well i have had poor signal at my place for ever....i have been complaining for 10 years and they never fix it so i decided i have 2 choices...change service or fix it myself. well i decided to fix it a way i have read about...i bought one of these kits on fleabay for about $140 shipped

Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics

mounted the antenna outside on a pole pointing at the tower. I used their rg6 wire and later on i landed up replacing it with my own rg6(i am an ex sat installer so i have my own stuff). I pulled a line 76' long and installed the antenna and amp within 2 feet of where i make most of my calls. with the signal app from cydia the reading at this spot fluctuated from 91-101 translating to a crapload of dropped calls and one bar of signal. after installation i just checked and it was 71-80 and is 5 bars if signal. I just installed it and will update the post with any negative results but how worse could it get.

just wanted to let others know if you are going through the same crap i have...in my opinion tmo owes me $140 for fixing this myself but they wont care.
    2010-08-24 08:00 PM
    well, this is stupid question i am going to ask because i am too desperate to know. Are you advertising the item? or really trying to help out people with poor signal inside the house, please be honest. because i am suffering with signal problem. i was thinking of buying zboost yx500 which is around 200.
    Please let me know how it goes with your set up.
    2010-08-25 09:00 AM
    i am not advertising crap...i dont know crap to do that i did see the zboost product but i went with wilson for one reason...i have heard of it before...i know they have been in the antenna biz for years so figured they had their crap together.

So i hope no one thought i was pushing a product cuz i am not...If it had failed i would have reported the failure. I am just surprised how well it worked. I did wake up to a solid red light this morning and got on the phone with tech support to troubleshoot it. they are a bit confused as to why so a senior tech is calling me back but all i did was reset the unit and it is working fine again. i just hope i don't have to reset it daily. They said if it keeps acting up they will replace it so we shall see

i did have to relocate the amp and antenna 3 times yesterday to get enough distance between the inside antenna and the outside antenna. apparently if they are too close they will cause interference with each other. In my case it was a minimum of 20 feet.
    2010-08-25 05:13 PM
    oh thank you. ehh please keep on updating this, i might buy it if it works good for u. how are the quality of device, it looks flimsy in the picture
    2010-08-25 07:24 PM
    Did this 2+ yrs ago after getting my 1st iPhone. (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson reception was fine). The included antena fit perfectly snug inside a 6' length of 1/2" PVC. Used clamps to attach PVC to a roof-top vent and easy access to attic for the cable. Doubles the signal strength. Usually a fair signal thoughout the house.

Downside, sometimes the booster does not boost or it fades out. Overall, a worthwhile product IF your signal is really weak.
    2010-08-25 08:00 PM
    oh thank you. ehh please keep on updating this, i might buy it if it works good for u. how are the quality of device, it looks flimsy in the picture
    i got the unit with the antenna not on the base unit...i think the quality is good. the only problem i found was the original rg6 wire...i gained 10 on the meter with a change of the wire. for being $150ish on fleabay you cannot go wrong.

all day it has been holding up have not had a drop call yet which is a HUGE improvement over what i was dealing with.

Did this 2+ yrs ago after getting my 1st iPhone. (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson reception was fine). The included antena fit perfectly snug inside a 6' length of 1/2" PVC. Used clamps to attach PVC to a roof-top vent and easy access to attic for the cable. Doubles the signal strength. Usually a fair signal thoughout the house.

Downside, sometimes the booster does not boost or it fades out. Overall, a worthwhile product IF your signal is really weak.
    which unit did you install. i know my unit has a limited range but i knew that before buying.
    Last edited by hotairgypsy; 2010-08-26 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-26 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD