Ok I just got a 2g 8gb unlocked iphone from ebay and popped in my tmobile sim card and works great. Now I was using a tmobile dash smartphone I think thats what their called. Now on my dash phone I never got any data/internet service, but now with this iphone I might want to get internet plan, I called tmobile and said whats the cheapest data plan and he said for what phone and i said the dash and he said 24.99.

Do you guys know any tricks in what to say or whatever to get a cheaper price for internet/data plan? Incase you need to know we have 3 phones on the tmobile plan: Mine was the dash, wife's is the samsung gravity slider type phone, and my brothers is a freebie flip phone we got him awhile back. Thanks
    2010-03-23 03:27 AM
    My suggestion would be to do a forum search, the subject has been discussed at length in many different posts.
    2010-03-23 03:36 AM
    Web2go $9.99

They tried that BS with me that I HAVE to use the $24.99 plan with a iPhone I quickly reminded them I DONT HAVE to use there service and if they didn't wish to add the web2go data plan for there long term customer then I would simply change my carrier. His attitude changed real quick and a heard a click and a manager got on the line and of course they had to read me this BS warning that the web2go was not compatible with the iPhone and I had to confirm I still wanted the service added at my own risk. I had to change the APN to internet2 and it works great!!
    2010-03-23 04:08 AM
    Web2go $9.99

They tried that BS with me that I HAVE to use the $24.99 plan with a iPhone I quickly reminded them I DONT HAVE to use there service and if they didn't wish to add the web2go data plan for there long term customer then I would simply change my carrier. His attitude changed real quick and a heard a click and a manager got on the line and of course they had to read me this BS warning that the web2go was not compatible with the iPhone and I had to confirm I still wanted the service added at my own risk. I had to change the APN to internet2 and it works great!!
    So they wont say anything or do anything if you tell them you have a iphone unlocked? Also whats the difference between the web2go and doing the T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=).
    2010-03-23 05:01 AM
    I thought the proxy hack has limits and/or is not available anymore.

If you do go the web2go 9.99 route though, the easiest way is to sign into your TMo account online, select as your phone something simple like a razr or something (if you call and tell them, they ask for the phone model and imei number to verify) but I actually chose this Nokia phone. Anyway, as long as it's not a smartphone, choose it and go to "services" and add it on yourself. It will become active on your next billing cycle.

Btw, internet2.voicestream.com is the ONLY APN that will work with this plan.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-03-23 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-23 05:11 AM
    Sounds like Anniex summed it up. I'm still a noob at this so I have no idea about the proxy hack. They didn't blink a eye when I told them I had a iPhone same with my wife's 3Gs. The only issue I have had was over adding the web2go, they were hell bent on me paying that $24.99 data plan and plans are both the same speed. But the good news is sounds like you can log in online and add web2go yourself, wish I would have known that then I wouldn't have to fight with someone over adding the service for 10 mins.
    2010-03-23 05:28 AM
    For both of you above me, when I log into my account online the phone shows up as my dash but your saying I can change it? Infact if I can I use to have the razr phone before I upgraded to the dash, so I'll try that.

Now after adding the web2go service what are the steps on the iphone i go to do something anout APN you guys talk about? Thanks Thomas
    2010-03-23 05:47 AM
    Go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

Cellular Data APN = internet2.voicestream.com
    MMS APN = epc.tmobile.com

No usernames or passwords for any of the fields
    2010-03-23 05:54 AM
    OK still need help when I log into the account and when I choose my phone number account it does let me change the phone so I select my brothers samsung flip phone model t439 and this what comes up for services:

HotSpot
    Stay connected -- get Wi-Fi access on your laptop, phone, and select cameras and gaming devices at places you already go, including Starbucks, Borders Books and Music stores, airports such as DFW, LAX and SFO, Barnes & Noble bookstores and many more. Terms & Conditions $9.99 Add

Mobile Web $1.99 per MB
    This plan gives you all the benefits of the mobile Web?e-mail, Web browsing, and more?on a pay-as-you-go basis, with no monthly commitment. For $1.99, you can view approximately 30 pages of mobile Web content. FREE Add

Unlimited Web for phones
    This service is recommended for frequent Internet users who regularly access the mobile Web to browse their favorite Websites, search for music and videos, etc. $10.00

So is the unlimited web for phones the web2go plan?

I also chose my old razr v3 model and it only gives me the first 2 options you would think the razr can handle the 10 dollar one ehhehe.

Thanks.

Go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

Cellular Data APN = internet2.voicestream.com
    MMS APN = epc.tmobile.com

No usernames or passwords for any of the fields
    Btw I dont have "Cellular Data Network" when i go to settings/general/network
    Last edited by pctek; 2010-03-23 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-23 07:37 AM
    Whichever phone you choose, as long as it shows you the unlimited web for $10 that's the one you want.

As for not having cellular data network, go to Cydia, search "T-Mobile" and find the Flexpay carrier bundle that has "Legacy" in the description and download that one. That will install the right APN and allow you to access Cellular Network Data.
    2010-03-23 07:59 AM
    Whichever phone you choose, as long as it shows you the unlimited web for $10 that's the one you want.

As for not having cellular data network, go to Cydia, search "T-Mobile" and find the Flexpay carrier bundle that has "Legacy" in the description and download that one. That will install the right APN and allow you to access Cellular Network Data.
    Sorry for this but where is cydia on the phoen do i have to downlaod it somewhere.
    2010-03-23 08:09 AM
    Is your phone not Jailbroken?
    2010-03-24 04:13 AM
    hey wait, web2go still exist? When I called customer care, they said there's no such thing anymore. and I have to get the $34.99 unlimited data/text with 300myfaves plan that I have. Someone let me know something, cause I really don't want to pay $34.99 for this if there's a cheaper plan
    2010-03-24 07:11 AM
    Log into your tmobile account online and under your phone number you'll have a picture of your phone, if its a smartphone/pda phone like a dash or blackberrys or others you'll see higher priced inter plans when you go to services area to add services and such. What you could do is upgrade services online rather then talking to someone on the phone and under your picture of phone click the link thats says "this hone is not mine" then select another phone lesser than a smartphone like a razr v3, even flip phones should work, then go to upgrade/edit services again and you should see a inter plan for 9.99 or 10 bucks i forgot that should work for the iphone after doing the APN settings tweak they talk about here in forums.
    2010-03-24 07:29 AM
    is there going to be any differences in EDGE speed, by doing that?
    2010-03-24 07:35 AM
    No. Same speeds. And the reason why they're telling you that there's no such thing is because you're probably calling from the iPhone or a smartphone. U have to call from a dumbphone.
    2010-03-24 12:41 PM
    That's why I recommended doing it online. You can't call half the time cuz TMo reps will most likely tell you you HAVE to get the 24.99 or 34.99 data plan.

Hell no would I have any of that...

Oh yeah whoever asked where to get Cydia. you have to be jailbroken to get Cydia. If you don't know how to do that, Google
    2010-03-26 07:37 PM
    Oh yeah whoever asked where to get Cydia. you have to be jailbroken to get Cydia. If you don't know how to do that, Google
    Lol...hint- the icon might look like this...
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-03-26 07:51 PM
    Ok I just got a 2g 8gb unlocked iphone from ebay and popped in my tmobile sim card and works great. Now I was using a tmobile dash smartphone I think thats what their called. Now on my dash phone I never got any data/internet service, but now with this iphone I might want to get internet plan, I called tmobile and said whats the cheapest data plan and he said for what phone and i said the dash and he said 24.99.

Do you guys know any tricks in what to say or whatever to get a cheaper price for internet/data plan? Incase you need to know we have 3 phones on the tmobile plan: Mine was the dash, wife's is the samsung gravity slider type phone, and my brothers is a freebie flip phone we got him awhile back. Thanks
    There's a 9.99 data plan for other phones. They try to convince you that 24.99 works best with iphone, but just keep asking for 9.99 one and insist that you want 9.99 only and say no to 24.99, they will give. 5.99 tzones that i have is not available anymore.
    2010-03-26 11:49 PM
    so...

500 talk + text + web = $60
    500 talk + text = $40

So it's cheaper to get just talk and text and add the $10 web? That seems pretty strange. Just wanted to make sure before I do it.
    2010-03-29 10:08 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD