User Tag List

what if i just tried limera1n? would that work over my redsn0w to give me an untethered jailbreak?

tried limera1n, it went through the process and got stuck with the apple logo, not sure what to do. i need to be able to have an untethered jailbreak.

i feel like ive tried everything!
    Last edited by tforst; 2011-03-27 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-03-27 04:02 AM
    what if i just tried limera1n? would that work over my redsn0w to give me an untethered jailbreak?

tried limera1n, it went through the process and got stuck with the apple logo, not sure what to do. i need to be able to have an untethered jailbreak.

i feel like ive tried everything!
    Limera1n isn't for 4.2.1
    Did you try the GP rc5 version I gave you a link to?
    Did u try the Restore in the post prior to yours?
    I assume you did not and I understand why but it might be ur only option.

Let us know before u restore.
    2011-03-27 05:09 AM
    Limera1n isn't for 4.2.1
    Did you try the GP rc5 version I gave you a link to?
    Did u try the Restore in the post prior to yours?
    I assume you did not and I understand why but it might be ur only option.

Let us know before u restore.
    the gp rc5 that they linked me to download wouldnt even open on my comp.

im too scared to restore and lose my unlock with my expertise level..
    2011-03-27 05:30 AM

I gotcha. Lemme find another GP rc5 for u....
    2011-03-27 06:04 AM
    if i jailbreak and preserve my baseband thru pwnage tool and restore the phone with the custom firmware willi need an att sim to activate it?
    2011-03-27 06:10 AM

Rc5 try this:
    http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/gp_mac_rc5_b3.zip
    2011-03-27 06:11 AM
    links dead.........do you know anything about my last question about pwnage tool?
    2011-03-27 06:12 AM
    if i jailbreak and preserve my baseband thru pwnage tool and restore the phone with the custom firmware willi need an att sim to activate it?
    U should be able to Hacktivate so u don't need an ATT Sim. I'll be honest though, I have never created a custom IPSW so I don't know for sure. Hactivation will be an option for creating a custom IPSW though
    2011-03-27 06:13 AM
    links dead.........do you know anything about my last question about pwnage tool?
    I just downloaded it to my phone! What's ur email address, I'll try to send it to u!
    2011-03-27 06:14 AM
    the guide im following for pwnage tool claims for unofficial carriers click the option active (for att dont click activate)... is that what you mean by "hacktivation"

email: [email protected]

thanks a lot i really appreciate all this.... i already have pwnage up and ready to click go with the activate clicked so any info on that would be really helpful cause if i have to put an att sim card in im dead til monday.
    2011-03-27 06:19 AM
    the guide im following for pwnage tool claims for unofficial carriers click the option active (for att dont click activate)... is that what you mean by "hacktivation"

email: [email protected]

thanks a lot i really appreciate all this.... i already have pwnage up and ready to click go with the activate clicked so any info on that would be really helpful cause if i have to put an att sim card in im dead til monday.
    Sounds like you're doing it right but hold off till you get the rc5 first. I sent you an email...
    2011-03-27 06:25 AM
    Sounds like you're doing it right but hold off till you get the rc5 first. I sent you an email...
    this website is amazing. i really appreciate all this. ill try rc 5 and let you know in ten mins... thanks
    2011-03-27 06:29 AM
    this website is amazing. i really appreciate all this. ill try rc 5 and let you know in ten mins... thanks
    Sounds good
    2011-03-27 06:37 AM
    nope stuck on the "giving up" screen agian.

im gonna boot it up with redsnow and then try it with pwnage sound right?
    2011-03-27 06:43 AM
    nope stuck on the "giving up" screen agian.

im gonna boot it up with redsnow and then try it with pwnage sound right?
    Rats!
    Let me see if I can create a custom IPSW first before u dive in. I'll write back in a sec
    2011-03-27 06:46 AM
    wow thanks
    2011-03-27 06:48 AM
    Okay tforst, it sounds like you are creating your custom FW correctly. I tried 2 different methods: Simple and Expert

I tried Expert to make sure the Default creation was correct. To use Expert:
    -Open Pwnage
    -Double-click on the iPhone 3G,3GS,4 phone
    -Let pwnage search for your 4.2.1 IPSW that you HAVE to have downloaded
    -After it loads your IPSW, single Click it and then click up top on Expert Mode
    -Hit the Blue arrow on bottom right
    -Double-click General to verify it will Active the phone
    -Hit the Back button next to Blue Arrow on bottom right
    -Click BUILD
    -Hit Blue Arrow again
    -Choose your location to save the custom IPSW

Heres a guide that uses Sn0wbreeze but thats for Windows. Pwnage is the same thing.

How to Preserve Baseband, Jailbreak, Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G on 4.2.1 Using PwnageTool 4.2 / Sn0wbreeze 2.2 [Video] | Redmond Pie
    2011-03-27 07:17 AM
    trying right now... to be continued
    2011-03-27 07:28 AM
    Trying to Restore or create a custom IPSW?
    2011-03-27 07:30 AM
    Trying to Restore or create a custom IPSW?
    the custom ipsw is almost done,will be restoring within 3 mins...
    2011-03-27 07:34 AM
215 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD