I too have successfully got my facetime working on T-Mobile. I never did get it working on 4.0.1 but I used pwnagetool to preserve my baseband and upgraded to 4.1 and now have it working.

I started by going into settings>phone, in there under "My Number" was my number with a +1 in front. Ex. +1(555)555-5555. From there I turned on the facetime option which now said "waiting for activation" underneath it and prompted up the notification about "international texting rates blah blah". (Make sure u get that notification to come up)

Then I sent myself an sms with a +1 in front of my own number. I rebooted and after going back into settings>phone the facetime option was still on and underneath read "Your number will be shared blah blah." I tested it with the OSX Facetime app and I could both send/receive.

After having it working I did remove the +1 from the "My Number" option by toggling airplane mode on/off to enable editing. (Not necessary but just a personal preference) Also I've heard reports of it taking a while to activate so you may need to wait an hour or two after you reboot. Hope this helps those having problems activating facetime.
    you didn't use mitime?
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)
    2010-10-22 04:28 PM
    you didn't use mitime?
    Nope didn't use MiTime. And last I checked pushfix doesn't have it working for 4.1 unless you already activated with it on 4.0-4.0.2. 4.1 seems to use a different method of activating that MiTime doesn't support yet.

EDIT: And another thing, you need to not use hacktivation when upgrading/restoring. Make sure you activate with a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to. It doesn't even have to be an active sim. Check out THIS for more info.
    Last edited by JRML970; 2010-10-22 at 08:56 PM.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile
    2010-10-22 08:48 PM
    I too have successfully got my facetime working on T-Mobile. I never did get it working on 4.0.1 but I used pwnagetool to preserve my baseband and upgraded to 4.1 and now have it working.

I started by going into settings>phone, in there under "My Number" was my number with a +1 in front. Ex. +1(555)555-5555. From there I turned on the facetime option which now said "waiting for activation" underneath it and prompted up the notification about "international texting rates blah blah". (Make sure u get that notification to come up)

Then I sent myself an sms with a +1 in front of my own number. I rebooted and after going back into settings>phone the facetime option was still on and underneath read "Your number will be shared blah blah." I tested it with the OSX Facetime app and I could both send/receive.

After having it working I did remove the +1 from the "My Number" option by toggling airplane mode on/off to enable editing. (Not necessary but just a personal preference) Also I've heard reports of it taking a while to activate so you may need to wait an hour or two after you reboot. Hope this helps those having problems activating facetime.
    I want to confirm that this has worked for me too; I used PwnageTool to flash but not activate 4.1 on my iPhone 4, used the AT&T SIM card that came with the phone (that does not work) to activate it, unlocked, changed the carrier, then followed the above instructions and it works! Thanks for explaining it for us!
    2010-10-23 04:55 PM
    Hello I'm new to this all. I have a iphone 4 and I'm on 4.02. I don't seem to have facetime on my phone. Please help!!
    2010-10-24 02:08 AM
    t-mobile only charge $0.20 per international call. It's on their website. Also, you can check you t-mobile account.
    2010-10-25 12:10 AM
    my friend has a hactivated iPhone 4 (limera1n) on 4.1 fw. is there anyway to activated FaceTime???
    2010-10-25 04:03 AM
    it doesn't work for me , it says , waiting for activation at ON position. ^.^ i tried several times.

*NOTE* took sometime and it works for me now. awesome.
    Last edited by Chityuulay; 2010-10-26 at 06:15 AM.
    2010-10-25 06:22 AM
    my friend has a hactivated iPhone 4 (limera1n) on 4.1 fw. is there anyway to activated FaceTime???
    anyone know??
    2010-10-26 05:24 AM
    every time i switch on face time, international text message charged comes out several times. annoying i have over 15 msg now, i wonder how much i will get charge..sigh.
    2010-10-26 09:16 AM
    Nope didn't use MiTime. And last I checked pushfix doesn't have it working for 4.1 unless you already activated with it on 4.0-4.0.2. 4.1 seems to use a different method of activating that MiTime doesn't support yet.

EDIT: And another thing, you need to not use hacktivation when upgrading/restoring. Make sure you activate with a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to. It doesn't even have to be an active sim. Check out THIS for more info.
    Yes i activated with the ATT sim the phone came with, I did the activation on 4.0.1 then upgraded to 4.1, it is working perfectly... no int'l text charges at all =]
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)
    2010-10-26 05:09 PM
    every time i switch on face time, international text message charged comes out several times. annoying i have over 15 msg now, i wonder how much i will get charge..sigh.
    You don't get charged getting the message warning, you only get charged for actually using FaceTime. Dial #MSG# on your phone to check the messages.

Yes i activated with the ATT sim the phone came with, I did the activation on 4.0.1 then upgraded to 4.1, it is working perfectly... no int'l text charges at all =]
    I activated my iPhone with a deactive AT&T sim card, had it on 4.0.2 then upgraded into 4.1, and I get charged with using FT on int'l text....what gives?!
    Last edited by iinfamousaznn; 2010-10-26 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-26 09:30 PM
    I activated my iPhone with a deactive AT&T sim card, had it on 4.0.2 then upgraded into 4.1, and I get charged with using FT on int'l text....what gives?!
    I researched to see if anyone had got it without mitime and I couldn't find a source that was sure so I went ahead and activated it using mitime by pushfix. I don't trust doing it on my own, I played it on the safe side.

Edit: I got no international text charges AT ALL so far... And i did use face time twice with connecting with the ipod i had at home... didnt do it to any iphone's yet...
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)
    2010-10-26 10:09 PM
    Guys if somone on tmobile has facetime activated,

is there anyway to get a copy of that persons activation certificate, and upload it into our phones?

or thier Facetime.app file?

just an idea?

I do not get the Notification. all i get is waiting for activation under the on/off switch.

any one have any ideas.
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-27 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button
    2010-10-27 05:43 PM
    Guys if somone on tmobile has facetime activated,

is there anyway to get a copy of that persons activation certificate, and upload it into our phones?

or thier Facetime.app file?

just an idea?

I do not get the Notification. all i get is waiting for activation under the on/off switch.

any one have any ideas.
    as soon as you turn on the switch, reboot the phone. once phone turn back on that when the notification should come out. then OK. then after that make sure ur swtch is on and wait for few hours. aleast that how it worked in mine.

You don't get charged getting the message warning, you only get charged for actually using FaceTime. Dial #MSG# on your phone to check the messages.
    !
    I did apperantly send out many internationl text msg just by turning on face time on and off. but last attempted was i received one back from UK that when my face time activated sucessfully. so i have about 12 internation msg. with 1 received. after that no more internation text msg going out or in. now i don't dare to turn it off.
    And i don't believe i get charge for using face time, i been using a few face time after activate and no charges. it only charges when try to activate, suppose to be one when you switch on ( going out to UK server), and another one is ( UK server response ). but my case i didn't get response because i was doing something wrong. so so many attempt to UK server. a least that how i see it.
    Last edited by Chityuulay; 2010-10-29 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-28 09:06 PM
    you will get charge international Text, i just looked at my bill and it shows text to UK. make sure you call t-mobile and get the unlimited text for $5, It hasn't worked for me so far, i'll keep you posted if it works.
    2010-12-21 04:54 AM
    t-mobile will auto change unlimited text for $5 for international. once u get activate it , doesn't matter howmany time u restore the phone it will stay at activated or just switch back on and it will work just fine. i have no problem with it i have restored 2 times alrady.
    2010-12-25 08:41 AM
    everytime I attempt this and follow each step carefully, I don't get any international notification .. all I get is waiting for activation upon turning the FT switch on
    2010-12-26 10:26 AM
    ^ same here, no matter how many times I reboot, or switch, it never comes up with the message. I remember getting the message once when I first unlocked the phone and tried, but never again...

Edit: Just got it working, never got the intl' message, but be sure your data roaming is turned on
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-12-26 at 03:07 PM.
    2010-12-26 02:38 PM
    what steps did you take ?

would it possibly work if I activated FT with an active AT&T sim ?
    Last edited by christoepurrr; 2010-12-27 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-12-27 06:18 AM
    Same steps everyones mentioned.
    Turn FaceTime on, and restart the phone, be sure data roaming is on, and your on 4.1.
    It didn't work the first time, but after a restart it wasn't on, but when I turned it on it went str8 to "this number will be shared etc."
    2010-12-27 02:54 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD