I just wanted to see if anyone was experiencing this issue. I had previously jailbroken and unlocked my iPhone (after restoring to 1.1.4) using ZiPhone. Everything seem to work fine.

Recently (2 days ago), I had to restore my iPhone and this time round I thought I would use iLiberty+ although from what I have read, ZiPhone would have been fine as I have 3.9BL originally.

Anyway, now it seems that when I am using Safari, my login info for various websites (ie, Google homepage, MMi, Facebook, MySpace, etc.) is not "remembered". For example, after logging into Google and selecting the "Remember Me" box, I would have to login again if I wanted to check my email of if I wanted to switch to the iGoogle personalised page from "Classic Home". I was not having this issue when my iPhone was unlocked using ZiPhone. The same goes for MMi website, Facebook, etc.

I don't know if its related to which software I used to unlock but its really annoying now surfing on websites that require you to be logged in as I have to log in everytime I surf to another page.

ADDITION: I also wanted to add that since I've unlocked with iLiberty+, I have been experiencing inconsistent EDGE performance. Often I will get the message "Could Not Activate EDGE" even though my EDGE settings are correct, and the 'E' symbol is visible. Safari won't be able to connect and Goggle Maps doesn't work. The length of time that it will be unable to connect varies. Sometimes it is for a long time and sometimes it is for a longer period.

Ideas anyone?

thanks,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-04-09 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Additional issue
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)
    2008-04-09 01:38 AM
    I am experiencing the same password remembering issue and i used Pwnage to jailbreak and load 1.1.4

does anyone have a fix or explanation?

i searched further and found a fix.

http://www.appledailytimes.com/2008/...-in-installer/

it worked for me, goodluck!
    Last edited by jstn; 2008-04-09 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-09 05:32 AM
    I am experiencing the same password remembering issue and i used Pwnage to jailbreak and load 1.1.4

does anyone have a fix or explanation?

i searched further and found a fix.

http://www.appledailytimes.com/2008/...-in-installer/

it worked for me, goodluck!
    It worked for me too. Thanks. Now if I can only resolve the EDGE issue. I just restored my iPhone again yesterday (used iLiberty+ v1.5.1). We'll see if EDGE is still acting up.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)
    2008-04-09 05:44 PM
    same iliberity problem...worked for me also.

thanks mmi.

a
    2008-05-18 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.