Hi,

My Iphone will not turn on. I've pushed the power button, held the power and home button for DFU restore, connected it by USB to my mac, Itunes doesn't recognize it. The phone seems totally bricked. It was originally firmware v1.02, upgraded to v1.13 with Ziphone 2.5, and when I started having constant reboot issues, I did a DFU restore and installed Pwnage 1.1. But it still continued to have white screen flashes and rebooting. Now the phone seems dead. What options do I have? At the very least I'd like to do a factory restore so I can take it to the Apple Store without them seeing that pineapple icon upon startup. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
    Alexander
    2008-04-26 04:07 AM
    my man same here, im about to cry i think mine is in a better condition, i at least see a apple icon and thtas all, my iphone is dead
    2008-04-26 04:12 AM
    my v1.02 iunlock was rock solid. I should have just stuck with that.
    2008-04-26 04:17 AM
    DUDE DUDE my phone just got detected
    i did this
    open your itunes, connect your iphone
    then hold the power and home button together for 20seconds until a pop up for restore comes up

best of luck gogogoggo
    Last edited by fearlessx; 2008-04-26 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-26 04:30 AM
    Tried that. Screen still black. Help!
    2008-04-26 04:37 AM
    i've same problem.... but in my case appers a lot of letters.....
    2008-04-26 05:05 PM
    if ur phone wont turn on, go back to the apple store. if it wont turn on for you, why would it turn on for them. if it wont turn on at all, direct replacement
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-04-27 05:29 AM
    i got similar issues today... for me, it was a File mistake, i used an iPod firmware file to pwn and then got black screen... this is what i did, hope it helps..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/jailbre...ml#post1039991
    2008-05-18 08:14 PM
    Hey , Thanks a lot I did exactly what you said and now my iphone is working again.

I has I black screen and the iphone wouldn't turn on while charging. But did the holding down the button and restored my iphone.

DUDE DUDE my phone just got detected
    i did this
    open your itunes, connect your iphone
    then hold the power and home button together for 20seconds until a pop up for restore comes up

best of luck gogogoggo
    2010-03-17 12:01 AM
    2 year old thread.
    /thread
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2010-03-17 12:09 AM
    My ipad 16GB wifi is dead, completely dead. I donít know what happened, it was sitting on the shelf and didnīt turn on one day. Tried everything (from pressing buttons to slamming it on my knee). Nothing has worked so far. Skeptical about replacing battery because nothing happens when connected to AC via USB. As I said, itís completely dead. Black screen. Itís a shame, because I think itís less than a year old but canít prove it. Any ideas before putting it in the garbage. Thanks.
    2010-07-21 04:11 PM
    My ipad 16GB wifi is dead, completely dead. I donít know what happened, it was sitting on the shelf and didnīt turn on one day. Tried everything (from pressing buttons to slamming it on my knee). Nothing has worked so far. Skeptical about replacing battery because nothing happens when connected to AC via USB. As I said, itís completely dead. Black screen. Itís a shame, because I think itís less than a year old but canít prove it. Any ideas before putting it in the garbage. Thanks.
    What do you mean you can't prove it's less then a year old?? Didn't the iPad come out in April?? Common sense should be used in your case!!
    2010-07-21 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD