Alrite
    I've got an unlocked 1.02 iphone by having a licence of iphonesimfree, and when 1.1.1 was released, i decided to wait until it was possible to have it unlocked and apps on it. Now i think the time has come, especially with, wot seems to be a very easily activate and install 3rd party apps method from jailbreakme.com, but im just a bit hesitant at the mo, and id like your re-assurance:
    Can i just upgrade my iphone from just going into itunes and clicking on update, and then use the jailbreakme.com method when its updated, then unlock it using iphonesimfree again?
    If true and it doesnt affect the baseband so i wont have an expensive ipod touch after this, id like to just be re-assured and if wot im askin is correct, i'll upgrade and tell of my results on here
    many thanks.

i'd really appreciate some help on this, im so confued by all of the guides, im not sure if virginizin my iphone makes sense when i used ipsf. I just need some help on this and see if i can just update it now using itunes regularly, then using jailbreakme.com
    Thanks.
    Last edited by DLB08; 2007-10-31 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-31 12:53 AM
    Upgrading is fine using IPSF so they say, e-mail them if you need help.
    2007-10-31 03:45 AM
    I've managed to get it all working 100%, this is how i did it, feel free to have this on a guide as i want other ppl who was in the same boat as me to have help, as there doesnt really seem to be for us IPSF users.

I had an unlocked 1.02 iphone, and all i did was go into itunes and use the upgrade option. after it was done, i used the method on www.hacktheiphone.com
    now the first time i tried this earlier, i did it rite to the end, but it still was on the 'activate iphone' screen.
    it turns out it was because that i had to restore it as well as upgrade it, so i went into independance, clicked 'enter DFU mode' so itunes made sure it would restore and install the firmware again.
    I did this, followed the method again, and it all worked.
    I didnt have to do anythin wiv IPSF as i had my own sim in the entire time too, and straight away when i was on the mainscreen my carrier was shown and i had a text sent to me straight after too, and everythin had worked.
    Hope this helps,
    Gd luck.
    2007-11-01 02:25 AM
    Alrite
    I've got an unlocked 1.02 iphone by having a licence of iphonesimfree, and when 1.1.1 was released, i decided to wait until it was possible to have it unlocked and apps on it. Now i think the time has come, especially with, wot seems to be a very easily activate and install 3rd party apps method from jailbreakme.com, but im just a bit hesitant at the mo, and id like your re-assurance:
    Can i just upgrade my iphone from just going into itunes and clicking on update, and then use the jailbreakme.com method when its updated, then unlock it using iphonesimfree again?
    If true and it doesnt affect the baseband so i wont have an expensive ipod touch after this, id like to just be re-assured and if wot im askin is correct, i'll upgrade and tell of my results on here
    many thanks.

i'd really appreciate some help on this, im so confued by all of the guides, im not sure if virginizin my iphone makes sense when i used ipsf. I just need some help on this and see if i can just update it now using itunes regularly, then using jailbreakme.com
    Thanks.
    i baught my unlock code from iphonesimfree for my 1.0.2 then i decided to upgarde it to 1.1.1 trough itunes coz i read instruction from simfree that if you already unlock your 1.0.2 with theyre 1.5 or 1.6 simfree you can go ahead and upgrade to 1.1.1 and dont have to unlock it again so i did it..it was easy and everything went ok but youtube(always an isue)after upgrading it to 1.1.1 youl get an error on youtube but its very easy to fix we can help you...open winscp user name:root noe that you have 1.1.1 pw:alpine (make sure on you iphone install bsd and ssh before you do this)install yhis 3 files on your lockdown restart your phone ...n walaaaaaaaaaaa! i hope this will help

UPDATES: No longer a need to downgrade to 1.0.2. SimFree 1.7 is specifically tailored to be run on 1.1.1 phones with no need to downgrade. Get a brand new 1.1.1 phone and have it fully up and running in under 10 minutes. We can now also recommend that all our previously unlocked users upgrade to 1.1.1 . Please note that if you have already unlocked your phone once using any previous version of SimFree there is no need to unlock it again.

Unlocking solution for the iPhone in the U.S. and worldwide and we are proud to bring it to you with an exclusive promotional offer. We are the only seller to publish steps so customer can do preparation before buying our service.

Before placing your order please do the following steps:
    Go to our download website http://download.unlockcellular.com/
    username = user
    password = password

iPhone version 1.1.1 version:
    Below is for PC user, for MAC user please read the README.PDF
    Next, look for iPhone folder and

Please follow the simple step by step instructions outlined below to get Simfee 1.7 onto a freshly jailbroken phone.
    0. Please check out our FAQ document before asking questions.
    1. On the Activation Screen, slide ro the Emergency Screen.
    2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and display 1 Calling.
    3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 0.
    4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.
    5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.
    6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.
    7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.
    8. Now AppTapp is on your Home Screen so you can install SimFree v1.7 directly on the phone.
    9. In Sources press Edit, Add, and type in http://tinyurl.com/2qxpe6 . Accept the AppTapp installer message and it will show iPhoneSimFree on your Install list.
    10. After that you must install from the System tab the BSD Subsystem and then SimFree v1.7 from the iPhoneSimFree tab.
    11. You should now Go to the phone Settings application and in General - AutoLock, select Never
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pleyah69bjay; 2007-11-01 at 03:11 AM.
    2007-11-01 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD