So I've notice that when I am using the phone, like browsing safari and then receive a phone call, I get a quick pop up about not able to activate the cellular data network, then the phone call comes through.

I have my APN set, Cellular data on, data, EDGE on, also noticed the other day when I was on a phone call I could not for the life of me, surf the internet AND talk on the phone.

I used to surf and talk a lot at the same time.

Anyone else notice this or better yet, have a fix?
    2010-07-02 06:48 AM
    If you're on T-mobile, you won't be able to surf and talk at the same time with EDGE. It's just a fact of life of T-mobile. You may have been on Wifi before.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-07-02 01:33 PM
    yes, you were on wifi before like adp said. although, it's weird that you get a stupid pop-up saying no cellular network. You are supposed to lose EDGE service while on a call, but i have never seen a pop-up before the call comes through; it is supposed to just disconnected and reconnected after you hang up. perhaps you should rest your networks and re-enter the APN to try to eliminate the pop-up.

but it is a fact that T-Mobile's service currently does not support data and voice calls simultaneously as it is not supported for most carriers.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-03 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-03 06:53 AM
    Except the all-mighty AT&T which allows voice/data over 3G
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-07-03 01:27 PM
    but it is a fact that T-Mobile's service currently does not support data and voice calls simultaneously as it is not supported for most carriers.
    Odd, I swear I was on a phone call, had the green bar on top and was not in wifi range before, and had to look up something while on call through safari.

The same is not true for my Touch Pro 2. I know I was surfing and talking with that just before.
    2010-07-06 05:58 AM
    If you are on a TMobile phone that has 3G then yes you can. If you are on an iPhone with TMobile you cant run a call an EDGE simultaneously. Since we cant get 3G on iPhone, we cant have voice/data simultaneously unless you are using wifi.

Just tested it out right now. On a call with wifi off, tried to surf the web and the iPhone 2G and 3G i own both said unable to use data services while on a call. It specifically said during calls data cant be used. On wifi I was able to load pages thru safari and opera mini.
    2010-07-06 06:10 AM
    Wierd,

Its actually just one specific contact in my phone triggering this message. Anyone else calls me, I see the E drop and the phone rings.

With him, I'm using the phone browsing, then a pop up about no cellular data, then quickly switches to the call screen.

But only that one contact, deleted it from Google Sync, re -added him, no more problems.
    2010-07-08 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD