I currently use T-mobil prepaid on a old motorola phone. I get 10cent/min voice and the free useless tzones (ringtone downloads, plus a few info sites). The phone gets very little use.

Is there some way to use the sim in an iphone? I would mainly use it on wifi, but would like to use the edge network occasionally when wifi isn't available. Voice use would be minimal.
    2009-07-10 10:36 PM
    Yes, you can use an iPhone with a prepaid SIM as long as it is Jailbroken and Activated.

You will need to subscribe to Sidekick Services, which is $1/day or else you won't get EDGE. Make sure to set the APN to hiptop.tmobile.com and leave the username and password blank.
    2009-07-11 05:04 PM
    does sidekick plan need special sim? or will any tmobile prepay sim work? also does sidekick plan include mms? sry for so many questions but I need to get away from AT&T I can't afford it.
    2009-07-12 12:46 AM
    I'm not entirely sure the sidekick plan works for the iPhone, although I could be wrong.

hey I found this could be useful to you..
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...an-iphone.html
    2009-07-12 05:02 AM
    I have been using my T-mobile prepaid sim for years in my iPhone.
    2009-07-12 05:04 AM
    thanks!!!!!! I'll give it a try soon. I hope I can get service where I work. so it doesn't say do they charge you for mms. if so I could just email pics just like I do on AT&T right?

sry to bug again but do I need a sidekick imei?
    Last edited by hurstolds83; 2009-07-15 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-15 03:48 PM
    thanks!!!!!! I'll give it a try soon. I hope I can get service where I work. so it doesn't say do they charge you for mms. if so I could just email pics just like I do on AT&T right?

sry to bug again but do I need a sidekick imei?
    Yes, MMS cost 25 cents (and huge battery drain). No Sidekick IMEI needed; only Jailbreak and Unlock with T-mobile SIM Card in iPhone. No EDGE interent; except CNN, ABC News, and ESPN limited site use (t-zones). There is also a Prepaid Sidekick Plan which is like $1 day. I think there is per diem data plan available too. (You need research this.) I have and like the straight prepaid minutes.
    Last edited by madrich; 2009-07-15 at 10:09 PM.
    2009-07-15 09:49 PM
    thanks so much!!!! I'm gonna try the sidekick plan as I live at work lol. gotta b able to surf the web and get payed
    2009-07-16 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD