User Tag List

ok guys had unlocked iphone evertything works fine on wi fi, now i have the sidekick unlimited plan (19.99) and nothing works i tryed putting wap.voicestream.com and everything you guys have any help? Do i need to switch plans to the dash smart phone or what?
    2007-10-08 07:38 PM
    get the the real 19.99 internet plan
     Think Different
    2007-10-08 07:53 PM
    The Sidekick plan is only for sidekicks because it loops through Danger's servers for data compression, access to your Sidekick account, etc.

Won't work with any other phone. Get the Total Internet plan like az said.
    2007-10-08 08:04 PM
    dude u need to call up tmobile and ask for the total internet plan which is 19.99 a month. then u gotta change the APN settings to :

internet2.voicestream.com

and leave the username and password blank. restart the phone and ALL of the features that require Edge access will work.
    2007-10-08 08:07 PM
    dude u need to call up tmobile and ask for the total internet plan which is 19.99 a month. then u gotta change the APN settings to :

and leave the username and password blank. restart the phone and ALL of the features that require Edge access will work.
    yeap thats all simple
     Think Different
    2007-10-08 08:55 PM

Are Sidekick Users enabled to just "switch" it to the internet plan? or once we are stuck with the SK plan is it set or we may exchange between them?! =D
    2007-10-10 03:21 PM
    Are Sidekick Users enabled to just "switch" it to the internet plan? or once we are stuck with the SK plan is it set or we may exchange between them?! =D
    I am a sidekick owner - now I am an iPhone owner and very happy with it! it works great on T-Mobile - regardless of what everyone is telling you, you do NOT need to pay for the full unlimited data package from T-Mobile...I have the $4.99 or $5.99 watered down version T-Zones and WITH the proxy hack that you can download for your iPhone (or any windows based phone) then you get unlimited FULL internet on your phone :-) All for just $4 or $5.99 (can't remember what the price is lol) I SERIOUSLY love my iPhone, it took my coworker and I about 2 hours to crack it (mainly because I kept getting scared and thinking I was going to end up with a phone I couldn't use lol) but we did it!! And I loves it!!
    2007-10-10 04:36 PM
    well ur right, the proxy hack does work BUT u are limited to what u can do. trust me i've done extensive research on this when i first got my iPHone. i used to have a sidekick 3 for nearly a year and half until i got bored of it and wanted something different. with the proxy hack and t-zones, u can do most of the things on the iPHone except Youtube. with youtube, in order to see any videos, u first have to connect ur phone via Wi-Fi, click on youtube and load the "featured" & "most played". then u would have to disable the Wi-Fi and view the videos thru Edge. but remember, u CANNOT search for videos directly. and i mean if u already had the sidekick plan, why not get the total internet plan, it costs exactly the same.
    ░▒▓█ Working iPhone v2.0.1 with T-Mobile
    ░▒▓█ Call In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ SMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ Voicemail ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ iVolume v1.3 MOD ► Yes
    2007-10-10 05:17 PM
    well ur right, the proxy hack does work BUT u are limited to what u can do. trust me i've done extensive research on this when i first got my iPHone. i used to have a sidekick 3 for nearly a year and half until i got bored of it and wanted something different. with the proxy hack and t-zones, u can do most of the things on the iPHone except Youtube. with youtube, in order to see any videos, u first have to connect ur phone via Wi-Fi, click on youtube and load the "featured" & "most played". then u would have to disable the Wi-Fi and view the videos thru Edge. but remember, u CANNOT search for videos directly. and i mean if u already had the sidekick plan, why not get the total internet plan, it costs exactly the same.
    My Youtube works just fine via the application through EDGE :-) Do a little more research and you'll find the hacks for the YouTube app to work with EDGE :-) If ya can't find it, let me know, I'll send it or post it.
    Last edited by dooey5; 2007-10-10 at 05:36 PM.
    2007-10-10 05:32 PM
    dude my youtube works fine too. but the thing ur not clarifying is the internet plan ur using. if ur using t-zones and ur able to search for vids, now thats something else.
    ░▒▓█ Working iPhone v2.0.1 with T-Mobile
    ░▒▓█ Call In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ SMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ Voicemail ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ iVolume v1.3 MOD ► Yes
    2007-10-10 06:31 PM
    dude my youtube works fine too. but the thing ur not clarifying is the internet plan ur using. if ur using t-zones and ur able to search for vids, now thats something else.
    I am using the T-Zones plan and I am able to search for YouTube videos and they play in the YouTube app. Sorry I wasn't clear on my first post lol
    2007-10-10 09:19 PM
    I am using the T-Zones plan and I am able to search for YouTube videos and they play in the YouTube app. Sorry I wasn't clear on my first post lol
    np =p
    2007-10-11 04:36 AM
    if youre using the sidekick plan youre not going to want to change over to total internet because then youre paying 15 extra for text

get 5.99 plan tzones

myfavs 300 will take your text down to 10 a month
    its only 40 a month

no tmobile doesnt extend your contract to change plans

ran a sidekick two for 3 years before iphone

all is good
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart
    2007-10-11 01:56 PM
    if youre using the sidekick plan youre not going to want to change over to total internet because then youre paying 15 extra for text

get 5.99 plan tzones

myfavs 300 will take your text down to 10 a month
    its only 40 a month

no tmobile doesnt extend your contract to change plans

ran a sidekick two for 3 years before iphone

all is good
    I actually have the $5.99 T-Zones plan and I was able to get the $9.99 Unlimited Text package added on right before it expired :-) I lucked out :-) But, sadly I must say, my YouTube app decided to stop working....no clue why....everything is on the iPhone still works, which makes me super happy, but for some reason, the YouTube App decided it didn't want to function anymore....lol
    2007-10-11 09:05 PM
    Hey buddy,

As for your question, you would have to discontinue your sidekick plan and go with the 19.99 a month. Now what sucks about this is that you would also have to get the plan for text as well. I had to go through it and forgot to get the text plan which hurt me when I got the bill =0). Hope this helps.

GhOsTLiTo
    2007-10-19 01:07 AM
    so i just switched my plan to tzones 5.99 and the girl also had an iphone unlocked she told me which APN it seems to work but it wont load and when it loads completely it will load a error 502 bad request page. at least it doesnt say could not connect to EDGE. im guessing i need the hack? only 1 problem ibrickr 9.1 wont recognize 1.1.1 firmware so i cant access my iphone to put the code in. =/ can anyone help
    2007-11-05 12:50 AM
    My Youtube works just fine via the application through EDGE :-) Do a little more research and you'll find the hacks for the YouTube app to work with EDGE :-) If ya can't find it, let me know, I'll send it or post it.
    Im planing on buying an unlocked Iphone. can i use my sidekick plan on the iphone ?
    & will everything work ?
    2008-06-06 12:41 AM
    if you still have to SK 19.99 try using this hiptop.voicestream.com or hiptop.tmobile.com if it doesnt work after that then definetly change to the totalinternet for 19.99 and use internet2.voicestream.com
    2008-06-08 03:33 AM
    If i switch to the total internet addon 19.99 plan from the sidekick data plan, will I still have unlimited texting? Because that would totally suck if i had to pay more for unlim texts.
    2008-06-10 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD