Hey guys, I recently unlocked/activated/jailbroke my iphone with iLiberty+. Everything went smoothly except i cannot pick up any EDGE. I have an 'E' at the top left of the screen but I cannot access any website. I'm using a T-Mo sim from a Sidekick that has full internet capability. I've tried using an assortment of those codes (wap.voicestream.com, etc) but nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? Suggestions please!
    2008-04-05 08:37 AM
    What firmware are you running?
    2008-04-05 08:40 AM

Does the Sidekick internet not work with it?
    Last edited by ej2zo; 2008-04-05 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-05 09:05 AM
    Since you can't access internet, which means you cant access installer.app, it sounds like you have to restore, and re-jailbreak. But sometimes when i can't pick up edge or service, i restart my iPhone, and that fixes the problem.
    2008-04-05 09:33 AM
    he can still access installer through wifi. do you have edge settings feeded in ? the apn and all?
    2008-04-05 09:47 AM
    he can still access installer through wifi. do you have edge settings feeded in ? the apn and all?
    You're talking about wap.voicestream.com and guest/guest procedure, right? Yeah, I've tried that and its a no go. I've actually tried a bunch of ways doing that (diff APNs, leaving user/pass blank, etc) and nothing. Is there something from installer I need?

I read somewhere that Sidekick Internet does not work with the iPhone...is this true?

Thanks for any help.
    2008-04-05 05:40 PM
    Sidekick internet does NOT work on the iphone. Thats why its not working. You have to change your plan
    2008-04-07 04:11 AM
    frankydabull is correct. sidekick plan does NOT work.

either sign up for tzones and use the tzones hack (and use wap.voicestream.com), or a blackberry plan and use wap.voicestream.com, or the total internet plan, and use internet2.voicestream.com

check the tmobile section for more info
    2008-04-07 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD