Ok so theres this thing called a gevey. Basically it unlocks your iphone 4 to be used for other gsm carriers.

So i bought one from http://applenberry.com/ and finally got it today. Im going to tell you some stuff about it that maybe you would want to know before buying. First of its not an software unlock. Its a hardware. Basically what this means is it doesnt unlock it by downloading something you put in this little chip into a custom sim tray and put your sim card on top of it and insert into your phone and go throught these annoying steps.

So ok you buy your gevey for $40 dollars. Yes it does work. You go through these annoying step and you're done its like a normal phone. WRONG!!! The stupidest part about the gevey is if you turn off your phone you have to go through these processes all over again. Its kind of like an tethered unlock. Btw if you want to know the steps of how to use this thing heres a video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgTRXs4_u9c]YouTube - GEVEY SIM unlock iPhone 4 ios 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.2.1, 4.1[/ame].

So for $40 dollars you're going to get a tethered unlock. I guess its good since its good if you got an at&t iphone and want to unlock it. Plus there isnt any other unlock for any other basebands exept for the first baseband the 01509 or whatever.
    2011-05-14 03:19 AM
    It may not be the best unlock, but at least it has allowed people to use their phones.
    Although it's a pain in the azz, it works pretty decent for $40 bucks and for people that can't afford a factory unlocked phone or sit waiting and hoping the dev team would finally releases a unlock.
    Choices, life's all about choices.
    2011-05-14 03:37 AM
    It may not be the best unlock, but at least it has allowed people to use their phones.
    Although it's a pain in the azz, it works pretty decent for $40 bucks and for people that can't afford a factory unlocked phone or sit waiting and hoping the dev team would finally releases a unlock.
    Choices, life's all about choices.
    True and true. I was just mentioning basically the fact that you have to re-do the steps in order for it to work. I didnt know that when i bought it. Lol. But yeah its better than a non working phone.
    2011-05-14 04:00 AM
    Choices, at least now you have one. It is what it is and it's the best thing around now, so.....................
    2011-05-14 04:08 AM
    It's a PITA for sure, but for those of us on 4.10.1 it's our only choice and quite frankly, I'm glad to have it! My phone is a phone again.
    2011-05-14 10:48 PM
    Is it just the Gevey or Gevey pro that you got? Rumor has it the Gevey Pro is "untethered" but I am not certain
    2011-05-15 02:36 AM
    Mine is the regular sim , tho being a "tethered" sim is not a really big deal for me.
    2011-05-15 03:47 AM
    Is it just the Gevey or Gevey pro that you got? Rumor has it the Gevey Pro is "untethered" but I am not certain
    They don't sell geveys anymore. Only geveys pro and thats what I have. I believe that rumor isnt true.
    2011-05-16 06:44 AM
    They don't sell geveys anymore. Only geveys pro and thats what I have. I believe that rumor isnt true.
    correct, gevey pros are still tethered.
    2011-05-16 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD