Hey guys,

I have unlocked my sisters Iphone 3G 8GB. Without doing anything settings additional, data on Safari works, Mail worms, Voice mail Works, phone in and out works, but there is no option for MMS in either the ext message field, or options menu on a picture.

I remembered on my exact phone unlocked on ATT network, when I ungraded to 3.1.2 I had to reset the phone to get the option via the phone's internal reset button. This did not work on her phone. Shes running 3.1.2 with the base band of 4 I believe.Any help would be appreciated.
    I am doing this unlock and stuff for her over a PC anywhere connection and phone support assistance, so its kinda difficult, lol.

Thanks,
    -Louis
    2010-03-29 02:12 AM
    If she's using it for T-mobile. here's the settings

Go to settings/general/network/cellular data network

On MMS type this:

APN wap.voicestream.com
    Username (leave blank)
    Password (leace blank)
    MMSC 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size (leave blank)
    MMS UA Prof URL (leave blank)

After that, reboot phone, then go to settings/messages

MMS Messaging, turn on..
    2010-03-29 02:21 AM
    Need to download the carrier package through Cydia. Or you can type it in by going Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network, under the Cellular Data you should see MMS from there type the following:
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng. t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Max Message Size: 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

After that hit the home button, power off the iPhone, power on the iPhone, go to messages and you should see a small camera icon in the bottom left. Also make sure you have MMS turned on, Settings->Messages->MMS Messaging ON
    If I helped you hit the "Thanks"!
    2010-03-29 02:24 AM
    thnx for the prompt reply...

I do not see the MMS option..

If I go Settings -->General -->Network

All I have is..

Enable 3G (ON/Off)
    Data Roaming (ON/Off)
    VPN - NOT CONFIG
    WIFI - Connected to her Wifi...
    Am I missing something?
    2010-03-29 02:25 AM
    Yeah you are. Cellular Data Network option
    2010-03-29 02:33 AM
    LOL. Its not an option in there.
    I should also note, her phoen is UNLOCKED ONLY. Not jailbroken.
    If I need to jailbreak it I will. Just less chance for corruption..
    2010-03-29 02:34 AM
    And be careful, leave the MMS Max size, and URL blank, cause it's sometimes glitchy on some iphones if you don't. As you can see on Boisepunk22's post, it says "sonyericsson".

umm, let me look up on that for you, to see if you actually need to jailbreak it to get the cellular data network. Maybe ADP can help on that one
    Last edited by 1ucky11; 2010-03-29 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-29 02:37 AM
    how do u unlock without jailbreak?
    if u have the t-mobile sim in a;ready the option should appear
    If My Replys Helped You Out In Any Way
    Dont Forget To Hit The "THANKS" Button
    2010-03-29 08:43 AM
    LOL. Its not an option in there.
    I should also note, her phoen is UNLOCKED ONLY. Not jailbroken.
    If I need to jailbreak it I will. Just less chance for corruption..
    If you can use t-mobile in your phone, it is unlocked and therefore jailbroken. You can have a jailbroken-only phone, but not what you said. Which means you should have cydia. You have to let us know what data plan this phone is on so we can direct you to the proper carrier bundle, which will fix the MMS issues.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-03-29 03:21 PM
    Hey guys,

THe T-Mobile SIM is working, phone is activated, and I used BlackRa1n... so when I launched it on the phone, I installed black sn0w but not Cydia or Rock. So I technically have no Jailbreak software apps on it, yes it is jailbroken but not in the sense of use.

It is running on the Tmobile Unlimited Text/Data, 500 minute plan with no contract.

Thanks for all your help guys, this is really appreciated. My sister is sick with lymphoma cancer, and this is this phone is the only thing that keeps her spirits up! Shes an Iphone Freak!
    2010-03-29 06:53 PM
    Sorry to hear about your sister.

Unfortunately, without Cydia a lot of your options are reduced. You can try re-jailbreaking and re-unlocking, but I'd recommend you install Cydia this time. It will not install anything unless you authorize it.
    2010-03-29 09:20 PM
    Need to download the carrier package through Cydia. Or you can type it in by going Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network, under the Cellular Data you should see MMS from there type the following:
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng. t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Max Message Size: 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

After that hit the home button, power off the iPhone, power on the iPhone, go to messages and you should see a small camera icon in the bottom left. Also make sure you have MMS turned on, Settings->Messages->MMS Messaging ON
    Thank-you,

YOu do HAVE TO INSTALL CYDIA to get that celluar data option in order to edit.

These setting allowed my sister to SEND OUT pics from her iphone.
    However,
    When I tried sending her an Iphone taken picture from my iphone to hers, she got an error message saying - "No media content attached"
    When I sent her a pic message from my wife's phone (which is an ATT quick fire - standard phone) her phone said "Picture cant be displayed, resolution error" but she got the text I sent with it. What is the dealio?

Thanks again Guys
    Status = Can send out, can't get in.. standard txts still work
    2010-03-31 03:12 AM
    Which data plan does she have? Once I know that I can tell you which carrier bundle to download.
    2010-03-31 03:04 PM
    Its the Tmobile
    Even More Plus 500 Talk + Text + Web $no contract $59.99 a month.

Thanks man,
    -Louis
    2010-03-31 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD