User Tag List

Hello, I have a question regarding Blackberrys and the swapping of SIM cards. I recently purchased an HTC Dash with 500 Minutes per month and unlimited text/web from T-Mobile. But I also have an old Blackberry Curve 8900. If I took the SIM card out of the HTC Dash when it arrives and put it in my old Blackberry, could that possibly work? With the minutes and the text/web?
    2010-04-14 11:08 PM
    If you don't have a BlackBerry data plan then your sim will only allow calls and text. If you have the right service book it will allow the mms but you won't get web or anything on the BB without the blackberry data plan.

I have the BlackBerry data plan on my account and can swap between iPhone and BB though and everything works
    2010-04-15 04:15 AM
    Actually if you have a regular data plan you can still access internet. You can browse the web and check your mail through a third-party browser such as Opera Mobile.

You don't need a blackberry data plan unless you want to have push e-mail and RIM branded apps to work. If you only need regular web browsing, get some wifi access and download Opera Mobile through your regular browser (or do it through USB) and you can access web with Opera.

You just have to adjust your APN to internet2.voicestream.com for it to work. BTW, this is not an iPhone question??? Lol...

**My friend had a blackberry 8900 and I downgraded her plan from BB data to web2go 9.99 and it works fine. She didn't care about not having RIM branded things to use she just needed to be able to browse the web and access her mail through Opera. Much cheaper than having a BB data plan if RIM branded things are not vital.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-04-21 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-21 03:50 AM
    True doing it that way would be cheaper but honestly it wouldn't make the BB what it is intended and what appeals to a lot of users without the data plan. I personally like being able to switch over to the BB and have the push email and everything working like it should. But that's just me and I've been using BB's for the past 4 years on and off so maybe I'm partial lol
    2010-04-21 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD