User Tag List

So I just got an iphone 2g that was already unlocked and jailbroken. I dont know how it was unlocked but it was jailbroken with cydia. I have the full data/internet plan for a smart phone ( i was using the tmobile dash before this)

I have tried the numerous suggestions throughout the internet about the different upns to use (internet2.voicestream.com, internet3.voicestream.com, epn.tmobile.com, wap.voicestream.com) and still nothing seems to work

I have also tried looking through cydia for the tzone hack that i have heard of but it no longer seems to be available.

Can someone please help me? Apps are one of the biggest parts of the iphone for me and without the internet most of them dont work.

I am far from a computer genius so the more simplified the answers are the easier it will be for me.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out. I really appreciate it!!!
    2010-01-07 05:08 AM
    did you try epc.tmobile.com?
    2010-01-07 05:51 AM
    Yes, I have tried that one as well
    2010-01-07 06:30 AM
    You know you don't really need the smartphone plan, correct? You're over-paying. You can get the $10 web2go unlimited plan. I can help you out with that one. But try going to settings, general, reset, reset network settings. Then reboot. Then go to settings, general, network, and make sure that data roaming is on. Go to cellular data network and type "internet3.voicestream.com" which is the APN for the smartphone plan.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-01-07 02:41 PM
    After doing all that now I get a message saying that I am not subscribed to a cellular service plan.
    2010-01-07 06:08 PM
    Now try all the other apn's to see if you can get it to work. If not, then contact Tmobile and see if an internet plan is on your current plan.
    2010-01-07 10:32 PM
    After doing all that now I get a message saying that I am not subscribed to a cellular service plan.
    After doing what? Did you switch to the $10 plan or did you stay with the smartphone plan? internet2.voicestream.com should work, but also try epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-01-08 12:36 PM
    if all else fails, give t-mobile a call and complain that your data isn't working... They'll most like blame that your not on the smartphone plan, but they will make sure your internet is working properly.

But its weird that your getting non cellular data, when if you have no plan you should go to the upsell website...

Is your data roaming on?

With roaming on, try all of the possibilities adp posted above me... if none of those three work, just give tmobile a call. They know we're using iPhones, and they want to keep us happy. (you'll probably be forced to get the smartphone plan, but if nothing is working, and that works, its better than nothing)
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-01-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD