Hello so I am a $20 web2go unlimited data and txt tmobile customer on a iphone. I orginally singed up with a samsung gravity.

Can someone tell me why the samsung gravity can get epc, wap, and internet2 apns and the iphone can only use internet2?

Each tmobile customer can have up to 3 apns provisioned for their account. I guess when I put the sim card in the gravity it sees it as a dummy phone and allows all apns to be used. This is weird as they are starting to do port blocking and restricting url addresses on internet2 so I wanted other options, but they don't seem to work on the iphone (you get data upgrade message on epc and wap).... IS their a cydia app I'm not aware of I have legacy.

thanks for your insight.
    Dan

T-Mobile APNs

*NEW* T-Mobile Internet (all current plans) epc.tmobile.com
    T-MobileWeb wap.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile Total Internet internet2.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile Total Internet with VPN
    (Virtual Private Network) internet3.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile SideKick hiptop.t-mobile.com
    (used to works on other phones, but T-Mobile has blocked all phones besides Sidekicks since Aug. 2009)

What are the T-Mobile GPRS / EDGE network settings for any handset / device

All APNs have access to T-Mobile's EDGE Network without any additional configuration or charge from T-Mobile. There are no noteable speed differences between any of the APNs except the latency inherent to any wireless packet-switching network.
    epc.tmobile.com APN

This is the new standard APN for all current T-Mobile data services, except for Sidekick.
    Total Internet

The grandfathered Total Internet service allows direct access to the internet with no need to use a WAP/HTTP proxy. In addition there are no port restrictions however IP addresses are still asigned based on NAT. Example: 10.x.
    Total Internet with VPN

Same as Total Internet except that the Dynamic IPs assigned are externally addressable to allow for VPN and other direct access type applications. Example: 208.x.x.x You must specifically request "with VPN" support when adding this service otherwise you will only receive the Internet APN.
    BlackBerry

Same as T-Mobile Internet with the additional support for the BlackBerry products. The internet portion of this service may be used on non-BlackBerry devices as a substitute for T-Mobile Internet. Many have had success using this data plan instead of the Total Internet package when they do not need or want the HotSpot portion of the service.
    T-MobileWeb

Previously known as T-zones. This is T-Mobile's APN for WAP access using the WAP Gateway. This is the APN you must use in order to access any WAP site. IP addresses are assigned based on NAT. Example: 25.x.x.x T-Mobile also employs port restrictions to limit internet access on devices such as smartphones. See also proxy.
    SideKick

Similar to T-Mobile Internet with the additional support for the SideKick device. In the past this service only worked with Sidekicks. Set username and password both to blank, 'dummy', or 'guest'.

T-Mobile Port Restrictions

T-Mobile employs port restrictions for users of T-MobileWeb. Many users have limited success employing use of proxys to bypass these restrictions. Without the proxy your access to the internet may be limited to the following ports. After signing up for a free account with Silence is Defeat, it is also possible to setup an SSH tunnel that will allow you to have completely unfettered internet access through a SOCKS proxy. See also T-Mobile Proxy Settings.

Ports status is subject to change without notice.

Port Protocol
    (see TCP & UDP) Service
    25 TCP SMTP
    110 TCP POP3
    143 TCP IMAP
    465 TCP SMTP over SSL
    (encrypted transmission)
    587 TCP SMTP over SSL
    (encrypted transmission)
    993 TCP IMAP4 over SSL
    (encrypted transmission)
    995 TCP POP3 over SSL
    (encrypted transmission)
    8080 TCP HTTP Alternate
    (Used by T-Mobile's proxy server)

Note: Effective June 27th, 2009 it is no longer required to use a different APNs to access services. The APN should be set as epc.tmobile.com at all times. Proxy Settings can be entered but will be ignored by the gateway.

Instructions for configuring typical WAP-enabled devices can be found here.

Note:T-Mobile cannot guarantee that handsets not sold by T-Mobile will function as desired on our network.

Gateway IP:
    Primary = 216.155.165.050, port = 8080
    Secondary = 216.155.165.051, port = 8080

Note: Port 9201 can be used instead of 8080 if there are problems connecting.

Authentication:Normal
    Header Compression: No
    Proxy (as needed): 216.155.175.188 at port 8080

Note: Some manufacturers use a content proxy for their proprietary browser. For more details, customers can contact the manufacturer.

Some corporate intranets require a proxy setting in the browser. Contact the corporate IT support staff.

Quality of Service (QoS): The QoS setting is configured by T-Mobile. The connection setting defaults to three, and changing the settings on the handset does not effect the connection in any way. The peak rate and mean rate are also automatically set by T-Mobile.

GPRS dial-up number: *99#
    Alternate DUN: *99***X# where X is the Connection ID (CID) )
    Last edited by dan94546; 2010-03-23 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-23 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.