Hello all!

I have an iphone 3gs on the grandfathered $9.99 t-zones plan. I plan to use my phone at the hotel's wifi, but want to make sure I won't get charged.

I'm planning on turning off location services, data roaming, cellular data (including just deleting the APN address and everything), and push notifications. Am I missing anything else?

Will I get charged simply for having my phone on, not making calls or anything?
    Last edited by eirefire22; 2012-07-07 at 11:21 PM.
    2012-07-07 11:17 PM
    Hello all!

I have an iphone 3gs on the grandfathered $9.99 t-zones plan. I plan to use my phone at the hotel's wifi, but want to make sure I won't get charged.

I'm planning on turning off location services, data roaming, cellular data (including just deleting the APN address and everything), and push notifications. Am I missing anything else?

Will I get charged simply for having my phone on, not making calls or anything?
    Just disabling the "Data Roaming" switch in Settings -> General -> Network should do the trick (so long as you don't make or receive any calls or texts) without throwing the rest of your phone out of whack. A more foolproof method would be to remove the SIM card from your phone while in Mexico.
    2012-07-07 11:25 PM
    +1. And like you said, removing the APN info will likely prevent anything from happening at all. When I had T-Mo I couldn't access anything requiring data without the proper APN info.
    2012-07-08 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD