This is only going to work with the apn hiptop.t-mobile.com, if you have an actual Internet plan through tmobile you should not be useing this at all because the internet2.voicestream.com APN does not need a seperate proxy to work. If you are using IOS4 and you install a profile lke this mine used to do the same thing were it would close out like that. But it would still work. If you have all the setting correct in your profe it should work. If you have at least the APN correct you should be able to recieve mail through the mail app.
    2010-07-10 08:08 PM
    Thanks guys, yep I used the hiptop.t-mobile.com APN first as per the guide's instructions. But didn't know if you -actually- needed the Sidekick plan to make this work.

But then I had that cellular data problem and thought I was doing something wrong because I would check with SBSettings and saw that my Data IP address wasn't true to my external IP address on my computer.

Going on any browser would send me straight to the web2go page instead.

I'll keep trying this, really appreciate it antman and digitalreflex!
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08
    2010-07-10 11:05 PM
    Data ip will not be the pc address. You have to pull up the website whatsmyip.org an it will show same ip as your pc
    2010-07-11 02:08 AM
    Still no dice,

There's nothing else I should be doing with Squid besides running the install.bat the first time right?

Because besides that, all the settings I've put are correct. My only doubt was the External IP address part, but what you get on whatsmyip.org is what you put inside, then you just open up the port on your router right?

I double checked on my router to make sure that on the Port Forwarding page the IP was the same to that of my current external IP (since mine occasionally changes because it's dynamic)

Ah well I really appreciate it guys, might give it another shot sometime. But not sure if its because I dont have the Sidekick plan or what, xD. I'm going to keep playing around with it though.

Just last question antman, you mentioned that your Cellular Data page would also close automatically, did you ever manage to fix that?
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08
    2010-07-11 03:12 AM
    In order to do the sidekick plan I think you just need to log in to tmobile's site and select that as your phone (that's what I did), then I had the option to use the data.
    2010-07-11 03:32 AM
    I wanted to update you guys on this. The guys at F R E E - I P H O N E * S I D E K I C K - CO - CC updated the config to fix the traffic that flows to allow it to be optimized for mobile web sites that optimize themselves. before it would get confused and send data like a PC connected to the web. You will want to download the config from the site and replace the config you currently have with the new one and stop the squid server and start it. Or just restart your PC. Looks like they are doing good with the config changes. This new config is faster. Glad they are keeping this alive.
    Sorry dumb question, but is the updated config just the "Example squid.conf" on the site? I just right clicked and saved, and put it in my squid>etc folder. Hopefully I did it right, lol.

Also, any ideas why I can't really get any app support? The only things that work for me are Opera Mini (very slowly) and the Mail app, but that one works with the hiptop APN anyway without this proxy server.

Thanks guys!
    2010-07-11 05:25 AM
    If you only have the opra browser and mail app working that means that it isn't working. You did add the new config correctly as well. Make sure you have the route pointing to the pc squid is on for the correct port. If you aren't sure just set the dmz ip address to the pc you have squid on and then make sure to double check the profile you made and sent your phone and make sure you put the correct info in it. Then restart the pc and then restart the iPhone to make sure. Opra browser uses it's own proxy and that is why it works as of now. The way to see if you are using your proxy is to go to whatsmyip.org and see if it is showing the same ip as your home pc. If not you are not using your proxy.
    2010-07-11 06:05 AM
    Sorry dumb question, but is the updated config just the "Example squid.conf" on the site? I just right clicked and saved, and put it in my squid>etc folder. Hopefully I did it right, lol.

Also, any ideas why I can't really get any app support? The only things that work for me are Opera Mini (very slowly) and the Mail app, but that one works with the hiptop APN anyway without this proxy server.

Thanks guys!
    That was the same problem I had too, turns out for me it was Windows Firewall blocking access to it after I did the router section Ant just talked about.
    2010-07-11 02:17 PM
    The creators of free iphone sidekick and leimobile.com have teamed up to create a replacement service called P1nkSn0w. PRESS RELEASE: Introducing P1nkSn0w | LEI Mobile
    2010-07-20 11:34 PM
    Hey antman1,,, let me know if you find a fix for the textfree app to work lol... Thanks man
    2010-07-21 02:40 PM
    no fix as of yet. it has to be a program issue. I attempted to ask for support and the answer from the textfree people was that since I am not using AT&T it has to be a n issue with speed or possibly something on T-Mobiles network. I have noticed that Notifications still go through. it is only the app not connecting to the server. Wish I knew more about how to look into the programing of an app like that. guess for now I am stuck with ebuddy and such. I traded my 3G with a guy that was moving back to Brazil and now stuck with a 3GS that is stuck on IOS4 not jailbroken. I will play with it more once I am jailbroken again. Same thing goes for all of you. If anyone finds any answers on why it doesnt work let us know. I am surprised this freeiphonesidekick.co.cc solution for internet on the iphone isnt more popular. you would think there would be a sticky on the subject for all those out there not able to get the edge proxy hack to work so they could get up and going since tmobile started the web2go pay by the hour stuff.
    2010-07-25 07:23 PM
    They all have different features. Any time you buy a phone it may have a special feature on it. The phones you mentioned are just speciality phones.

I have the Blackberry, best phone i've ever owned
    2010-07-26 02:01 PM
    I am not sure I understand your post. Who were you replying to?
    2010-07-26 02:18 PM
    Interesting. freeiphonesidekick.co.cc has been shut down and redirects to (not so free) p1nksn0w.
    2010-07-27 12:09 AM
    Wonder if he is getting a cut of it???
    Oh well, at least we got the info on how to set it up before it went down.
    2010-07-27 12:51 AM
    Looks like the site is up over here: http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/72...y-site-up.html
    Looks like same style but changed some of the guide a little. Same concept.
    2010-07-28 01:45 AM
    Is anyone else having trouble in their my.t-mobile account trying to change to the sideckick plan? I usually change between that and the reg pre-paid plan when I know I won't be accessing the web. For some reason when I try to change my plan like I normally do, all the options are there EXCEPT the sidekick plan. Anyone else having this problem?
    2010-08-29 02:19 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD