Okay, so here's a (possibly) stupid one for you guys/gals.

So, basically out of impatience, I bought my iphone a few months before AT&T was available in my area. (They're in the process of buying out a local carrier, will be done by the end of the year, blah blah blah) Well, then out of even more stupid impatience, I jailbroke it. I just couldn't stand to only see that "Slide to Activate" screen for that long, you know? : )

So my issue is, I never used anySim or any of those. It's never been activated on another network. It's essentially an ipod touch at the moment. Never upgraded any firmware or anything. BUT in a couple of months here, I want to be able to activate it on AT&T the good old fashioned iTunes way. So what I'm wondering is (long question short);

Does re-virginizing actually take me back to the original OTB "Slide to Activate" screen? And if not, is there anyway for me to get there?

Probably a stupid question, but thanks in advance for any advice you've got! I'd hate to think that my only solution will be to totally unlock it just to use it on AT&T anyway.

Thanks!
    2007-11-12 02:56 AM
    I would say just restore the phone to 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 and it will come back to the main activation screen
     Think Different
    2007-11-12 03:43 AM
    Just plug it into iTunes and hit restore, none of that messy virginizing needed
    2007-11-12 03:44 AM
    Will it matter what version of iTunes I use? I just upgraded to 7.5 (with Leopard) but I can certainly downgrade if need be.

You guys just made my night. Haha.
    2007-11-12 04:22 AM
    Will it matter what version of iTunes I use? I just upgraded to 7.5 (with Leopard) but I can certainly downgrade if need be.

You guys just made my night. Haha.
    nope u can use any itunes version from wat I known of
     Think Different
    2007-11-12 05:08 AM
    Update: Restored via iTunes and I'm looking at a pretty little picture of the earth and an "Activate iPhone". You guys were a great help.

Barring any sim card nastiness, I think I'm all set. Thanks a ton!!!
    2007-11-12 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD