Evevryone I've talked to said they had an iPhone then got a mytouch. It's ********. Just like all this stuff.
    2009-08-26 04:08 AM
    Update: Since my posts this morning. I have confirmed the party is over. I dropped the 9.99 and the rep thought I said drop my phone service too. I said no just the data plan. I have att prepaid in case this ever happened guess I am a psychic. Currently, I have 39.99 my fave 300 and I have another year left on tmobile. I am going to continue to use my iphone and the iphone works better on Att network if anyone is considering switching so good benefits. I refuse to pay $25 or $35 for internet that I was enjoying for $9.99 for almost 3 weeks now. NOTE:if it ever does work again on tmobile will never be reliable IMHO.
    2009-08-26 04:15 AM
    hmmm is this happenig to everyone? i have the grandfathered 19.99blackberry unlimited plan and my phone works fine, but i'm guessing cause technically my plan is a "smart phone" plan but my gf has the 9.99 plan and hers still works as of right now...she hardly goes online and doesn't use email that much, so maybe they just didn't catch onto hers yet...does that 24.99 plan come with any text messages in case they do block her phone? i thought about going to att, but i can't beat my plan i have grandfathered with tmobile...i get 1500 mins, 1000 text/mms messages, unlimited web for like 78 bucks after taxes...
    2009-08-26 04:27 AM
    I've seriously used the 5.99-9.99 Hack for over a year
    2009-08-26 04:27 AM
    what settings is she using for the internet???
    2009-08-26 04:44 AM
    Mine is still working.. FYI. Totally perfect and whatever, however, I'm going to switch up to the 24.99+4.99 300 messages so I can avoid thinking about it.

Lovely

Not
    2009-08-26 04:48 AM
    hmmm is this happenig to everyone? i have the grandfathered 19.99blackberry unlimited plan and my phone works fine, but i'm guessing cause technically my plan is a "smart phone" plan but my gf has the 9.99 plan and hers still works as of right now...she hardly goes online and doesn't use email that much, so maybe they just didn't catch onto hers yet...does that 24.99 plan come with any text messages in case they do block her phone? i thought about going to att, but i can't beat my plan i have grandfathered with tmobile...i get 1500 mins, 1000 text/mms messages, unlimited web for like 78 bucks after taxes...
    My web2go plan went out today too. I WAS paying 67.00 FOR UNLIMITED EVERYTHING!! oh well, back up to 80.00 for NO RESTRICTIONS on minutes, text, MMS, and web.

My friend on ATT does get 3G, but also pays 167.00 for his UNLIMITED EVERYTHING.

I am grateful as I can't afford that much
    2009-08-26 04:50 AM
    I'm in Delaware at the moment and my $9 data plan stopped working sometime today. I will probably cancel data and use my phone dumb for a while. I've been jailbreaking my phone since the dev team first released it's hack, and had to deal with so much **** to keep this phone working on T-mo. I'm over it. I've been a t-mo customer since 2001 and haven't been on a contract since 2006. I think it is coming to an end.
    2009-08-26 04:56 AM
    An update: I have the $9.99 plan called T-Mobile Shadow Unlimited Web, so I put my SIM card back in my Shadow and the internet worked like a dream. With the SIM card back in the iPhone, I'm still getting denied access, so it looks like it is connected to the iPhone. I don't know how they can claim it's a smartphone issue, though, when they've been selling the Shadow as a smartphone for ages now.

This sucks, but this forum's been helpful. I hope someone figures something out, or T-Mobile backpedals.

ALSO, I just checked on the My T-Mobile website and the $9.99 plan is the only option I'm even given for a data plan. If this is an attempt to force people to upgrade, that's incredibly poor execution.
    2009-08-26 05:02 AM
    yeah scratch that...her plans not working...dummy me i forgot to turn off her wifi...lol...so yeah that sucks...i'm out of contract and she's getting out of contract soon...i'm thinking about trying att, but i've tmobile, been with them since 2002...i just check att and even if we went on a family plan, where i need at least 1400 mins + it would still be so much more then what we have with tmo...got alot of thinking to do here...although it would be nice to get the newer iphone...but that's another question, i don't want to run and sign up with att if in another year a better iphone comes out...i wondering if it's better to wait another 10 months or so and see if a better phone comes out and then sign up with att...do you guys think apple will bring out another phone next summer?
    2009-08-26 05:06 AM
    I canceled my data plan about 15 minutes ago. When my contract ends with T-Mobile in December, I'm just going to switch to AT&T.
    2009-08-26 05:11 AM
    I just got off the phone with T-Mobile. They told me they made a change yesterday in their Data Networks around 11:30. This Change disables internet for all smartphones with the 5.99 T-Zones plan. To fix this you either have to upgrade to 24.99 plan(Unlimited Web) or the 34.99 plan(Unlimited Web and Text). So, it seems to me like T-Mobile is really cracking down. I suggest going to AT&T and getting 3G for only 30.00/month.
    I got the same information when I talked to tech support.
    Unfortunately the at&t plan does not include any text for $30. So depending on if a person considers wanting 3G with at&t or wants 1000 anytime minutes (not rollover) with tmob. The options are close and dont favor one over another to me.
    2009-08-26 05:27 AM
    Here is the update guys. I was at work and didnt had a back up phone so couldnt call tmobile.
    I came home and changed the sim from my iphone to nokia 6300 and called after 4 hours, just 5 minutes ago.
    The person said that since I have "Blackberry feature enabler" on my account its causing the conflict for the internet not to work. He sent some settings to my nokia 6300 and then turned off the phone. You know the regular troubleshooting stuff. So he told me to go and check the internet again and it didnt worked. But this time rather than giving the "wipcore" message it gave me the subscription upgrade message. He told me that if I remove the "blackberry feature enabler" feature then the internet will work fine. He explained that when we type a webaddress the phone looks for the kind of internet plan with tmobile and then in the account it sees that this account has blackberry feature enabler and it conflicts and doesnt even look for the 9.99 plan from the account or tmobile servers. He insisted that if i remove the blackberry feature enabler the data will work fine.
    So what my question is that whatever he is saying is true or shall I wait for few more days and lets see if this is outage.

Please use your knowledge and not guesses just to raise your post count
    2009-08-26 05:28 AM
    going on the fact that a new iPhone has been brought out every year since the start I would say wait for the next one, next year
    2009-08-26 05:36 AM
    He insisted that if i remove the blackberry feature enabler the data will work fine.
    So what my question is that whatever he is saying is true or shall I wait for few more days and lets see if this is outage.
    I've never heard of the Blackberry feature enabler being used with the iPhone. I could be mistaken, but I don't think it's adding anything, so logically it would make sense to try the change he's talking about and see if that fixes anything. It'd be great if you did and then posted the results here, since thus far no one else has been able to get that option offered to them.

I'm dubious about this, though, because why would every single iPhone user having problems have this feature enabled on their accounts?
    2009-08-26 05:40 AM
    Hi everyone. So this was my 3rd attempt to get an explanation from tech support. I spoke with Mark in tier 3 data support. He said he and his team are well aware of the issue and that they have been inundated with calls about it. He said they turned off access to some windows mobile and blackberry phones that were being used as modems and hogging bandwith. In the process they blocked a lot of people like us. He said they are working on a fix and to call back tomorrow to check the status. He DID NOT mention anything about me changing my plan (I told him I pay $9.99) and I told him my real phone (Nokia Xpressmusic 5800). So my advice to all of you is to not make any hasty decisions. Let's wait for a day or 2 and see what happens. Customer service also told me they would credit me for any days that I didn't have internet. So at least it's free for the time period we don't have access. Crossing my fingers...
    2009-08-26 05:42 AM
    going on the fact that a new iPhone has been brought out every year since the start I would say wait for the next one, next year
    when is apples contract up with att? is it the end of 2010? and also someone who has att is trying to tell me 4g is coming out next summer...can anyone verify this? i'm guessing apple with prob stay with att right? hate to switch and have to switch again in another year

for me so far i'm fine with my bb plan that's grandfathered...but i'm concerned about my gf's phone...i don't know i just really hate to leave tmo, they've been so good to me for years...is att service as bad as i remember it? granite i was with them before they became cingular the first time around...
    2009-08-26 05:46 AM
    Here is the update guys. I was at work and didnt had a back up phone so couldnt call tmobile.
    I came home and changed the sim from my iphone to nokia 6300 and called after 4 hours, just 5 minutes ago.
    The person said that since I have "Blackberry feature enabler" on my account its causing the conflict for the internet not to work. He sent some settings to my nokia 6300 and then turned off the phone. You know the regular troubleshooting stuff. So he told me to go and check the internet again and it didnt worked. But this time rather than giving the "wipcore" message it gave me the subscription upgrade message. He told me that if I remove the "blackberry feature enabler" feature then the internet will work fine. He explained that when we type a webaddress the phone looks for the kind of internet plan with tmobile and then in the account it sees that this account has blackberry feature enabler and it conflicts and doesnt even look for the 9.99 plan from the account or tmobile servers. He insisted that if i remove the blackberry feature enabler the data will work fine.

Please use your knowledge and not guesses just to raise your post count
    Hi Hapishy
    I'm not trying to raise my post count but I also have the blackberry feature enabler on my phone and my question for you is..What is the point of having the feature enabler on my line though my girlfriends does not have this on her phone and is experiencing the wipcore message as well but as I've previously said they never tried to upgrade me today but I had a few meetings which made it impossible for me to call til tomorrow
    I would hope they get this fixed but I still have reason to believe that this would be a breach of contract on their part
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

2009-08-26 05:58 AM
    Hi everyone. So this was my 3rd attempt to get an explanation from tech support. I spoke with Mark in tier 3 data support. He said he and his team are well aware of the issue and that they have been inundated with calls about it. He said they turned off access to some windows mobile and blackberry phones that were being used as modems and hogging bandwith. In the process they blocked a lot of people like us. He said they are working on a fix and to call back tomorrow to check the status. He DID NOT mention anything about me changing my plan (I told him I pay $9.99) and I told him my real phone (Nokia Xpressmusic 5800). So my advice to all of you is to not make any hasty decisions. Let's wait for a day or 2 and see what happens. Customer service also told me they would credit me for any days that I didn't have internet. So at least it's free for the time period we don't have access. Crossing my fingers...
    you know what brah they said the same thing to me when the sidekick plan stopped working. so im not sure thats the case. lets hope but i highly doubt it.
    2009-08-26 06:04 AM
    Yes MREY. I dont think even that having blackberry voice enabler (since i had bleckberry before) would be the reason for the internet not to work. The rep was just trying to get rid of this free feature from the account. Some lady rep 3 weeks ago removed it without telling me and then I had to call back and get blackberry feature enabler on.
    anyway! so like you said i also think that I should wait few days. I think tmobile is doing this outage on purpose so that some impatient customers will call tmobile and they will upgrade to the higher plan. tmobile might be thinking that lets do this outage for few days and get as many as customers on higher plan within these few days of outage and we willl bring it back.
    But lets wait. I tried on my Nokia 6300 and the internet didnt worked either so it definitely something with my account BUT wait it cant be just my account because a lot of people are having this problem. So my idea is that its a planned outage and will be back.
    as for as breach of contract then you think tmobile gives a damn about breach of contract. whos gonna raise this issue and lawsuit about this breach?
    2009-08-26 06:13 AM
339 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD