I am planning to get Tmobile plan.

They said that they have an internet plan for $10 and $10/monthly.

They said the $10/month internet fee will work for only
    the following touch phones.

Samsung gravityT, Smiley,Gravity3, Nokia Nuron,LG sentel

The Tmobile rep said that if I get an unlocked Iphone , then
    I have to get the $30/monthly internet plan.

Just wanted to check if someone has a Tmobile $10/monthly internet plan on iphone ?
    2010-08-08 07:32 PM
    it works for so many people if you ask here, but for me it is not working. last night i added 9.99 unlimited web plan from my account at t-mobile website, and i tried to surf the net with safari on my iphone 4. t-mobile webpage came out and say that it is not compatible plan with my phone and asked me to upgrade to $25 plan to make it work. so i canceled it. hope this help.
    2010-08-08 09:53 PM
    works on my 3gs ios4!
    2010-08-08 10:43 PM
    You would have to get the data package $30/month to utilize all the features of the I phone. I tried it with the $10 plan but when I connect to the internet I get a message stating I have to upgrade to the data package. But from reading posts on here people have gotten it to work, so .... good luck to you I hope you get it to work for you.
    Last edited by sgoddard; 2010-08-09 at 01:10 AM.
    2010-08-09 01:01 AM
    Does it work on both 2G and 3G iphones ?

Any particular model where it worked close to 100% ?
    2010-08-09 03:13 AM
    Does it work on both 2G and 3G iphones ?

Any particular model where it worked close to 100% ?
    2g did work perfectly for me untill i upgrade iphone 4. i used t zone with 2g , no problem
    2010-08-09 05:34 AM
    I tried it and i bought $2.99/MB package when i first went online and i did it myself. i called 611 and asked how much MB i used she said i used a lot worth $20 in one day lol. so they gave me $10 per month package unlimited thinking i have a nokia phone. It did not work the next day, i called tech support and they couldnt figure out why it wasnt working and had to admit that i was using an iphone, so he said i neeed to get $30 package and he gave me free 30 day trial. He said they fixed this issue for iphone users and the 5.99 t zones package is really old and they stopped selling it.
    2010-08-09 09:30 AM
    I've been on the $10 for awhile now. Never had an issue. Just make sure you got the right apn.
    2010-08-09 09:37 AM
    I've been on the $10 for awhile now. Never had an issue. Just make sure you got the right apn.
    which one is right apn? epc.tmobile.com ? or something else for tat u using?
    2010-08-09 10:38 AM
    Internet2.voicestream.com
    2010-08-09 05:39 PM
    ten buck plan works for me. i stuck my sim card in a different phone and added it then switched sim back to iphone.
    2010-08-09 10:01 PM
    Here is what you need to do.. Call Tmo and tell them you have an old style phone and would like to add the $10 unlimited web2go plan. Make sure you tell them you have a phone that will only use a data plan like a motorola a630, pebble, ect.. After you have added the data plan you need to change your APN as follows.
    **Make sure you reset these settings before you change the APNS**
    Cellular Data-
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS -
    APN: epc.tmobile.com

This will work on 3g and 3gs. I havent tried it on 4G yet..
    2010-08-10 01:40 AM
    I am planning to get Tmobile plan.

They said that they have an internet plan for $10 and $10/monthly.

They said the $10/month internet fee will work for only
    the following touch phones.

Samsung gravityT, Smiley,Gravity3, Nokia Nuron,LG sentel

The Tmobile rep said that if I get an unlocked Iphone , then
    I have to get the $30/monthly internet plan.

Just wanted to check if someone has a Tmobile $10/monthly internet plan on iphone ?

Absolutely it works
    3 of the techs here use an iPhone 3g(s) with t-mobile's $10 internet plan.
    Just make sure you have the correct settings
    iPhone Repair
    2010-08-10 03:36 AM
    Actually I just got mine to work. After talking to tech support and hearing the same as everyone else, I logged into mytomobile, selected a nokia phone which then gave me PAYG internet an the Web2Go for $10 options. At first the $10 plan did not work so I tried PAYG which I got to work. After that I went back and switched to the $10 plan and it worked using apn internet2,

I am happy
    2010-08-10 05:51 AM
    Actually I just got mine to work. After talking to tech support and hearing the same as everyone else, I logged into mytomobile, selected a nokia phone which then gave me PAYG internet an the Web2Go for $10 options. At first the $10 plan did not work so I tried PAYG which I got to work. After that I went back and switched to the $10 plan and it worked using apn internet2,

I am happy
    yes thats what i did log on to mytmobile.com and switched my phone on there went to the add/remove page scroll down and add plan. plus i still switched my sim card to an old samsung phone for a few hours.
    2010-08-10 06:30 AM
    yes thats what i did log on to mytmobile.com and switched my phone on there went to the add/remove page scroll down and add plan. plus i still switched my sim card to an old samsung phone for a few hours.
    I just tried this method. Either T-Mobile is catching on (perhaps just to me and my unlocked iPhone) or the "Service is currently unavailable..." message is legit. It won't let me select a phone. I just keep getting this "Sorry—we’re not sure which phone you’re using, so we’re not able to display resources. Please select a phone." and the former "unavailable" message.

I could call them, but I don't wanna!! Wah. Boohoo.

Has anyone else been able to accomplish this on the my.t-mobile.com site recently?

I just tried this method. Either T-Mobile is catching on (perhaps just to me and my unlocked iPhone) or the "Service is currently unavailable..." message is legit. It won't let me select a phone. I just keep getting this "Sorry—we’re not sure which phone you’re using, so we’re not able to display resources. Please select a phone." and the former "unavailable" message.

I could call them, but I don't wanna!! Wah. Boohoo.

Has anyone else been able to accomplish this on the my.t-mobile.com site recently?
    UPDATE: I am now able to select a different phone, but when I try to click add Internet & Email I get this message: We’re sorry—due to your account type, you can’t view this information. For assistance, please call Customer Care free of charge (dial 611 from your T-Mobile phone or call 1-877-453-1304).

Should I try to buy a cheap T-Mobile phone, put in my sim, and then add web2go?
    Last edited by mmpnyc; 2010-08-25 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-25 10:10 PM
    which phone u choose? choose sony ericsson phone . u might have to try time to time. that page seem to have alittle problem
    2010-08-26 08:32 AM
    which phone u choose? choose sony ericsson phone . u might have to try time to time. that page seem to have alittle problem
    I just tried switching to a Sony Ericsson and got the same message. I've tried Nokia, Samsung, and Motorola models as well. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
    2010-08-26 04:26 PM
    I have a T-Mobile family plan with 5 phones - the first two are iphone 2G with the $10 Shadow Web Unlimited plan and work fine. The 3rd phone is a 2G iPhone extra line that I pay $5/mo for along with the $10/mo data plan. This had been working fine until my last bill cycle ended in late August. Now it detects that it's an iPhone and redirects to an upsell web site that says I must buy the smartphone data plan. I tried taking the SIM out and putting it back into the T-Mobile Shadow phone and calling T-Mobile. Unfortunately, the web works fine on the Shadow phone so its clear as of August, T-Mobile changed their policy to detect iPhones and deny $10/mo internet access. The odd thing is that my first two iPhones still work fine with the $10/mo plan. I don't want to call T-Mobile to ask them why since the first thing they would tell me is that I can't use my iPhone without a $25-$30 smartphone data plan. The only thing I can theorize is that they are allowing the first 2 lines on the plan to continue to use $10/mo data plan if they are iPhones but they are disallowing access for any add-on lines. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has encountered this? You'd have to have a family plan with at least 3 iPhones on it with the $10/mo data plan.

I personally think T-Mobile is being incredibly stupid by playing these tricks with us. It's ridiculous to expect TM users to pay $30/mo for slow EDGE service when you can get fast 3G service with far better coverage from ATT for $25/mo. iPhone users can't get 3G service on TM networks because they use a different frequency so there's no reason TM should charge the same data rate as their 3G smartphones.

Bottom line is that I'm cancelling the data service from my add-on line since I'm not about to pay $30/mo for it. As for T-Mobile's shrewd business decision, they will now get $0 instead of $10 per month from me for using EDGE network capacity that they have plenty of. If they ever shut $10/mo data access for my other 2 iPhones, then I'm switching to ATT and they will get $0 instead of the $160 they currently get.

If T-Mobile was smart, they'd be doing everything they could to welcome iPhone users to unlock their phones and switch to their network. They could easily pick up a million new subscribers that way. Instead they treat us like outlaws and try to charge us data rates higher than the far superior ATT. What idiots - I give them 1 year max before they either go under or merge with another carrier (probably ATT).
    2010-09-03 05:43 PM
    mm, I'm using the $10 Unlimited Web plan now and I'm lovin' it! This is what I did to activate it:

APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username: guest
    Password: guest

restart the phone. now, turn off wi-fi, then load on a page on safari. some people are done here, but for some people. you'll get a web2go screen saying you'll have to upgrade your plan. after you get that screen, on the top, select home, it'll go to that page, select a web page like CNN, and then it'll load. on edge! then your set!
    2010-09-07 04:23 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.