im using preferred web $5/month. its very similar to tzones. i had the same service/plan when i had my 3gs before i upgraded to the iphone 4 about a month ago.

everything worked fine. MMS was working smoothly.

Just cant get it working on the iphone 4
    2010-10-19 06:23 PM
    yes.$5/m is t-zone.you should have any problem at all.did you try to get new SIM yet?maybe will fix your problem.try to uninstall any MMS fix from all source and reboot your phone.Do reset your phone.setting>general-->reset---->reset network setting.and setting >genera>network>cellular data network>---->reset setting.go to cydia just install MMS FIX 4.0 from beta.leimobile.com/repo only.reboot after install it.setting your cellular APN epc.tmobile.com
    MMS APN:epc.tmobile.com
    reboot your phone.
    2010-10-19 08:03 PM
    yes. i already got a newer sim. my old one was 7+ years old. the new sim fixed the invalid sim on reboot problem and no edge.

it works on reboot now no problem.

but the mms is still not working..

yes, the only fix i have installed right now is the leimobile one. i installed it after i got the new sim....

i think im out of options...
    2010-10-19 08:29 PM
    can you get a snapshoot and post it for your setting for your cellcular and ander gerneral about.
    2010-10-20 01:16 AM
    here are the screen caps.

2010-10-20 09:39 AM
    you have t-zone do not use internet2.voicestream.com use epc.tmobile.com and change mms proxy to 216.155.165.50:8080.should look this.reset your setting and reinstall mmsfix from leimoble and all you have to do just chande apn :epc.tmobile.com on both place.reboot it shoudt work.

Apn: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:

Mms

Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    /COLOR]
    Last edited by vimm; 2010-10-20 at 08:33 PM.
    2010-10-20 08:21 PM
    holy hell!
    it worked!

for anybody else looking for the answer. here were my steps.

1) uninstalled the leimobile package and reset all network settings.
    2) rebooted
    3) input the settings just as vimm instructed above post.
    4) rebooted
    5) reinstalled leimobile mms fix package
    6) rebooted
    7) tried mms myself- CHECK
    8) tried mms brother- CHECK
    9) tried receiving MMS from brother - CHECK

one caveat was that by switching APN back to epc.tmobile.com my data no longer worked as i got cockblocked with that page that says i need to upgrade my data plan.

however, after confirming that MMS worked. i switched the APN back to internet2.voicestream.com and tried MMS again. holy hell it worked!

now data and MMS working !!!!

VIMM TTTTHHHHHHAAAANNNNNKKKKK YYYYOOOOOUUU!

anything i can do to help you out, dont hesitate. i truely appreciate all the help i have received on this forum...

i was ready to truely give up....
    2010-10-21 12:33 AM
    your $5.99 data plane should work with apc.tmobile.com.
    2010-10-21 01:02 AM
    when i switch it to APN epc.tmobile.com i get the prompt to upgrade to web2go.
    2010-10-21 05:01 AM
    holy hell!
    it worked!

for anybody else looking for the answer. here were my steps.

1) uninstalled the leimobile package and reset all network settings.
    2) rebooted
    3) input the settings just as vimm instructed above post.
    4) rebooted
    5) reinstalled leimobile mms fix package
    6) rebooted
    7) tried mms myself- CHECK
    8) tried mms brother- CHECK
    9) tried receiving MMS from brother - CHECK

one caveat was that by switching APN back to epc.tmobile.com my data no longer worked as i got cockblocked with that page that says i need to upgrade my data plan.

however, after confirming that MMS worked. i switched the APN back to internet2.voicestream.com and tried MMS again. holy hell it worked!

now data and MMS working !!!!

VIMM TTTTHHHHHHAAAANNNNNKKKKK YYYYOOOOOUUU!

anything i can do to help you out, dont hesitate. i truely appreciate all the help i have received on this forum...

i was ready to truely give up....
    this worked for me too im on iphone 4 iOS 4.1 firmware 01.59.00
    i used the tmobile standard bundle n follow this instructions and it worked everyone else do this might work for u as long as u also install the right bundle for ur plan
    2010-10-21 05:52 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy an iphone4 and use it with tmobile?
    so can anyone confirm that i can use iphone4 with tmobile, as well as using tzones ?

I will probably buy the phone from craigslist, is there any specific firmware or version of iphone4 I need to look at ?

Lastly, are there any apps or functions that unable to perform due to unlocked/jailbreaked phone ?

Thanks in advance for the your help.

Paulus
    2010-10-24 09:51 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy an iphone4 and use it with tmobile?
    so can anyone confirm that i can use iphone4 with tmobile, as well as using tzones ?

I will probably buy the phone from craigslist, is there any specific firmware or version of iphone4 I need to look at ?

Lastly, are there any apps or functions that unable to perform due to unlocked/jailbreaked phone ?

Thanks in advance for the your help.

Paulus
    Firmware 4.0.2 or lower
    Everything works with tmobile except 3g network

you have t-zone do not use internet2.voicestream.com use epc.tmobile.com and change mms proxy to 216.155.165.50:8080.should look this.reset your setting and reinstall mmsfix from leimoble and all you have to do just chande apn :epc.tmobile.com on both place.reboot it shoudt work.

Username:
    Password:

Mms

Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    /COLOR]
    This worked for me also... but my problem is that after a few hours data service goes out on its own and comes back when it pleases... So hopefully this worked 100% no data outage lol

EDIT: I still get Data Network failure... UGHHHHHH this is so frustrating... stupid 4.1!!!
    Last edited by jess127; 2010-10-27 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)
    2010-10-27 04:13 PM
    did you try a new sim card? i had the edge drop out problem with my older sim card, but have not had it again after i switched to a newer one. others have posted you may get tmo to give it to you for free.

i got charged 20 bucks.
    2010-10-28 01:50 AM
    did you try a new sim card? i had the edge drop out problem with my older sim card, but have not had it again after i switched to a newer one. others have posted you may get tmo to give it to you for free.

i got charged 20 bucks.
    I didnt have this problem before tho when my phone was on 4.0.1.. It started happening when i upgraded to 4.1
    My sim is new, i got a new one when i got the iphone 4 cause my sim was really old i didnt think it was going to work with it
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)
    2010-10-28 05:09 AM
    if you saved your shsh, go back to 4.0.1

is 4.1 that much of an improvement? im still on 4.0
    2010-10-28 06:30 PM
    if you saved your shsh, go back to 4.0.1

is 4.1 that much of an improvement? im still on 4.0
    it really isn't but I have already put all my stuff in it and i really don't feel like going through the process allll over again LOL....

I guess I'll just wait till there's a fix for the edge on 4.1 ughh
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)
    2010-10-28 08:59 PM
    i dont want to change fw versions now that i have edge/mms/and facetime working...

its so hard to get this crap all working i dont care to upgrade now. it would take something revolutionary to make me want to upgrade fw now.
    2010-10-28 10:20 PM
    i am on 4.1 and i keep getting cellular data problems i would advise to stay on your current firmware, it is not worth the hassle once you upgrade.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button
    2010-10-31 05:45 AM
    i am on 4.1 and i keep getting cellular data problems i would advise to stay on your current firmware, it is not worth the hassle once you upgrade.
    I spoke with my friend who is on 4.0.1 and she is also having edge problems lately, so it is not 4.1 ... The problem is with the carrier or something... That sucks... Hopefully its fixed soon
    2010-10-31 06:49 PM
    I'm on 4.1 and my data works fine under internet2.voicestream.com. Are the issues with the t-zones plan only?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-31 09:41 PM
45 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD