Alright guys this is EXTREMELY weird for me.

I have no data plan at all, the 3G option in the settings app is turned to "Off" and there's nothing inside the Cellular Data Network (i think that's what the option is called).

But the strangest thing happened while i was in Sams Club..

I accidentally pressed Safari and Google loaded up. There is no wi-fi access in the store so im still curious as to how this happened.

When I checked my usage i saw i had a few Kbs sent and recieved and i was paranoid cause my dad strictly doesn't want to get involved with T-mobile again because of something that happened before on this issue.

Anyways today i was in the car and a song was playing so i used Midiomi ( I think now known as Soundhound ) to find out what the hell that song was.. I'm used to it searching forever untill it says it couldnt connect and the search would be saved for later but instead the song came up which made me even more paranoid..

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

I am currently running a iPhone 3Gs MC model 3.1.3 Firmware with a baseband of 5.13.__ <-- whatever that last number is.

I recently migrated to this phone when i realized my 2g would never break on me and i needed to keep up with technology, but then again this NEVER happened on my 2g.

FYI. Sometimes when i load a webpage without wi-fi I'm redirected to that terms and conditions page where it says press "Continue" or something like that, y'all know.. But Im honestly out of options here =/

Thanks for the help, Ceo
    2010-07-07 10:04 PM
    Download SBsettings and use the Data toggle or input a false APN. The false apn will most definitely kill any data capability.
    2010-07-07 10:10 PM
    Alright thanks, so your telling me the iPhone can decide when or when not to kill me with data connections at times when i most certainly dont want them?

Also i just did the thing you said about the fake APN things, i did just that, yet stuff is still loading !
    Last edited by Lord Ceo; 2010-07-08 at 12:37 AM.
    2010-07-07 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD