User Tag List

Ok my phone been kinda weird on me lately everytime i reboot or i turn off my iphone and power it back up it always goes into recovery mode. I usually solve the problem by using iliberty's "jump out of recovery mode" option. Well now that my pc is down and had to use another pc to restart my phone. Well i plug my usb adapter into my bros pc for the 1st time it only recognizes the apple mobile device in recovery mode. So i can't get it to run iliberty or itunes. Is it because its in recovery mode and is there a way to solve this.

Specs

iphone fw 1.1.2
    pc os win xp sp1

OMG why didn't i notice this before it all came down to the driver. Yeah its back up and running now
    wish it didn't take me a whole day to figure it out. If anyone has the same problem or might stumble on to this problem in the future this page might be of help it http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=42102
    Last edited by Chinpokimon; 2008-04-27 at 03:07 AM.
    2008-04-26 08:44 PM
    I had the same problem. No matter how I shut the phone down it would always restart into recovery mode. I can't believe it but I think I solved this problem. I have been using iLiberty to jailbreak and to kick my iphone out of recovery mode every time it happened. Well I was playing with it and decided to try iBrickr. And guess what it worked! It's not supposed to work on 1.1.4 but I plugged in the phone started iBrickr it then told me that the iPhone was in recovery mode and was rebooting it. A minute latter and all of the problems are gone! I can now shut it down in any way and it still boots up just fine. (hard reboot, regular shut down, sysinfo reboot) If this works don't forget to thank me!
    2008-06-19 09:15 PM
    I had the same problem. No matter how I shut the phone down it would always restart into recovery mode. I can't believe it but I think I solved this problem. I have been using iLiberty to jailbreak and to kick my iphone out of recovery mode every time it happened. Well I was playing with it and decided to try iBrickr. And guess what it worked! It's not supposed to work on 1.1.4 but I plugged in the phone started iBrickr it then told me that the iPhone was in recovery mode and was rebooting it. A minute latter and all of the problems are gone! I can now shut it down in any way and it still boots up just fine. (hard reboot, regular shut down, sysinfo reboot) If this works don't forget to thank me!
    Thank you. That was easy and worked just fine for the 1.1.4.
    The Recovery Mode after switching the phone off was really anoying.
    2008-07-05 02:32 PM
    I had the same issue with a jailbroken 1.1.4 iPhone - every power cycle (or crash from a misbehaving application) caused the iPhone to come up in recovery mode. Even using the BSD 'reboot' command resulted in coming back in recovery mode. The iBrickr trick worked. I used version 0.91. When iBricker came up, I used the "Boot the phone" option. Since then all has been well.

Thanks for the info!
    Attached Thumbnails Recovery Mode stuck-ibrickr-start-screen.png  
    2008-07-27 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD