PLEASE HELP!
    I was given an iphone as a gift and dont really know much about them! The thing is, i'm with t-mobile. I'm not sure if the phone was unlocked but it was working with the tmobile sim in until i tried to use itunes with it. Now the iphone just has a pic of the USB pointing to an itunes icon. When i unlock it, its says emergency calls only. I would really appreciate a step by step instruction of what to do as i'm not used to the terms used!
    2009-10-05 02:40 AM
    You can use redsn0w to jailbreak it and unlock from that screen. Had you gave more info ((Mac/PC 2G/3G)) I could have linked and hooked you up. But here follow this link, it has a tree type menu just follow along and click what applies. It will have all links to files needed, pics and step by step instructions.

On the same note, never click update or restore when in iTunes with a jailbroken iPhone, as you can see it loses all that data.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-05 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-05 03:42 AM
    Thank you so much!
    I have downloaded the redsn0w, but am now stuck on a page that wants me to browse for my IPSW for my CURRENT firmware. Where should I browse? This is where I am getting stuck each time.
    Also, do I jailbreak or unlock first?
    By the way, I am running Windows (vista) OS and 2G (8G) Iphone.
    2009-10-05 07:31 PM
    Just follow the steps on the tree link above click on windows Iphone 2g jailbreak, redsnow then click windows. it has everything you need for the jailbreak and unlock has the bl 3.9 bl 4.6 and the

sorry the restore is there also just follow the instructions
    Last edited by vrodman0633; 2009-10-07 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-07 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD