Was there ever a setting that fully works?
    2010-07-14 02:39 AM
    If you're talking about full tethering and high-res MMS, then no. You have to wait until the carrier bundles are compatible with iOS4
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-07-14 03:36 AM
    how bout the mms?
    2010-07-14 04:00 AM
    If you're talking about full tethering and high-res MMS, then no. You have to wait until the carrier bundles are compatible with iOS4
    SpookyET already has iOS4 bundles out, and although I cannot say I've personally tested them. People seem to already have success with them. Provided you have the patch applied to your commcenter.

I made my own .ipcc package thanks to wortel's instructions, and it works flawless for me, have tethering, and mms working perfectly.

how bout the mms?
    Your settings may vary depending on your current plan, that is why there isn't only one set settings that work, and why some 'fixes' may work for some and not others.

For example, my girlfriend has a a different plan to mine, and my .ipcc bundle did not work for her. She could receive MMS's, but not send. So I had to play around with it until I figured out one that worked fully on hers.

One tip, once you find the bundle/settings that work for you, REMEMBER them. Keep it safe, because this'll repeat itself again once iOS5 comes out. I'm sure.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08
    2010-07-14 09:04 AM
    SpookyET already has iOS4 bundles out, and although I cannot say I've personally tested them. People seem to already have success with them. Provided you have the patch applied to your commcenter.

I made my own .ipcc package thanks to wortel's instructions, and it works flawless for me, have tethering, and mms working perfectly.
    Yea I just saw that he added a link to the bottom of the front page. But I think cydia releases are a bit more stable and don't get deleted with a network settings reset. Hopefully he releases those soon, because those are not yet compatible with iOS4 (according to the front page)
    Last edited by adp; 2010-07-14 at 03:04 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-07-14 02:44 PM
    Even then Spooky or your own settings is really a hit and miss. Seems Tmobile and combination of data plans etc really screw with mms.

I've found for people who have unlimited data, text, voice plans, it's as simple to set up mms as 123 but for people who have tzones, special messaging plans, family etc, things start to get real messy.

Thats when spooky bundles are the best to go but you may have to go through a few before finding the right one.

Your settings may vary depending on your current plan, that is why there isn't only one set settings that work, and why some 'fixes' may work for some and not others.

For example, my girlfriend has a a different plan to mine, and my .ipcc bundle did not work for her. She could receive MMS's, but not send. So I had to play around with it until I figured out one that worked fully on hers.

One tip, once you find the bundle/settings that work for you, REMEMBER them. Keep it safe, because this'll repeat itself again once iOS5 comes out. I'm sure.

Awesome answer!!!!!
    Last edited by Ryfly; 2010-07-14 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-14 03:10 PM
    Yea I just saw that he added a link to the bottom of the front page. But I think cydia releases are a bit more stable and don't get deleted with a network settings reset. Hopefully he releases those soon, because those are not yet compatible with iOS4 (according to the front page)
    I had been following Spooky's thread for awhile since I didn't have tethering at all when fernandorito had posted the MMS fix that was possible through SSH.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Cydia bundles may be off the norm this time around. Personally I would agree with this, Cydia bundles seemed easier. But at the same tiem, since there were so many different kinds of bundles, it was a little confusing. At first, I had NO absolute idea which one to pick since it got real specific.

The .ipcc route feels easier, at least for me, after you've patched the commcenter, and ran the command line to allow test .ipcc's.

You can just shift + restore and look for your .ipcc file and upload those settings much faster than what it would take to look for it on Cydia. Not to mention you can keep it safely stashed for the future which was more so my big fear, since after the update to iOS 4. I kinda forgot which bundle I used. xD

I don't know, it could just be me, but I'm really loving the .ipcc way better, but I can completely understand how a Cydia bundle would be much more user friendly.

Even then Spooky or your own settings is really a hit and miss. Seems Tmobile and combination of data plans etc really screw with mms.

I've found for people who have unlimited data, text, voice plans, it's as simple to set up mms as 123 but for people who have tzones, special messaging plans, family etc, things start to get real messy.

Thats when spooky bundles are the best to go but you may have to go through a few before finding the right one.
    Well said, yep that seems to be the case, seems if you have a really broadened plan, with unlimited 'whatever' it tends to be easier to find something that works for you, than when it gets real specific with something that has a limited amount of text messages and minutes.

I guess I'll find out once I change my plan, .
    Last edited by RaiV3R; 2010-07-15 at 12:22 AM.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08
    2010-07-15 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD