User Tag List

I have looked around these forums for the answers, but I am totally clueless.
    My carrier is T-Mobile and I'm on a sidekick plan which allows me unlimited internet and texting.
    Someone told me I needed to change the VPN in my settings, but I don't understand.

My net won't work and I keep getting the message saying "Could not activate cell data network: Your are not subscribed to a cell data device."

Also, I can receive and make calls, but the other person is only hearing me, and I am not hearing them. I know this is annoying, but I am just trying to fix this problem and fast, or else I have to return this phone.. Which I really don't want to do.
    Thank you for your time and help.
    2010-01-04 11:08 PM
    I'm pretty sure the sidekick plan is the only plan that doesn't work with the iPhone...

You'll have to call in and get another data plan

As far as the voice thing, it maybe something with your phone... can you hear your voicemail and stuff?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-01-05 02:01 AM
    The only thing is that my texts work and the person on the other side of the phone can hear me. But I can't hear them.. And my friend used to have the sidekick plan with it.
    2010-01-05 02:34 AM
    I'd advise against keeping the Sidekick plan, since it's had very limited success since T-Mobile's been blocking data (but not voice or messaging) access to iPhones on such plans for several months now.

You can get the $10 unlimited web for "phone first" or "Shadow" plan and add $10 unlimited messaging on your plan, that would make it cost about the same as the old, old unlimited SK plan with messaging. Note: you have to be on a typical T-Mobile postpaid/FlexPay (not $1/day SK prepaid) plan w/ voice for this.

On the 'I can't hear them' part, are you sure that's not a hardware issue (i.e. the actual phone)? Have you tried to see if speakerphone and/or headphones with mic make any difference?
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2010-01-05 at 09:28 AM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2010-01-05 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD