I got my brand new iPhone v.1.1.1 today and did following steps to unlock it

1. Restored with v. 1.0.2
    2. With iNdependence 1.2.4 activated and jailbraked it
    3. After that I upgraded it to 1.1.1 with iTunes
    4. Unlocked it with anySIM 1.1

Now I got the "Repair needed - iPhone cannot make or receive calls. www.apple.com/support" message in the springboard. I got no reception, no sound and wifi is disabled. I have tried several times to restore with both firmwares, 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 without any success. Now I dont know what to do. I got also one unpacked iPhone that im little afraid to try to unlock now..What shout i do?
    2007-10-26 02:17 PM
    I got my brand new iPhone v.1.1.1 today and did following steps to unlock it

1. Restored with v. 1.0.2
    2. With iNdependence 1.2.4 activated and jailbraked it
    3. After that I upgraded it to 1.1.1 with iTunes
    4. Unlocked it with anySIM 1.1

Now I got the "Repair needed - iPhone cannot make or receive calls. www.apple.com/support" message in the springboard. I got no reception, no sound and wifi is disabled. I have tried several times to restore with both firmwares, 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 without any success. Now I dont know what to do. I got also one unpacked iPhone that im little afraid to try to unlock now..What shout i do?
    First thing, there's no longer any need to downgrade your iPhone to 1.0.2 in order to get it unlocked/jailbroken. It'll just more problems and hassles at this point.

What errors are you getting when trying to restore the firmware? Something that seems to work without fail is connecting your iPhone to iTunes, holding the Home & Power buttons for precisely 10 seconds, then release the Power button, but keep holding the Home button until iTunes says you need a restore. It should do a complete restore after that.
    2007-10-26 02:26 PM
    Hi!
    Tnx for your answer. I can give you a precise error message that i get when restoring firmware in the iTunes since im doing it now, for 3. time. But you say that there is no need to downgrade a 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 iPhone to get it activated,jailbroken and unlocked. Do you got a link for a guide that shows he steps on doing it in "your" way? Thanks in advance!
    2007-10-26 02:46 PM
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11817

Don't recall the precise wording, but its something like "iTunes has detected your iPhone needs to be restored, click on Restore..." Then you option-click (or Shift-click with Windows) to pull up the dialog box to browse to your 1.1.1 firmware file.
    2007-10-26 02:58 PM
    Hi again. Ok, now i first tried to restore with 1.0.2 firmware (holding option and clicking restore). When finished i got he he 1012 error.

Now i also tried to restore with version 1.1.1, but now i didnt choose any file, iTunes downloaded it automatically. After this installation i get 1011 error and when I click ok i get the message "iTunes has detected your iPhone needs to be restored, click on Restore..."
    2007-10-26 03:06 PM
    Hi again. Ok, now i first tried to restore with 1.0.2 firmware (holding option and clicking restore). When finished i got he he 1012 error.

Now i also tried to restore with version 1.1.1, but now i didnt choose any file, iTunes downloaded it automatically. After this installation i get 1011 error and when I click ok i get the message "iTunes has detected your iPhone needs to be restored, click on Restore..."
    That's ok. Just run Independence to recognize the iPhone and it should be ok after that. I forget the actual steps. As long as you can get to the Activate screen, you can start the guide.
    2007-10-26 03:10 PM
    I did start the iNdependence but it doesnt show the activate screen, but it standing only in recovery mode. I tried to open and close iTunes but it doesnt help.

About the link you pasted me in the previous post, its for windows, do you have any for mac?
    2007-10-26 03:17 PM
    if uve downgraded to 1.0.2 and u get the error sign in itunes.... quit itunes then run app tapp.. then when that finishes use independence
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd
    2007-10-26 03:23 PM
    actually i first downgraded to 1.0.2 and after that i again run restore but with 1.1.1. So i got v. 1.1.1 now. The phone stays only in recovery mode now.

Edit: the thing is not that i cant downgrade to 1.0.2 or get acivation screen. The thing is that after i do a fresh 1.0.2 restore, i still get the same error message when entering activation screen. When i click the "i"-icon at the same screen the IMEI and ICCID is empty ( or 0, not sure ). I heard that i maybe should do a revirginize on it, but i don know how.
    Last edited by n0nick; 2007-10-26 at 03:29 PM.
    2007-10-26 03:26 PM
    I did start the iNdependence but it doesnt show the activate screen, but it standing only in recovery mode. I tried to open and close iTunes but it doesnt help.

About the link you pasted me in the previous post, its for windows, do you have any for mac?
    The Guide (link) works for both Windows and Mac. (I have a Mac) Then steps to jailbreak are all done through the iPhone itself. For anything that denotes iBrickr or Winscp, just use Independence and iFuntastic respectively.

Don't know what to tell you about the recovery mode. I did the 10 second thing, restored, and it went smoothly after that.
    2007-10-26 03:29 PM
    The Guide (link) works for both Windows and Mac. (I have a Mac) Then steps to jailbreak are all done through the iPhone itself.
    When i enter *#307# and Call my phone start to ring, but there is no "ANSWER" button, only CANCEL and CALL.
    2007-10-26 03:32 PM
    When i enter *#307# and Call my phone start to ring, but there is no "ANSWER" button, only CANCEL and CALL.
    That is actually correct...

Cancel the call (it will probably carry on ringing),

then delete the *#307# and dial 0 (zero)

Try my jailbreak here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12025

Read the instructions!!

HTH
    2007-10-26 03:44 PM
    dalep: I have PM you, could you please answer on my question? Thank you
    Last edited by n0nick; 2007-10-26 at 04:37 PM.
    2007-10-26 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD