I had successfully unlocked my 1.0.2 and after deciding to virginize and upgrade to 1.1.1 I've run into trouble. I was able to follow the virginizing steps in OSX but jailbreaking was unsuccessful (I was using iTunes 7.5). I also tried downgrading to iTunes 7.4 and jailbreaking but that also did not work and now the iPhone can't be put in restore mode.

If I try turning it on it shows the Apple logo and then turns off after a few seconds, sometimes the LCD will fade out and sometimes it shuts off abruptly. Because of this I can't get it into recovery mode because it turns off before I can hold the home and sleep button long enough. At first I thought it was the battery because it was fairly low at the time but even after trying to charge it via the AC adapter and USB it still does the same thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    2007-11-10 08:44 PM

sorry, couldn't resist having been in the wtf mode myself.

safe to assume you tried holding the home and sleep buttons for 30 secs.?
    Last edited by mobilexile; 2007-11-10 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-10 08:53 PM

sorry, couldn't resist having been in the wtf mode myself.

safe to assume you tried holding the home and sleep buttons for 30 secs.?
    Yeah, actually after holding the home and sleep button I was able to get it into recovery mode. But after restoring to 1.0.2 (option + restore) I get stuck in the same loop/shutdown (a.k.a wtf mode).

No idea what to do now.
    2007-11-10 08:57 PM
    crap, haven't heard of that before.
    2007-11-10 09:29 PM
    Same thing has happened to me. Phone repeatedly tries to restart and then crashes, restarts and crashes... Think it is due to the iTunes 7.5 upgrade which I stupidly installed after revirginizing, but before re-unlocking. Any suggestions?
    2007-11-11 02:08 AM
    Managed to fix it:

Option + Restore to 1.1.1 fixed it. Used jailbreakme.com and ANYSIM and it works great!
    2007-11-12 02:32 AM
    I had successfully unlocked my 1.0.2 and after deciding to virginize and upgrade to 1.1.1 I've run into trouble. I was able to follow the virginizing steps in OSX but jailbreaking was unsuccessful (I was using iTunes 7.5). I also tried downgrading to iTunes 7.4 and jailbreaking but that also did not work and now the iPhone can't be put in restore mode.

If I try turning it on it shows the Apple logo and then turns off after a few seconds, sometimes the LCD will fade out and sometimes it shuts off abruptly. Because of this I can't get it into recovery mode because it turns off before I can hold the home and sleep button long enough. At first I thought it was the battery because it was fairly low at the time but even after trying to charge it via the AC adapter and USB it still does the same thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    same thing happend to me.i read this somewhere and try it. i stuck my phone in the microwave for 3 sec fry the sh*t out of and took it back to the store. got a new 1.got lucky.let the moding beging
    2007-11-12 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD