I have a iphone 3g jailbroke and unlocked. I have the unlimited loyalty plan with these additional plans:

Detailed Billing $1.99
    Msg Value Bundle 300 $4.99
    Phone First Web $10.00
    Unlimited Loyalty $49.99
    Other charges $1.41
    Taxes & Fees $10.20

Total New Charges $78.58

Ist can I do better? I have the OS 4.0 on the phone. I don't get 3g only edge. Can I get 3g? I don't get my picture in text message since i use the 10.00 plan.

Also Since t-mobile is merging with at & t should i buy the new plan t-mobie is advertising for unlimited text, data and web I believe on tv. Will this give me the 3g?

Thank in advance for any help.

Austin
    2011-07-13 04:13 PM
    I don't know what the current best plan is, but I have the $10 Phone first Web on my ip4 on 4.3.3 and use Bby Scroopy's I4MMS for picture messaging. It works on my wife's 3GS on 4.3.2 as well, so you should be able to get your MMS working if you want it to.
    2011-07-13 07:40 PM
    Prepaid unlimited talk, text, and web for $50
    2011-07-13 11:21 PM
    can you put the link to that area on tmobile. I can't find it under service plan.

are you able to get 3g speed on your iphone?
    2011-07-14 02:08 AM
    You can't get 3G from tmo on iPhones regardless of which plan you have.

Prepaid Cell Phones | No Contract Cell Phone Plans| T-Mobile

I don't believe there is a direct link but the first ad on this page should show the special. Just click shop phones on that ad and it should let you get it.
    2011-07-14 04:06 AM
    The even more plus plan is good to save money. It's where you pay full price for the T-Mobile phones and not the 2 year contract price if you want a phone. But I have an iPhone
    2011-07-16 10:16 AM
    thanks everyone
    2011-07-16 03:51 PM
    You can do better on the data. I pay 599 for unlimited using the T-zones
    2011-07-29 03:27 AM
    Wow. I wasn't aware TMobile still offered this. I read that it was non-existent.
    2011-07-29 04:33 AM
    I wasn't aware of this either. Thought you had to be grandfathered to still have that as of today.
    2011-07-29 04:34 AM
    Well you did but there was a period of time not to long ago where a promo code gave it to you and grandfathered you in. I tried it about about a few weeks ago on a friends and it looks like they closed the hole.
    2011-07-31 05:33 AM
    This feature is no longer available to any general care representatives so your chances of getting a CSR 2 who could add this if you had the right plan and is willing to, about > 1%

The even more plus plan is good to save money. It's where you pay full price for the T-Mobile phones and not the 2 year contract price if you want a phone. But I have an iPhone
    The Even More Plus plans were grandfathered as of 7/24/2011 and tmobile will no longer offer them as a Rate Plan change.

I have a iphone 3g jailbroke and unlocked. I have the unlimited loyalty plan with these additional plans:

Detailed Billing $1.99
    Msg Value Bundle 300 $4.99
    Phone First Web $10.00
    Unlimited Loyalty $49.99
    Other charges $1.41
    Taxes & Fees $10.20

Total New Charges $78.58

Ist can I do better? I have the OS 4.0 on the phone. I don't get 3g only edge. Can I get 3g? I don't get my picture in text message since i use the 10.00 plan.

Also Since t-mobile is merging with at & t should i buy the new plan t-mobie is advertising for unlimited text, data and web I believe on tv. Will this give me the 3g?

Thank in advance for any help.

Austin
    You can, however, get onto one of T-Mobile's new plans for UNL TLK, TXT, and 200 MB of Web (which is really unlimited) for 54.98. It is called the Value Plan from tmobile. The 200 MB of web feature is good because it is unlimited at Edge speeds, which is all you can have anyways. There is no way to get 3G service on T-Mobile network using an Unlocked iPhone.

UNL Talk and Txt - 49.98
    200 MB Web - 5
    Regulatory Fee - 1.41
    Taxes - 10.20

Total: 66.59

This plan does require a 2 year contract, but is cheaper.

Also, get rid of detailed billing; there is no need for it because you can login to T-Mobile.com and view all call records for the past 12 months.
    2011-08-02 07:12 PM
    Do you guys that side of the pond all need unlimited calls or is that all they sell?
    I get 180 of usage at 20p per minute or MMS and 10p per text so could use 900 mins or 1800 texts or any combination up to 180 and I get 3Gb data all for 21.05/month (about $35) on T-Mobile here in the UK and that's plenty for me.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2011-08-03 09:22 AM
    Do you guys that side of the pond all need unlimited calls or is that all they sell?
    I get 180 of usage at 20p per minute or MMS and 10p per text so could use 900 mins or 1800 texts or any combination up to 180 and I get 3Gb data all for 21.05/month (about $35) on T-Mobile here in the UK and that's plenty for me.
    We have something similair to that it is a prepaid plan for 1500 minutes or texts for $30 - but that is a prepaid service and does not come with data. The only plans that T-Mobile USA sells are a 500 min individual plan or a UNL individual plan; as far as txting goes it is added on and is either unlimited txting or no txting; data is an addon at either 200MB, 2GB, 5GB, or 10GB.

On average for the people I have seen with unlimited they use around 1500 minutes and 4000 txt messages per month which is insane to me.

In the UK don't you guys pay for phones outright?
    2011-08-03 05:44 PM
    Most people get their phones discounted on contract - but the choice is horrendous - the more you pay per month the cheaper the phone but finding the best deal is certainly not easy with four major players offering vaguely similar deals and Three offering better deals because most people know they are not as goodand with various offers it is not simple.
    At the end of your contract you can 'upgrade' and depending on how much you pay a month you get a new phone either cheap or free.
    I got a discount off my already discounted tariff so buy my phones outright but I buy off eBay which is where lots of people sell the phones that they get as free upgrades - confused? Most people are!
    To give you an idea check out Buy iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS on T-Mobile and see the range of options.
    Things are very different here - we don't pay for incoming calls or texts but as soon as you go to the rest of Europe costs are horrendous - whereas in the USA your providers have to cover the whole of the USA not just state by state.
    Things are very different and comparisons are even more so. Most iPhone contracts include 500Mb of data - which is a reduction on the 1Gb most UK contracts used to offer and was, apparently, driven by Apple, getting more than 1Gb is difficult, mine is one of the few contracts that gives 3Gb and 5Gb is the most I've seen (apart from Three) but almost everyone can get BroadBand at home of at least 8Mb (I have 100Mb) so people only use phone data when out -like I say, it is very different here.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2011-08-03 11:26 PM
    Wow just looking at those plans they look confusing, mainly because I don't understand the conversion rate from pounds to the american dollar. From looking at those plans I will say they are a lot worse then I thought they were. I was under the impression that the plans that T-Mobile UK had were much better then T-Mobile USA. What funny about those plans and what you say about the way it is over there to me is that if that's how it was in America; people would go ape-****. The fact that you have to pay to talk to customer care (which is what I read) is amazing. I work in the customer care organization in the USA for them and people don't understand. In fact, just recently we changed the automated system to do more stuff and it made it a little harder for people to be able to talk to an agent and people are complaining in groves because they wan't to talk to a real live person.

In the USA we used to do regional plans but people travel to damn much for that anymore.

The fact that you don't have a bigger plan then 3Gb or 5Gb is amazing to me. We have a 10Gb plan we offer, also it used to be unlimited and people would use as much as 150Gb on their mobile with the 4G service. Do you even have 4G over there? People here complain that they can't watch Netflix on their phones all day without using up their data. They would have a rude awakening if they got to choose from those plans apparently.

As you said it is very different over there, but I think I like it, I think...
    2011-08-04 08:27 AM
    Streaming has always been a big No-No in the UK - CDMA was never designed for it and I would imagine people would suffer dropped calls and all sorts of problems if other people were streaming. Paying for customer care is only for people that just buy a SIM to use in theirb existing phone, if you are on an existing contract with them (as I am) you don't pay - but the range of contracts is very confusing and depending on when you got the contract you will get different features.

4G won't reach these shores for a looooong time so you certainly have the jump on us there.

I think there are pros and cons to both and most people prefer what they are used too.
    2011-08-04 01:07 PM
    Thanks for all the help. what does everyone select as the phone when choosing a plan with t-mobile? I had a old razor selected which show unknown device. Also Can this be part of my problem?
    2011-09-03 11:02 PM
    I had the unlimited loyalty too. Had 3 phones unlimited everything...2 iPhones and one blackberry for 200 a month. Just switched to their new plan so I have one bb and one iPhone unlimited all and the other iPhone with 500 minutes and unlimited data texting and wifi calls all for 115. For one person you can get it for 50.
    2011-09-06 06:01 PM
    Thanks for all the help. what does everyone select as the phone when choosing a plan with t-mobile? I had a old razor selected which show unknown device. Also Can this be part of my problem?
    what I mean will tmoibile block me because I have a a old razor phone showing. You can't choose a iphone, so what do everyone put down as their phone? can anyone assist me wih this question?
    2011-09-06 08:13 PM
25 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD