On Oct. 18, T-Mobile plans to introduce a suite of new prepaid plans that include voice and text messaging service, as well as several options for prepaid data service. These plans include the first prepaid that allows customers to use any combination of minutes or messages up to 1,500 from a major carrier in the U.S. Plans include:

$70/month Unlimited Talk and Text with 2 GB of Data

$50/month Unlimited Talk and Text with 100 MB of Data

$30/month 1,500 Talk and Text (mix and match voice and text messages) with 30 MB of Data

Unlimited Text and $0.10/minute

$1.49/day Web DayPass

No hacks or no proxies. I'm using it as we speak. Sticky?

http://www.tmonews.com/2010/10/t-mob...nd-data-plans/
    Attached Thumbnails Tmobile introduces new Data / Phone prepaid plans [iPhone enabled]-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    2010-10-18 07:02 PM
    not worth the money if you're only able to use EDGE. how the hell can a person download 2GB in a month on EDGE?
    2010-10-18 08:33 PM
    It's not only for the iPhone..I think it's a great deal since there's no contract, I already loved their no-contract even more plus plans but this is even better..too bad AT&T doesn't have something like this, I would love the 3G but I don't want a contract
    2010-10-18 08:40 PM
    a iphone 4 on 3g vs iphone 4 on tmobile right next to each other.. me and my friend an iphone network test.. his on att 3g was 789kb and mine on tombile edge was 634kb.. he switched from att to tmobile the next day
    2010-10-18 08:54 PM
    This not iPhone exclusive but all phones that can use the service. Tmobile also is now running on a 4g network. (just saying) http\tmobile.com
    2010-10-18 09:32 PM
    a iphone 4 on 3g vs iphone 4 on tmobile right next to each other.. me and my friend an iphone network test.. his on att 3g was 789kb and mine on tombile edge was 634kb.. he switched from att to tmobile the next day
    634kb on edge?? U sure? I never get more than 100kb..I didn't even know edge can go that fast
    2010-10-18 11:11 PM
    top left corner (was done with make it mine "to piss of att customers")

take 2 minutes ago.. tmobile 5.99 internet plan iphone 4 on 4.1

this is 2 done after each other to get a average... im in bridgeport ct. where we saposivly just got a 4g tmobile tower

Last edited by void4114; 2010-10-18 at 11:59 PM.
    2010-10-18 11:50 PM
    I don't think that site is very accurate. I used tmobile egde. Look at the outcome.
    2010-10-19 12:55 AM
    Sorry fr 2xpost I forgot to press upload..
    Attached Thumbnails Tmobile introduces new Data / Phone prepaid plans [iPhone enabled]-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    2010-10-19 12:56 AM
    It said 402kb on wifi and 493kb on edge for me..what the heck lol it's not accurate
    Use the speedtest app and see what u get
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-10-19 at 01:22 AM.
    2010-10-19 01:20 AM
    634kb on edge?? U sure? I never get more than 100kb..I didn't even know edge can go that fast
    Serendipitously (if that's even a word), I swapped my gophone sim for the tmobile sim to check the balance, etc. when i talked to the rep, i asked about data as i always do. i was told that i was g'fathered in the $1/day plan but he was really pushing the monthly plans for which i have no interest. finally, he revealed the paygo plans and mentioned the daypass for $1.49/day. WHAT?! I had him hold on while I logged in on the computer (he had a bad accent and did not understand english well enough to explain the details) and sure enough, it was there. HOWEVER, he said that i would not be able to use the daypass with the g'father'd plan. WRONG! I got some error messages when i selected this option, but i checked my balance and the money had been deducted. i killed the wifi on my iPhone 2G and lo and behold it worked.

i have no idea what this means, but the speedtest.net app gives me the following results for two tests:

ping: 580ms,593 ms
    download: 0.07mbps 0.06mbps
    upload: 0.05 mbps, 0.05mbps

I'll take it. I don't really need to use TMo data much since I can get wifi pretty easily and will really only use this in a pinch.

Hopefully its not a fluke and/or they don't close this down.

I'm on the $3/day UL plan with goPhone (they recently dropped to $2/day w/UL talk AND text--basically the $60/mo talk/text plan w/o the monthly commitment--but still with no data) but this will be my option until ATT comes up with a better data plan. $20 for 100MB wasn't cutting it. Heck, I could use that in a week and with TMo it would only cost me $10.43 (7 days X $1.49)

The nicest thing about the daypass is that it's UL and commitment-free!

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a 3G or 3GS? (;

I"m off to eBay and/or craigslist.

my brother paid $180 for a 3G in the spring but i thought that was too high. i paid $50 for my applecare-d 2g, but i got it from a coworker's fiance and then traded it for a refurb. i know that was probably just lucky, but i am admittedly cheap and very patient...
    2010-10-20 07:54 PM
    got a 3g today, but i'm surprised to find that it only gets edge speeds with my tmo ppd sim? what was the point? i guess i'm going to have to pull out that gophone sim...
    2010-11-18 04:02 AM
    The Iphone on T-mobile will only run on Edge, a simple online search could have told you this.. However, I'm curious to ask--

When you got the att go phone sim card, did you have to unlock your iphone or did the phone pick it up right away? Does the prepaid att offer data plans with their plans or is it only calls and web?

I may go that route depending on how long this baseband issue will be resolved..
    2010-11-18 06:33 AM
    Does the $1.49 Web DayPass = unlimited data for a day? I have a 2G on the PayAsYouGo plan. With sidekick (no longer available), I could get mail and Web for a $1 a day.

Does the Web DayPass block SMTP, POP, and other non-HTTP ports?
    2010-11-21 05:40 PM
    I've used the web pass a couple times, the fine print says it's only 30mb if I'm not mistaken. As far as blocking I don't think it blocks anything, I didn't have problem checking my mail, using apps, or surfing the web.
    2010-11-22 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.