I have a problem. I have searched threads and though I know this subject is looked at, it has never had the symptoms I do and it has never been answered in a way to fix my problem so... Please, just give me a chance to explain this problem and for he who fixes it, I am DONATING as a kind gesture NOT payment. An functioning and nice iphone 2g.

Dont want it? Fine. That's not the topic.

I have an iphone 4 4.0.1 and I used jailbreak me and ultrasnow. I have mms working through leimobile fix. I just added internet 24 hours ago and spent the last 24 hours trying different apn's, reseting my network settings, popping out my sim card, reinstalling leimobile package, restarting, rebooting, refreshing, everything.

SBsettings shows a data IP address for me. Edge is in the top left corner.

Internet2 and WAP get me one website before telling me safari could not connect to the internet.
    EPC doesn't get me anything.

I switch between these apns, reboot, and get one webpage out of each.

I do not know what else to do. I am going crazy.

PLEASE help.

Private message will be sent to the person who finds a working fix for a request of shipping info so I can send you, voluntarily, a symbol of gratitude.
    2010-08-21 07:25 PM
    Unlockit.co.nz from your browser (need wifi of course). Try putting an APN in that way.

If that didnt work, do you have your SHSHs saved? If so, do a restore.

Oh yeah, make sure your 3G is turned off.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-21 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-21 07:38 PM
    Unlockit.co.nz from your browser (need wifi of course). Try putting an APN in that way.

If that didnt work, do you have your SHSHs saved? If so, do a restore.

Oh yeah, make sure your 3G is turned off.
    What is Unlockit.co.nz?

I would rather NOT have internet than to restore! HEEEELLLLL NO. No time in a day to deal with that mess and I am no where savvy enough to know how to pull up my shsh blobs form umbrella and put them in Itunes or whatever. I don't even know where to start.

Non-restore fix, or I'm just a wifi only phone
    2010-08-21 07:40 PM
    Are you on t-mobile?
    2010-08-21 07:41 PM
    Try using the iPhone MMS fix for iOS4 from sinfuliphonerepo. That works for me. I have nothing for the internet APN and it works fine. Btw what plan do you have?
    2010-08-21 07:43 PM
    did you install the T-mobile carrier bundle from cydia?
    2010-08-21 07:43 PM
    Yes, U.S. With the $30 internet plan

Smartphone unlimited data plan

Carrier bundles doesnt show compatability for iphone 4 4.0.1, besides, doesnt it just install the apn settings and mms settings I already have? MMS is Working

Repo for carrier bundle? I have one package on cydia and it is talking about os 1.x
    Last edited by kayvong8; 2010-08-21 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-21 07:46 PM
    Yup i have everything the same as you. Uninstall the fix you have right now, then go to settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> and then reset settings.

After that add the sinfuliphonerepo and search for T-Mobile iOS4 MMS Fix and then reboot.
    2010-08-21 07:48 PM
    2010-08-21 07:49 PM
    Yup i have everything the same as you. Uninstall the fix you have right now, then go to settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> and then reset settings.

After that add the sinfuliphonerepo and search for T-Mobile iOS4 MMS Fix and then reboot.
    My MMS is working... so why uninstall leimobile, install sinful, they both do the same thing, right? I have already done a network settings reset and reinstall of MMS 4.0 FIX

I don't see how this would make a difference
    2010-08-21 07:52 PM
    My MMS is working... so why uninstall leimobile, install sinful, they both do the same thing, right? I have already done a network settings reset and reinstall of MMS 4.0 FIX

i think mms fix does more than just fix mms. give it a shot. what's the worst that could happen? check your PM's
    2010-08-21 07:54 PM

I have everything the same as you and it works for me. Just try it out and see what happens
    2010-08-21 07:55 PM
    2010-08-21 08:00 PM
    tried unlockit.co.nz Tried Sinful Iphone does the same thing.

Is there a need for carrier bundles or commcenter pathes or something? What is that stuff and what does it do?

I can only go to ONE webpage before it tells me I am not connected to the internet.

I just put in Wap.Voicestream.com And was able to go to twitters homepage, then it disconnected.
    Last edited by kayvong8; 2010-08-21 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-21 08:08 PM
    You have an iphone 4, you need to patch your commcenter. Just installing one of those fixes will not work.

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/72...r-bundles.html
    2010-08-21 08:09 PM
    Thank you k1653d,

will u dumb down the process for me. I am a writer, technologically WeTaRdEd.

I have a MAC and I don't understand this stuff at all.
    Last edited by kayvong8; 2010-08-21 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-21 08:16 PM
    Download iFile, do you know how to SSH?
    2010-08-21 08:24 PM
    use iphone explorer (on your mac) and get "afc2add" from cydia on you iphone.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 2010-08-21 at 08:28 PM.
    2010-08-21 08:26 PM
    whats afc2dd

Yess I know how to ssh into my phone. I have iphoneexplorer though.

I found the long drawn out guide, is there, or will there be, a more automated, userfriendly way to do this?
    2010-08-21 08:32 PM
    Try youtube. If you can get iFile it will be easy
    2010-08-21 08:35 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD