User Tag List

So, I have an Iphone on T-moblie but get no reception at my apartment. I have to use a Blackberry with UMA support to get any reception. I was hoping there would be something similar that I could run on my Iphone, but no luck. The only work around that I can think of is to sign up for Google Voice, and forwarding calls to the google voice number instead of to your voicemail. I haven't tried this yet but I would assume that this would work. Does anyone else have any better ideas??
    2010-02-02 08:16 PM
    Why don't you switch to a carrier that does get reception in your apartment?

VOIP will work, if you sign up for Skype and have a good Wi-Fi signal you can have your calls forwarded to Skype on the iPhone through Google Voice

Lovely

Not
    2010-02-03 09:22 AM
    The only provider that has service in my building is Verizon. Not really looking to switch to them as they lock down all their phones. I wouldn't even be able to get the Iphone to work on their network either.
    2010-02-03 03:05 PM
    Good voice works flawlessly, only problem i could imagine is that people would need to call your google voice number, not your tmobile number. But you can make calls out with no issues.

In fact I think you can configure your tmobile number to forward when your not available. Just set it to forward to your google voice account
    2010-02-03 07:04 PM