she told me that she knew (tmobile told them) that they are going to block the people with wrong features and data plans but she wasnt sure what date. She confirmed that tmobile scans imei without even me asking her. Then she showed me all the phones and the data plans they will work with. She said these phones will work with the data plan she told me. The other data plans will not work. You might get a different data plan than the phone you have but in few hours or maybe a day your internet service will be stopped saying you that your data plan is incompatible. She told me by heart all the data plans with the different phones. I told her I was using iPhone. She also told me that Iphone is still working with tzones hack but it will stop soon.

Then I went to my friends store who is not a corporate store but a local tmobile authorized dealer. So he also told me that his 9.99 is nto working either. Then I met my other friends there and they also said that their 9.99 plan is not working. lolz! We sat in his store and discussed what new dealers get and figured out that this is not an outage. This is a block by tmobile and it will not work. ThaATS IT!
    2009-08-27 01:50 PM
    It's back! Looks like the internet's working again for everyone on the lower rate plans, through internet2.voicestream.com, at least for the time being.
    2009-08-27 03:20 PM
    T-Zones people are fine, it's everyone on the $9.99 and $19.99 plans who've been shut out across the board, regardless of data usage.
    I am on the $5.99 tzone plan in Detroit area, isn't working for me.

Sorry, internet2.voicestream.com is working again on my $5.99 plan.
    Last edited by as9332; 2009-08-27 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-27 03:37 PM
    probably 5.99 tzones is working but 9.99 web2go is still not working.
    2009-08-27 05:31 PM
    probably 5.99 tzones is working but 9.99 web2go is still not working.
    Switch to the $5.99 plan using this code when you call them "TZUNL599"
    2009-08-27 05:38 PM
    Switch to the $5.99 plan using this code when you call them "TZUNL599"
    That's the problem most people are having they can't seem to get the tzones added. I say most because finally last nght I was able to get it after about 5 or 7 calls to TMO I actually just said to the rep look I ahve several friends who have added this today and the really annoying part is the fact that they're rubbing my face in it when I've been with you guys for alot of years now and have referred in literally a few dozen people so can ya help me out here.
    e was in Nashville and actually took the time to talk to me and look into it and within 20 minutes from start to finish we were done and both lines are on Tzones I'm gonna tell ya don't bother lying about using the iPhone I said yes I have an iPhone but I also have a few other phones and it depends on what I'm doing.
    When I'm out fishing I don't wanna take a $500 phone with me but I still like having web access for weather and general bs which is true.
    So go about a similar conversation and see how it goes guys
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

2009-08-27 05:56 PM
    so I don't know what or how it happened but I randomly checked my iphone for internet last night at around 2 AM los angeles time and it worked. I didn't call tmobile or change any settings, just waited it out. Hope its up and running for everyone...
    2009-08-27 06:47 PM
    same here everything is back to normal, glad we waited it out
    2009-08-27 07:06 PM
    You guys are lucky. I called tmobile 2wice and they said they dont have it in the system. There is no promotion with that code.
    I dont know what else to say. Can someone tell me any other idea?

Also those who are claiming that their iphone is working, please say also that if its working with tzones 5.99 or web2go 9.99 so that everybody can understand.
    2009-08-27 07:09 PM
    You guys are lucky. I called tmobile 2wice and they said they dont have it in the system. There is no promotion with that code.
    I dont know what else to say. Can someone tell me any other idea?

Also those who are claiming that their iphone is working, please say also that if its working with tzones 5.99 or web2go 9.99 so that everybody can understand.
    The only thing I can tell you is a few more calls I don't think any of us got it on the first time.
    Did you call and just ask for customer loyalty right away that's what I did then when he asked what the problem was and if he could help I calmly said "No offense but my friends have told me to just call in and go to customer loyalty and get a supe too make the change and I'm sure you can see I've already made several calls earlier today" Basically the whole conversaton was just a calm thing telling him how my friends have made this change today with no problem and the frustrating thing ws having been with tmo for so long then having these guys who I referred in rubbing it in my face I told him tey said I was s'posed to use TZUNL599 and that'll get me the tzones plan and how I had other reps telling me there s no such plan but then I can see it on my friends tmo account and I knew they had web 2 go previously becasue I told them how I was set up and then we made thechanges at my house blah blah blah but like I said also Hap don't deny having an iPhone just make it clear that it's not the only phone you use maybe tell them you need to get routed to Nashville b/c they seem to know how to add the plan hell I'm really happy b/c they saved me $18 a month b/w tzones and the lower text plan they gave me earlier in the day and like you I went to a TMO store today on an unrelated issue with a friend and the managers is the brother of my forer coworker and he said I dunno what to tell you Mike It was out now it's back and the story changes everytime you talk to someone and he's been with TMO for like 8 years so it's not like he's new but the story is no one knows the story. Hap ya just gotta give it a nother try but I'm almost willing to bet that now that web2go is working again they're probably hesitant to start giving out more discounts from what I'm hearing they were dropping discount left right and sideways yesterday and practically giving away new phonnes to keep people happy I know a few people around the country who picked up new Mytouch for free or 50-100 bucks just to keep them on service so just give it a few more shots stay calm and don't deny the iphone I just laughed and said you know the answer to that but I also use other phones as mentioned previously
    L8R
    Good Luck
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-27 at 08:14 PM.

2009-08-27 08:04 PM
    I'm on iPhone 3G with $9.99 web2go plan using internet2.voicestream.com APN. Internet is back up and running now since 8:15 this morning here in Houston, TX. I originally lost internet back on the morning of 8/25. Glad I waited it out...
    2009-08-27 08:20 PM
    Glad I waited it out too. I'm now back up and running BUT hopefully this isn't an ongoing thing with the Web2Go plan. Hopefully all of us who called and voiced our concerns made a difference. OR it could be some other update and later today/this week/next month we all lose service yet once again. Sorry, I'm trying to remain optimistic thats not the case but at this point I'm alittle weary.

It seems trying to get TZones added is a much safer alternative cause once thats added it seems less likely that APN will have problems. I could be wrong and TZones will be "next 2 go" but something tells me TZones is safe.. I mean safER.
    2009-08-27 08:30 PM
    Internet is back running. Just check on my iphone! =) but idk if anyone notice, but it seemed a bit slower....
    2009-08-27 08:38 PM
    Mine's back up too... and it is a bit slower? We'll have to see what happens.
    2009-08-27 08:49 PM
    I had the blocked internet issue. When I signed up for service, I mistakenly told them I had an iPhone, and they recorded the IMEI number of my iPhone. At first I was not interested in any data plans, because I was always near a wifi router.

I decided to add the 9.99 data plan to use GMaps on a trip I was taking. Of course the data plan didn't work. So I got an old V3 razor from my closet and called them to change the IMEI number on my account. It worked.

So the other day the net stopped working. I just called them up, had the tech reset my account and the data started working again.

The data on my phone has stopped working twice since I started the service, each time if I called tech supp, have them reset the account, it works again, for at least a month or so.

So yeah, the towers can see our IMEI numbers, but the techs for some reason can't. So having them reset the data plan on the account, it works, at least for a few weeks.
    2009-08-27 08:50 PM
    my internet work here in MI too, it out for a days and half. Felt bad for those cancel it. now they couldn't get 9.99 now
    2009-08-27 09:00 PM
    MREY

I called TMobile twice and everytime they denied that there is no such plan exist now. I asked my frined who is a dealer he said companies look at NY in a different way. He said that since I have called so many times and they have recorded in the account also now chances are they will not add it looking at that this person called so many times. I am not sure who to believe, him or you lolz not that I doubt anybody's experience. I will tell him to call tmobile on my behalf as a dealer and add tzones. Lets see!
    Also if I get tzones now but in later I want to get 9.99 will I be able to get it or no?
    2009-08-27 09:18 PM
    as far as getting the 9.99 later no idea
    The whole they look at NY differently is complete BS I grew up in the bronx and was just home last week where most of my friends have Tzones becasue they always had Tzones I've only relocated to MN a ew years ago and spend alot of time for business back in NY but that's a whole different story 3 of my friends just added it yesterday 1 in the Bronx 1 on LI and the other in Wastechester do you know anyone who recently made the switch like yesterday because after Lunch when my friend and I called said look my Buddy Mike is right here next to me this is his tmo number hell here's his girls tmo number they have it I want it end of story so figure out who you need to get on the phone get them on the phone and let's get this done unless we're both dreaming and living in imagination land that this is on the account as of yesterday
    If you're buddy is a dealer then he should just call with you though I don't know what difference that would make.
    The only reason I don't recommend Tzones is becaue it's so damn time consuming if I didn't need the internet on my phone yesterday I wouldn't have switched to the $25 plan if I hadn't switched to the $25 plan I wouldn't have been so damn adamant zbout getting T-Zones just on principal yes they log how many times you call it was no secret that I had all of those calls into TMO how long have you been with them? that can affect it as well but either find someone who has switched call your buddy or you can even PM me here's what I'll tell a call TMO ask if it will make a diffence if you know someone who recently made the switch then you can pm me here if I'm not on a call or in a meeting y'all can call me as long as they don't take away my Tzones

2009-08-27 09:44 PM
117 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD