User Tag List

I have been lurking and have read a lot of information. Now before I go running down to my local Apple store and picking up an iPhone. I just wanted to make sure that the steps I'm planning to take are correct.

1. Purchase phone from store which I assume, should be the newest 1.1.4 version.
    2. Restore to factory settings using iTunes (can this step be skipped since the phone is already at factory settings?)
    3. Run ZiPhone 3.0 - Do it All U/J/A. I was told the ZiPhone 3.0 should have a fix for the YouTube issue correct?
    4. Go purchase a free phone from T-Mobile with a new plan.
    5. From here, I can insert my T-Mobile sim card.
    6. Call in to T-Mobile and add T-Zones.
    7. Run the T-Zones hack.
    8. Everything should work perfectly hopefully!

Thanks for any comments.
    2008-04-01 04:14 PM
    I have been lurking and have read a lot of information. Now before I go running down to my local Apple store and picking up an iPhone. I just wanted to make sure that the steps I'm planning to take are correct.

1. Purchase phone from store which I assume, should be the newest 1.1.4 version.
    2. Restore to factory settings using iTunes (can this step be skipped since the phone is already at factory settings?)
    3. Run ZiPhone 3.0 - Do it All U/J/A. I was told the ZiPhone 3.0 should have a fix for the YouTube issue correct?
    4. Go purchase a free phone from T-Mobile with a new plan.
    5. From here, I can insert my T-Mobile sim card.
    6. Call in to T-Mobile and add T-Zones.
    7. Run the T-Zones hack.
    8. Everything should work perfectly hopefully!

Thanks for any comments.
    1. Yes it should
    2. I did just in case, but you shouldnt have to
    3. I would use iPlus or iLiberty because of the 3.9 Fake BL so that way it doesnt permenenty change ur BL
    4.Sounds good
    5. Yeap, but keep the At&t sim just in case something happens
    6. Yea, and they will tell you it wont work on iPhone tell them to add it anyways
    7. Follow the t-Zones guide so everything works good
    8. The only thing that doesnt work is Visual Voicemail, it just goes to your voicemail when u click it, and wit the T-Zones hack YouTube search and iTunes doesnt work

Hope that helped!
    2008-04-02 01:39 AM
    1. Yes it should
    2. I did just in case, but you shouldnt have to
    3. I would use iPlus or iLiberty because of the 3.9 Fake BL so that way it doesnt permenenty change ur BL
    4.Sounds good
    5. Yeap, but keep the At&t sim just in case something happens
    6. Yea, and they will tell you it wont work on iPhone tell them to add it anyways
    7. Follow the t-Zones guide so everything works good
    8. The only thing that doesnt work is Visual Voicemail, it just goes to your voicemail when u click it, and wit the T-Zones hack YouTube search and iTunes doesnt work

Hope that helped!
    thanks for the response. unfortunately, ive already used the ziphone to do all the stuff. if i restored everything back to factory settings, would that change my BL back if i needed it to?
    2008-04-02 06:54 AM
    As of this time, no.

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button
    2008-04-02 07:06 AM
    Can anyone help me figure out how to get the t zones onto my iphone?
    I bought a new phone yesterday (with 1.1.4) and unlocked it with iliberty and installed all of the payloads (Cydia, Bigboss, etc because I did not know which one i would need to install T zones).
    I already had a t-mobile plan and had added the $5.99 T zone package before I got the iphone.
    I am still confused about how to install t zone hack. Do i do it thru the installer that came with the iphone or Cydia or something else? I have not done anything so far but the initial unlock and the phone works fine. I noticed when going thru the settings it said I had used edge and how many bytes had been transferred, but i do not know if that is over the tzones or if it is from text messaging. Maybe Tzones is already working? I have used the internet when it is picking up the signal from my wireless router at home but have not tried to see if it will connect thru tzones when there is no router signal.

I have a macbook and can only find ibrickstr (or something like that) to install tzones hack but it says it is only for window pc.

Can I install the tzones hack with 1.1.4 firmware or do i have to downgrade and start all over? Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I really do not know what I am doing (obviously) but i did not want to take it somewhere to get it unlocked with software that might do permanent damage.
    2008-04-17 10:31 PM
    first up this site is great. i dont have an iphone, but i do help people i know with them for the modding. and right now im in the same predicament, we ran iLiberty, everything ran fine. calls and texting works flawless. we switched the plan from a sidekick to t-zones. set it up, and not working. we called t-mob's and they said it can take 48hours for the plan to change. if it doesnt work by then, any one have an idea?

thanks

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the t zones onto my iphone?
    I bought a new phone yesterday (with 1.1.4) and unlocked it with iliberty and installed all of the payloads (Cydia, Bigboss, etc because I did not know which one i would need to install T zones).
    I already had a t-mobile plan and had added the $5.99 T zone package before I got the iphone.
    I am still confused about how to install t zone hack. Do i do it thru the installer that came with the iphone or Cydia or something else? I have not done anything so far but the initial unlock and the phone works fine. I noticed when going thru the settings it said I had used edge and how many bytes had been transferred, but i do not know if that is over the tzones or if it is from text messaging. Maybe Tzones is already working? I have used the internet when it is picking up the signal from my wireless router at home but have not tried to see if it will connect thru tzones when there is no router signal.

I have a macbook and can only find ibrickstr (or something like that) to install tzones hack but it says it is only for window pc.

Can I install the tzones hack with 1.1.4 firmware or do i have to downgrade and start all over? Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I really do not know what I am doing (obviously) but i did not want to take it somewhere to get it unlocked with software that might do permanent damage.
    2008-06-27 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD