I don't know why I didn't do this from the jump, but I purchased a Jailbroken 2G iPhone from a Friends friend who verified that the phone is all that he said it was. So I've had the phone for 3 weeks now and still not able to access the internet other than through wifi. I've taken all of the necessary steps from switch from my Sidekick Plan to the Smart Phone Data Plan through T-Mobile. I've searched through the entire forum to see if I can find anything to assist me, but no luck. In my Network Screen I do not have the APN options as most of the other members nor do I have the Cellular Data Service either. All that I have available is Data Roaming, VPN, and Wi-Fi.

Now my friend has the exact same 2G iPhone with the same T-Mobile plan, but when we install his SIM card into my phone we can connect straight to the internet without any problem. We've tried putting my card into his phone and the same thing happens as if the card is in my phone. I've called T-Mobile and explained the situation and they send me to Apple. So if there's anyone that can help shine some light on my particular situation it would be greatly appreciated. And again I've searched everywhere on this forum before making this thread.
    2010-03-14 04:49 PM
    Could be that your SIM card is damaged in some way, or too old. I would try getting a new SIM card, if that doesn't work do a restore on the iPhone and jailbreak and unlock the phone. Good Luck!
    If I helped you hit the "Thanks"!
    2010-03-15 01:06 AM
    Could be that your SIM card is damaged in some way, or too old. I would try getting a new SIM card, if that doesn't work do a restore on the iPhone and jailbreak and unlock the phone. Good Luck!
    Thanks I appreciate that. I forgot to mention that I did replace the SIM card on March 2nd
    2010-03-15 01:08 AM
    Have you tried doing a restore on the phone?!
    2010-03-15 01:51 AM
    not the phone just the Network Settings, but it's not the phone. I'm sure of that because of the testing of my friends sim card
    2010-03-15 02:18 AM
    Hmmmm... shouldn't matter what data plan you have on your actual T-Mobile account, that isn't what makes the APN option come up, it comes up when you have a none AT&T SIM card in the phone. Where exactly are you going to see the data settings up have now? Cause WIFI shouldn't be listed in that section. You should go, Settings->General->Network->... Try turning on Data Roaming and see if that pops up the Cellular Data Network option.
    2010-03-15 03:01 AM
    go into cydia, and be sure all carrier bundles are removed....

You probably have the old t-mobile carrier, which disables the apn settings...

if you have no bundles, there is a program in cydia called apn viewer, or editor, i've never had to use it, but do a little searching and you'll find more info on it.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-03-16 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD