Hey you guys, long time lurker first time poster... So i followed the instructions to a T about how to get the 9.99 internet data plan and downloaded the legacy tweak off cydia and installed it... everything was working perfectly (about a week) until today, and now when i try to go to a site this stupid web2go website comes up and says that i need to upgrade my data plan. Did tmobile figure it out? I don't understand? any help would be greatly appreciated =)
    2010-06-03 08:02 PM
    Sounds like Tmobile may have figured it out.
    2010-06-03 08:37 PM
    Works just fine for me. Try to reset your network settings.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-06-03 09:28 PM
    hm that didn't seem to help, adp. If it helps I installed the first tweak that comes up under tmobile tweaks... I search for legacy, but it never pops up... I reset the network settings and then turned it off and on again, but it didn't work =/ any other suggestions?
    2010-06-04 06:44 AM
    I was just talking with T-mobile about downgrading my data plan to the web2go.. I told them i got ride of my iphone. anyways they said it's unlimited internet, surf the web check face book, bla bla bla.. but! BUT!! where they get you is you have to PAY EXTRA for downloading stuff, like ring tones and wallpapers.. ok this translates to downloading any data to me.. so I think, once they see your downloading a lot of DATA.. you know stuff from Cydia or Rock or **********, they probably track how much data your downloading, and compare that to how many ringtones or wallpapers or games you have purchased and then they say.. HUMMMMM 0.00 $$ spent > 30mb downloaded ?? Charge this FOOL! LOL!
    I'll stay with my data plan tell i figure it out a little more.
    2010-06-04 08:48 AM
    hm that didn't seem to help, adp. If it helps I installed the first tweak that comes up under tmobile tweaks... I search for legacy, but it never pops up... I reset the network settings and then turned it off and on again, but it didn't work =/ any other suggestions?
    Then manually go into your cellular data settings and change the APN to internet2.voicestream.com. The legacy bundle should appear though, make sure you have the Modmyi repo in Cydia. Also, uninstall any previous bundles

I was just talking with T-mobile about downgrading my data plan to the web2go.. I told them i got ride of my iphone. anyways they said it's unlimited internet, surf the web check face book, bla bla bla.. but! BUT!! where they get you is you have to PAY EXTRA for downloading stuff, like ring tones and wallpapers.. ok this translates to downloading any data to me.. so I think, once they see your downloading a lot of DATA.. you know stuff from Cydia or Rock or **********, they probably track how much data your downloading, and compare that to how many ringtones or wallpapers or games you have purchased and then they say.. HUMMMMM 0.00 $$ spent > 30mb downloaded ?? Charge this FOOL! LOL!
    I'll stay with my data plan tell i figure it out a little more.
    You've got it all wrong.

First, web2go is designed for dumbphones, which means you regularly wouldn't be able to access any apps/safari/cydia. If you use web2go in a dumbphone and go to the "Web2go browser" on your phone, you will get the option to do very limited things. For example, you can check an e-mail account, check some news, stocks, but that's pretty much it. It's the type of internet you would see if you connected with an old nokia or motorola. In the same menu, you also get the chance to download ringtones and wallpapers. This is what they're talking about. They're T-mobile sponsored and they will charge you for them. Luckily for us iPhone users, we cannot access this web2go browser. Therefore, you will NOT get charged additionally after the $9.99/month. It truly is unlimited.
    Last edited by adp; 2010-06-04 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-04 03:31 PM
    Okay, I switched the APN and it works beautifully now =) thank you. I don't have the modmyi repo, I also don't have any bundles installed anymore, but cydia is now crashing? any way to fix that? Thank you for fixing my internet though haha I was lost without it

Also, AGNT, when I spoke to a tmo representative I asked if any data download or transfer is extra and she assured me that it is all unlimited... I even have the chat log to prove it if my bill states otherwise hahaha.
    2010-06-04 05:06 PM
    Okay, I switched the APN and it works beautifully now =) thank you. I don't have the modmyi repo, I also don't have any bundles installed anymore, but cydia is now crashing? any way to fix that? Thank you for fixing my internet though haha I was lost without it

Also, AGNT, when I spoke to a tmo representative I asked if any data download or transfer is extra and she assured me that it is all unlimited... I even have the chat log to prove it if my bill states otherwise hahaha.
    To fix cydia crashes:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...ash-fixes.html

When you fix that, go back to Cydia and add the modmyi repo (http://apt.modmyi.com/)
    2010-06-04 05:30 PM
    hmm, I dont have SSH on my phone, however, i have iphonebrowser, would that work?
    2010-06-04 05:40 PM
    No, you have to download winscp and SSH into your phone.

If you have SBSettings make sure SSH is enabled
    Last edited by adp; 2010-06-04 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-04 06:01 PM
    where can I find a tutorial on how to SSH into my phone? can I download winscp from a computer?
    2010-06-05 04:51 PM
    Use this guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to SSH Into Your iPhone Using WinSCP (Windows)

Winscp is a windows program, so you have to download it from your PC
    2010-06-05 06:49 PM
    how am I supposed to go into cydia when it crashes?
    2010-06-05 08:44 PM
    Download iPhonebrowser
    2010-06-05 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD