I recently purchased a Gevey Ultra and it's not working. I go through the whole process and I get 1 bar. Instead of filling up, it loses that one bar and says "Searching..." and eventually give me "No Service"

I clicked on Carrier and it couldn't even find TMobile, only AT&T, so I'm assuming it's my SIM. (And yes, I followed the instructions correctly multiple times and searched online everywhere)

On some forums, they say by replacing your TMobile SIM Card with a new SIM, it'll work with Gevey. My question is: How old is "old" for your sim to work with Gevey? Mine is relatively new (late 2009)

Thanks!
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

If I helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to click the "Thanks" button!
    2011-06-27 07:33 PM
    If the backside pin connectors look pretty scratched up then I would suggest getting a new one. The reason most people get a new sim to work with gevey is because the pins are brand new and you get a more stable connection IMO.
    2011-06-27 08:25 PM
    If the backside pin connectors look pretty scratched up then I would suggest getting a new one. The reason most people get a new sim to work with gevey is because the pins are brand new and you get a more stable connection IMO.
    Yeah, the back of my SIM has some dark smears or lines running down. It's weird though because my old iPhone2G can still use my microSIM with an adapter just fine. My iPhone4 recognizes the Gevey SIM and my SIM, it just wont unlock. Do you think getting a new SIM replacement would work?

(If my SIM was faulty, don't you think my phone wouldn't recognize the Gevey OR my SIM?)
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

2011-06-27 08:48 PM
    Yeah, the back of my SIM has some dark smears or lines running down. It's weird though because my old iPhone2G can still use my microSIM with an adapter just fine. My iPhone4 recognizes the Gevey SIM and my SIM, it just wont unlock. Do you think getting a new SIM replacement would work?

(If my SIM was faulty, don't you think my phone wouldn't recognize the Gevey OR my SIM?)
    The sim isn't faulty. It just loses connection little by little from wear and tear I assume. My gf had an older tmobile sim as well when I unlocked her ip4 with gevey. Gevey would sense it but would never really pick up the signal. Ended up getting her a new sim and all was well.
    2011-06-27 09:13 PM
    The sim isn't faulty. It just loses connection little by little from wear and tear I assume. My gf had an older tmobile sim as well when I unlocked her ip4 with gevey. Gevey would sense it but would never really pick up the signal. Ended up getting her a new sim and all was well.
    How old was her SIM and how much did it cost to switch to a new SIM? Thanks so much man, this helps a lot!
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

2011-06-27 10:00 PM
    Her sim was around 09 I believe. She only had it for 2 years I think. Probably less. It was the one with the big layout of the pin connectors on the backside. It didn't work with the gevey and so we went to the tmobile store and said she lost her sim and needed a new one and the csr gave us one for free. Even activated it for us. So when we got home I trimmed it down put it in the phone and did the unlock process for gevey and voila! it worked
    2011-06-27 10:09 PM
    Interesting and good to hear! I have a microsim cutter and it cuts a perfect microsim. Do I need to cut/modify the already perfect microsim or a normal microsim size would work?
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

2011-06-27 10:32 PM
    You'll probably have to modify the micro sim but just at the corner. The gevey instructions should show you exactly where to make the cut.
    2011-06-27 10:38 PM
    What should I bring to the TMobile Store? Credentials, info, account number, etc?
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

2011-06-28 05:01 AM
    What should I bring to the TMobile Store? Credentials, info, account number, etc?
    Well if you're the primary account holder then all you have to do is give them your name and number on your account. They can look you up by that and give you a new sim and if they are nice enough they will even activate it for you. If you're on someone elses account then they will still give you the sim but they will tell you to get the primary account holder to activate it for you.
    2011-06-28 05:36 AM
    My SIM is from 2004 and works fine with my fake Gevey Pro. I've never tried the Ultra. You've installed the FuriousMod app?
    Is your phone seeing your SIM card's ICCID (in General -> About)? If so, I don't think there's any connection problems.

I was told by a T-Mobile CSR that the new "UICC SIM" cards are better. She actually put on my account that I can get a new one for free, but I never bothered because mine works fine. That may be the new type of SIM they say works better with Gevey.
    2011-06-28 04:38 PM
    Well from my understanding when using the Gevey sim regardless of which one real or fake its always been hit or miss when it comes to using it on older sims. More people were having better progress with new sims from their carrier than using their older model sims. The new UICC sims from Tmobile do work better as that what was given to us when we went to get a new sim and there weren't any hiccups with the unlock process. The Tmobile rep. told me that they are trying switch all the older sims to the newer one.
    2011-06-28 09:04 PM
    Thanks guys! I'll go get a new SIM today! I called them up, they said it's $19.99 no tax
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

2011-06-28 10:24 PM
    Oh wow, that's kind of pricey. If you tell the CSR you're having connection issues (which you are), they will probably put down on your account for you to get a new SIM for free.

I have read getting a new UICC SIM for free is the default answer they give for anything they can't solve during the support session.
    2011-06-28 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD