not sure if this is the section to post this but, i almost regret updating to iOS4 with my 3G it's soo laggy as an OS not connection wise (jailbroken/unlocked)

was curious if this is due to enabling background image and multitasking? if so i might just re-jailbreak and uncheck those options
    2010-07-01 06:59 PM
    My 3G is super slow also! Really annoying. I used to have the cydia version of multitaking on my old 2g and it was way faster and would actually open apps and answer phone calls when I wanted to...
    2010-07-01 07:18 PM
    Yes, try doing that. I also jailbroke my 3G before selling it, but I set it up as a new phone. It seemed faster than when on 3.1.2. However, you will lose all your data stored in apps, texts, etc.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-07-01 07:32 PM
    Yup, mine slowed down a ton, even without enabling multitasking or backgrounds. I went back to 3.1.2 after a few days.
    2010-07-01 07:37 PM
    Yes IOS4 with backgrounds and multitasking is very bad idea! It's too slow!
    2010-07-01 07:41 PM
    Yup, mine slowed down a ton, even without enabling multitasking or backgrounds. I went back to 3.1.2 after a few days.
    i would like to downgrade but im pretty sure i can't anymore, forget why but i remember reading something about it and how itunes uses signatures? not sure

anyone try iOS4 without multitasking, background images and notice a difference?
    2010-07-01 07:47 PM
    i would like to downgrade but im pretty sure i can't anymore, forget why but i remember reading something about it and how itunes uses signatures? not sure

anyone try iOS4 without multitasking, background images and notice a difference?
    Downgrade iOS 4 iPhone 3GS, 3G to iPhone 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie
    2010-07-01 08:01 PM
    ah sweet. thanks man. question, was there any benefit to 3.1.3 from 3.1.2? i never updated at the time, but now im curious if it's anyway better than 3.1.2
    2010-07-01 08:18 PM
    No, nothing really. It was just Apple's attempt to patch their next release. They only released 3.1.3 to upgrade the baseband and await for the unlock so they could patch 4.0. Luckily the dev-team never did this and now you have 4.0 unlocked.
    2010-07-01 08:22 PM
    *Update - Solution

if you disable background wallpaper (rejailbreak, unchecking option)

and then do a hard reset of the phone twice (holding power and home buttons till phone resets, loads up, then resetting one more time)

fixes 95% of lag.

my phone feels pretty much like it did on 3.1.2!

*you can still use multitasking, seems like the background wallpaper causes most of the lag.
    2010-07-02 06:17 PM
    *Update - Solution

and then do a hard reset of the phone twice (holding power and home buttons till phone resets, loads up, then resetting one more time)

fixes 95% of lag.

*you can still use multitasking, seems like the background wallpaper causes most of the lag.
    You think it's background wall paper? I don't think so! I will try what you suggest and report back.
    2010-07-06 07:32 PM
    It is background wallpaper... There's reasons why apple does certain things...

Just use winterboard like always
    2010-07-06 11:25 PM
    I had the same issue.. RAM is being utilized as process keeps holding in the background. Here's the fix to put more RAM on your phone.

2010-07-07 04:35 AM
    I did what itphone said to do and it dramatically improved the performance of multitasking on my 3G
    2010-07-07 05:33 AM
    *Update - Solution

fixes 95% of lag.

Thank you this took care of the lag issues.
    2010-07-08 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD