I am having a little bit of a hard time understanding the difference between TMO 4G and LTE and AWS so if anyone cares to explain it really simple language feel free.

Here's the situation. I can get an officially unlocked iPhone4S for $150. It's for a family member who would use it on Tmobile. I have read and read and there is so much info out there.

Here's my questions. What is better 4 or 4S? I am assuming 4S?
    Will it get 4G?
    Will it get LTE?
    Other than inserting my SIM to make sure it works, what should I be looking for?

Anything else I should look for. I've used a 3GS forever and I finally upgraded to a 5. My family member would use the phone a lot on wifi but would also use it on non wifi so I want to make sure he wouldn't be stuck on 3G or worse Edge.

To me $150 is a really good deal but I want to be sure so any help is appreciated.
    2013-12-26 04:42 AM
    4s is the way to go, you can get 4g speed but not LTE (iPhone 5 and 5s will get LTE)
    I would go here to make sure the phone is unlocked and not a blocked/stolen phone also before purchasing.
    2013-12-26 05:28 AM
    Thank you for answering and for the link.
    2014-01-06 05:03 AM
    Thank you.
    2014-02-06 06:40 AM
    The 4G LTE came out on iPhone 5/5s all others are 3G speeds but the older models... GSM ... Models unlocked should work for t mobile my verizon 5s works with t mobile so give a try
    2014-05-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD