Hey MMi, as we all know, the sidekick plan no longer works with the iPhone. I planned on getting the web2go service, but my sister (primary account holder) unknowingly changed it to the Smartphone plan without consulting me first.
    Anyway, does anyone know the proper apn setttings and such to get edge/mms working?
    Thanks a ton, guys.

Got edge to work with internet2.voicestream.com! MMS is working with the settings from the sidekick plan, the only thing is..data roaming has to be on for it to work. Is there any way to bypass that? Also, edge seems really slow for some reason, is there another APN I can use to make it faster?

Edit: MMS will NOT work now. I sent myself a picture and it worked 5 minutes ago. I'm grasping at straws as to how it worked once. Help!
    Last edited by Robertleehadley; 2009-08-14 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-14 04:46 AM
    We have a Smartphone plan for one of our iPhones and we use epc.tmobile.com
    2009-08-14 05:12 AM
    Hey MMi, as we all know, the sidekick plan no longer works with the iPhone. I planned on getting the web2go service, but my sister (primary account holder) unknowingly changed it to the Smartphone plan without consulting me first.
    Anyway, does anyone know the proper apn setttings and such to get edge/mms working?
    Thanks a ton, guys.

Got edge to work with internet2.voicestream.com! MMS is working with the settings from the sidekick plan, the only thing is..data roaming has to be on for it to work. Is there any way to bypass that? Also, edge seems really slow for some reason, is there another APN I can use to make it faster?

Edit: MMS will NOT work now. I sent myself a picture and it worked 5 minutes ago. I'm grasping at straws as to how it worked once. Help!
    This is what i'm using.
    [ame=http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=53]How to Enable MMS and Tethering on the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS with 3.0 Firmware - SiNfuL iPhone[/ame]

Read the thread, try it out, play with it alittle, hope fully it works for you, it works flawless for me.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-16 07:23 AM
    why not get her to switch the rate plan to the web 2 go it's on the site just switch out your phone on mytmobile which you should be able to log into regardless of who the primary account holder is and select a razr as your phone this was just confirmed at my office with a co-worker on friday took 3 seconds and bam he added web-2-go and should be getting his iPhone before I fly out on Wednesday he switched everything over to the same setup I use
    89.99 two lines unlimted voice
    19.99 two line unlimited text
    19.98 two lines web 2 go unlimted data as opposed to my previous
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    149.99 2 lines unlimited text and voice
    29.99 blackberry enterprise service
    24.99 smartphone unlimted web
    then i just use a carrier bundle Tmo knows you're using an iPhone it's not a secret the problem is when you tell my-tmobile.com you're using a smartphone from tmo
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

2009-08-17 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD