Hello,

I've seen some posts on the web with people questioning this, but I didnt see a definitive answer, I hope some one can help point me in the right direction. I bought the Iphone and activated through ATT about 4 months back. At that time I tested by taking out a colleagues blackberry sim card and putting it into the iphone, all was well as i called his number and the iphone rang. Internet worked fine, everything worked except visual voicemail, but ok.

So now I transferred my number into my company for corporate responsibility and was issued a Blackberry pearl. So I tried to put my BB sim into the iphone, but it didnt work, iphone said Sim not recognized, and if i turn off then back on, it says i need to activate through itunes. If i put the original sim(inactive one) back in then I get full functionality except for phone obviously, it just says no service.

I guess i have two questions.

1. Why would it work before no problem but not now?

2. Would any of the available tools such as the unlocking ones like anysim, let me use my BB sim card successfully in the iphone without having to do the activation through itunes?

Thanks again for any help!!

Josh
    2008-04-05 02:10 PM
    bump
    2008-04-08 05:09 PM
    Using pwnage would allow you to bypass the activation on the iPhone and unlock it, allowing you to use any sim card. Most of the tools available do this.
    2008-04-09 03:08 PM
    Thanks a lot. I ended up using ziphone. I manually installed the 1.4 image then ran ziphone and tryed just activating and jailbreaking, but that wasnt enough to allow the sim to run, so I ran the unlock and that did the trick. Strange it used to work with other BB sims and then stopped.
    2008-04-10 03:42 AM
    I can't imagine why a sim wouldn't work unless it was an iDen network such as nextel or boost mobile.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2008-04-10 04:30 AM
    I can't imagine why a sim wouldn't work unless it was an iDen network such as nextel or boost mobile.
    Because it wasn't on an iPhone contract - therefore the iPhone and iTunes rejected it. jrbnc had to unlock his phone and bypass activation to allow him to use it (although if it was on the same network he shouldn't have required to unlock, just activate).
    2008-04-10 11:20 AM
    I had a similiar issue on my iPhone using a BB SIM. It worked fine with the BB SIM the first time I put it in but, after using an O2 SIM while out on a business trip it would no longer recognize the BB SIM again afterwards. I found the issue to be with the original unlock method I had used (the Installer downloaded version of AnySIM for 1.1.2 at that time but, I'm going from memory so I may be off on version #). Regardless, as others have suggested (and from your post) using the PWNageTool method or ZiPhone or most of the newer methods should work for multiple SIMs without further issues. PWNage in my case
    2008-04-10 05:09 PM
    What about going the other way? Can I take an activated sim for the iPhone and put it in a BB and use the BB? I know this sounds strange but I have an application that requires a BB but I'd much rather use an iPhone. I thought that if my iPhone sim would work in the BB, I could use the iPhone most of the time until I need to use the BB and then switch back again.
    2008-05-02 10:25 PM
    What about going the other way? Can I take an activated sim for the iPhone and put it in a BB and use the BB? I know this sounds strange but I have an application that requires a BB but I'd much rather use an iPhone. I thought that if my iPhone sim would work in the BB, I could use the iPhone most of the time until I need to use the BB and then switch back again.

REexplain please.
    2008-05-02 10:40 PM
    REexplain please.
    This thread is discussing using a BB sim in an iPhone.... what I'm asking is... can you use an iPhone sim in a BB...
    2008-05-03 12:19 AM
    I found a very new and different skins available on internet for my blackberry storm , which gives my blackberry an awesome look. This website is really worth to use.

blackberry pearl skins
    2010-08-02 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD