Can someone update me as to what the current skinny is on the proper settings for edge use on my iPhone? I have an iPhone that was working great in LA on T-mobile's Edge network. I'm in Texas for the week and I don't get edge anymore - just a small tiny "degrees" symbol. (what is this - whatever it is is horribly slow. I can get emails if I wait forever, but the web is useless.

I am using the legacy postpaid version 1.0.11 tweak from Cydia - internet2.voicestream.com.

Why would it stop working in Texas? T-mobile is no help. In fact they seem to have changed my designated phone (some touch type iPhone look-alike) on my online account settings.

What to do?

Thank you.
    2010-05-11 06:17 AM
    U have GPRS Right Now. Ur in a place where little coverage is basically. It's even slower than edge
    2010-05-11 06:25 AM
    So there is nothing wrong w/ my settings. According to girl I spoke to at t-mobile, I should get edge here. Maybe she didn't mean edge rather GPRS?

I drove 30 mi today from Fort Hood to Temple. I checked for edge all along the way but got nothing. Could t-mobile really have a hole this big in their coverage?
    2010-05-11 06:39 AM
    You are lucky to get GPRS in Temple
    2010-05-11 06:43 AM
    Texas is a very spotty state when it comes to data:

Unsupported Browser

Select the "data" tab and see it for yourself. The lightest color is GPRS. Then Edge and the darkest is 3G.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-05-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD