i was given an unlocked iphone with version 1.0.2 firmwear. i put in my t-mobile sim and it worked like a charm for a few days until i powered off the iphone. after turning it back on it tells me to there is an invalid sim and i have to activate. when i put the sim that came with the phone back in, i get past the activation page, but this is an O2 sim card, not AT&T. I do not know what has been done to this phone- it was given to me by someone who found it. All i know is iunlock was installed, but when i try to run that app, it does nothing. an error comes up when i try to install something with installer. i was hoping there is a way around doing a full reset because i don't want to render the O2 sim card useless and have nothing but an activation window. if you have any advice, it's much appreciated!
    2008-04-09 05:22 AM
    Its hard to say when you dont know exactly what the last person did with it. Best bet would be using Ziphone to "virginize" the phone (using the "refurbish" utility) and then you can re-jailbreak/unlock and activate it with Ziphone.
    2008-04-09 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD