Hi Guys

I have a 1.1.4otb phone which I attempted to unlock using Ziphone. The unlock appears to work fine. I am on the vodafone network in the UK and and the carrier signal shows up just fine on the phone. In addition I can surf the web using edge and send and receive text messages. The problem is I cannot make or receive calls. Whenever I try and make a call it come up with called ended and then call failed. When I try and call my phone from my blackberry it comes up with the message "authorization failed". The only call that works is if I dial the emergency 112 number!

I called vodafone and that that said is no block on my phone.

Any idea what may be causing this and how can I fix it. I have tried downgrading to 1.1.1. and 1.1.2. and 1.1.3 then upgrading again, downgrading the baseband, changing the bootloader to 3.9 - nothing seems to work! I have also tried some of the simple fixes people have suggested like checking to see that my caller ID was on and that my location was set to London.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would be extremely appreciative.
    2008-05-01 12:13 AM
    Try settings, general, reset, reset all settings.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2008-05-01 12:56 AM
    Tried that too. No luck
    2008-05-01 08:19 AM
    Tried that too. No luck
    Try Restoring back to 1.1.4 in itunes. After the restore, setup the iphone as NEW. Then use your favorite jailbreak software. Personally, I prefer pwnage if you have a Mac, or iliberty on windows.
    2008-05-02 04:21 AM
    Try Restoring back to 1.1.4 in itunes. After the restore, setup the iphone as NEW. Then use your favorite jailbreak software. Personally, I prefer pwnage if you have a Mac, or iliberty on windows.
    No luck either. Look like this is just one phone that cant be unlocked
    2008-05-02 08:01 PM
    No luck either. Look like this is just one phone that cant be unlocked
    NO,thats impossible,which carrier do you use?
    2008-05-02 08:57 PM
    NO,thats impossible,which carrier do you use?
    I'm on Vodafone in the UK.
    2008-05-03 10:12 PM
    *bump* sorry to bump but desperate for help here
    2008-05-07 12:22 AM
    First time when I tried to use ZiPhone it didn't work, the next time it worked. Try restarting the process.
    2008-05-07 01:21 AM
    First time when I tried to use ZiPhone it didn't work, the next time it worked. Try restarting the process.
    I must have attempting to unlock it at least 15 times using different methods. All appear to work until I attempt to make a call and then get the dreaded "call failed" message. Like I said I am able to call the emergency number which makes me think it must be some kind of network issue?
    2008-05-07 11:26 AM
    Try this:

Go to Installer > Tweaks 1.1.4 > then install AppSupport Patch and Region Patch. Restart!

Also make sure that the SIM CARD is ok and placed on correctly!
    2008-05-09 12:52 PM
    You seem to be having the same problem as me. I unlocked my O2 phone with Ziphone, I am on vodafone UK and it worked for about 24 hours but then I lost all service, I have done sytem restarts restores, everything that I have found possible from searching the web. I can send and receive text messages, and I have vodafone in the corner but can not make or receive calls, every thing else on the phone works fine. I have now installed the tweaks as recommended in 1.4 but still nothing. Surly someone out there know what I am doing wrong... HELP
    2008-05-09 08:45 PM
    is the network the same? as in tri-band? it would explain why edge and texting is working, but the calling generally works on a different band correct?
    2008-05-09 09:18 PM
    Same here at my country network. Just turn ON function "Show Caller ID" at Call Settings.
    2008-05-11 07:48 AM
    Turn SHOW MY CALLER ID-ON,should help.......))
    2008-05-11 10:02 AM
    i have the same problem, but nothing fixes it.tried so many things......
    2008-07-11 11:13 PM
    I believe the problem your having is with your SIM card since it's saying something like, "Authorization Failed." I've had this error before, it means your SIM has been blocked or deactivated from the network. That means that it IS blocking your service and your card from connection..

I have no idea how that happened though.. But I know for certain that if the SIM displays certain error messages like that when you put them into different phones like a Nokia (Nokia's show "SIM Registration Failed"). Then you know that the SIM card is the problem and was somehow deactivated / blocked. This doesn't necessarily have to do anything with the phone's IMEI, just the card's number and etc.

Solution: Demand for the SIM card to be replaced and all should be a go..
    "Money is only unimportant if you have it."
    2008-07-12 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD