Hi there,

I'd like to start off by saying "Nice Forum!" good job with the site! It really rocks. Now I'll get to the point. :P The thing is... I've unlocked, jailbroken, and activated to the latest 1.1.4. I've installed loads of apps, added loads of sites to my home screens, added loads of contacts, and taken loads of photos.

My question is... suppose the new firmware, maybe 1.1.5 comes out, and I use the new ZiPhone (hopefully) to unlock, activate and jailbreak again... Will all my stuff be erased? If yes, what would lose? I don't mind losing my apps or shortcuts; it's the contacts and photos I care about. :S Will I have to reprogram in all of my contacts, add the sites and apps, and try to retake all my photos again?

Please say no. :P

Thanks for your help,
    Tejas
    Last edited by TejasRR; 2008-04-09 at 10:25 PM.
    2008-04-09 10:23 PM
    no. just sync to your comp to save all your music/pics/etc. contacts are stored on the SIM so those wont be erased on a restore.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-09 10:28 PM
    That's just the thing... When I got my new iPhone, I shoved in my SIM and it didn't get the contacts stored in it. :S I had to put them in, one by one. Is there a way I can get them from the SIM? I've tried SIMport to no avail.
    2008-04-09 10:30 PM
    I think you can sync them to your address book.
    2008-04-09 10:33 PM
    But Windows Address Book doesn't store cell phone numbers...

Sorry, on second thought, it does.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by TejasRR; 2008-04-09 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-09 10:41 PM
    Contacts can be sync with Microsoft Outlook using iTunes
    2008-04-09 10:48 PM
    I downloaded ziphone, but when i go to install a program is says 'package download failed' any suggestions??? please and thank you!!
    2008-04-09 11:24 PM
    wrong thread. there are numerous threads on this already. SEARCH
    2008-04-10 12:31 AM
    excuse me, im extremely new here and i didnt know. thanks a lot, ***.
    2008-04-10 01:21 AM
    wether your new or not, proper forum etiquette dictates, no matter what kind of online forum it is, that you don't hijack an unrelated thread to post a question. And I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, just stating a fact. No need for name calling.
    2008-04-10 01:27 AM
    hey folks i am new to all of this and just bought an unlocked iphone and upgraded my t-mobile service to the 19.99 data package but my internet and youtube and maps wont work. when i am connected to wifi everything works except youtube, but when there is no wifi only my phone and text works. i tried both the wap.voicestream.com and internet2.voicestream.com with guest in both the user and passwork and without guest in both but the internet is still not working, even though the E symbol is on the phone. Can anyone help. Thanks. Oohwops
    2008-04-10 01:45 AM
    another one! Post this in the appropriate forum and make sure to say what jailbreaking method you used.
    2008-04-10 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.