- Run winscp, put necessary info (ip address, usr/pwd, let it on SFTP in the protocol) and click connect
    - Now go to /usr/libexec/ and make a backup of lockdownd on your pc(we NEVER know)
    - Unzip the patched lockdownd and put in /usr/libexec/
    - Click on "more", set permissions 0755 (so check all Xs, you'll figure it out)
    - Click ok, and overwrite the existing lockdownd
    - Reboot your phone.

What is the ip address and the user name and password. i am stuck at dat point with WINScp
    2007-11-17 01:00 AM
    ip address is the one assigned to your phone (check it by going to your wifi settings), user name is root and password is dottie (assuming you've never changed the ssh password).
    2007-11-17 01:19 AM
    This was great. Would love to just add one thing:

For Mac users, when you get to the step where you're supposed to open 'windows.bat', just click on the 'jailbreak.jar' file instead. That will open with Java and do the same thing.

One odd thing that I experienced was that I didn't have to do the 'Activation 1.1.2' step. It just rebooted (and rebooted itself a second time, like the above says) and my familiar wallpaper and wireless company name appeared and I was able to make a call and check my email and install stuff through 'Installer.app'. Awesome! Can't wait to check out the changes and see what's new.

One new thing already? I got a text sms message when I had a voicemail. That's new.
    2007-11-17 03:35 AM
    Great guide :-) Making it a Sticky...
    2007-11-17 05:00 AM
    My phone hangs a lot of time...and uictl crash on start.

What can i do?
    2007-11-17 05:36 PM
    hi

A good news there is no need to use anykind of lockdown patched file.Just upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and then back to 1.0.2 unlock it with any sim 1.2 u and upgrade it to 1.1.1 install oktoprep at this stage only jailbreak no sim unlock and then upgrade to 1.1.2 after upgrading use jailbreak 1.1.2 and reboot everything is up and running no need to use again anysim or any other tools hope to understand a easy way to upgrade and unlocked iphone with firmware 1.1.2

regards
    2007-11-17 08:55 PM
    I can confirm! My T-Mobile USA is working fine
    What did you use to unlock it to t-mobile again.
    Ipsf? Where can I find?

I tried with anySim and doesn't work.

tnks
    2007-11-18 11:33 AM
    How can I uninstall the openssh that came with the jailbreak?
    2007-11-18 01:44 PM
    Carrier settings *optional* [/B] (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
    - Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
    - Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
    - Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
    e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402
    - Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
    - Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
    - Open putty and connect to your phone
    - Type bash at the prompt
    - Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    - Type ln -s NUMBER YOURCARRIER.plist
    e.g ln -s 33402 Telcel.plist
    - Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
    - Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
    - You should be set, no reboot needed

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing (duh... ) )
    [INDENT]- Check here for your ISO code and ITU phone code
    e.g Mexico: ISO code = mx, ITU = 52
    - Open AppSupport in UltraEdit
    - Press Ctrl+G and enter 0xA0AC
    - On the right end of the string replace mx with your ISO code
    - On the next line, replace 52 with your ITU phone code
    - Save the changes
    - Winscp into your phone and browse to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
    - Overwrite the existing AppSupport (make sure that permissions = 0755, read previous steps if you don't understand)
    - Reboot your phone and you're set!
    This Guide worked perfectly for me and im currently in the dominican republic using Orange_DO.... the only thing that I think is not needed anymore is the part of switching the sim cards, you could put the files in /bin and run the commands but the switching the sim card part is not needed Ive tried it in like 5 phones and they are operational...

D
    2007-11-18 04:46 PM
    Thank you so much!! Works great here for Vodafone NZ! Just got my first Voice Mail Notification text

One thing I had to change was the command to create the symlink for the plist file. If I ran what was specified in the guide e.g.:
    "ln -s 53001 Vodafone_NZ.plist"
    this simply returned the following error message: "ln: Vodafone_NZ.plist: File exists"
    What I did instead was to run:
    "ln -s Vodafone_NZ.plist 53001"

This created the symlink correctly (I could see in Cyberduck (Mac FTP client) there was a new entry "53001" with an arrow icon like the other symlinks in that directory). Only thing I did different was to go in via ssh through the Terminal on my Mac instead of using putty on the PC.

Also, I didn't use a hex editor to modify my AppSupport file. I actually used "pntedit" instead. A lot easier than using a hex editor and also gives you full control over phone number formats etc that can be parsed or recognised by AppSupport. The simple solution here doesn't provide this. See here for more info - highly recommend!: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...279#post120279
    (NB: Make sure you read the posts from that page on as there is a newer version further on). Basically it reads the number table from the AppSupport file into a text file which you then edit and have pntedit write back to AppSupport for you. Very cool The author has also written a basic iPhone app that lets you run tests against AppSupport for various numbers in your contact list. I'm about to download that and give it a try.

Anyway - it's working great, recognising numbers, no MobilePhone.app or MobileSMS.app crashes.

If anyone wants the .plist or patched AppSupport file for Vodafone NZ (New Zealand) then PM me. More than happy to supply.

EDIT: Read this to find out why using pntedit is better than using a hex editor: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...999#post122999
    Last edited by piksel; 2007-11-19 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Additional info.
    2007-11-19 08:55 AM
    hi

did everything according to your guide and everything working fine with 1.1.2 but I can`t make phone calls if I press any number it throws me out.

regards

need help any one can let me know after upgrading downgrading upgrading activation no phone calls possible.

regads
    Last edited by vipykat; 2007-11-19 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-19 12:48 PM
    hello,
    i used the mentioned way to update my fone, works great and now i'm on 1.1.2 - thank you!
    had also the problem with crashing sms and phone application, fixed with this documentation, but i can't manage to understand this part:

Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )

- Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
    - Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
    - Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)

e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402

- Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
    - Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
    - Open putty and connect to your phone
    - Type bash at the prompt
    - Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    - Type ln -s NUMBER YOURCARRIER.plist

e.g ln -s 33402 Telcel.plist
    my providercode for mcc is: 232
    and his MNC is:01

i've changed the telcel.plist on supported sim section - is this the only change for this file?

which name shall i use for telcel.plist? my provider is Mobilkom Austria / A1

thank you all in advance

svrroot
    2007-11-19 03:22 PM
    thanx a ton phone works like a charm...but i have i new problen all the old softwares installed while on 1.1.1 show in ibricker applications tab but don't show on iphone
    I don't have much experience with iBrickr, hmm I'd think if you updated to 1.1.2 then the apps should be gone. (Sad reality.. ) So IF you reinstalled them and that's happening, then I think it might be something about adding the entries to Springboard. But my idea on the thing is everything's gone, but there's still some kind of "intall log" ibrickr kept in your /var/root/ somewhere. If you find it then you could just delete it and you should be fine. Hope this helps. ^^

All this worked perfectly. I did not need to change the lockdown file, I think the new jailbreak software already does this. I'm on TMobile in the US. Although some apps are a little screwy, namely the ssh app cannot be uninstalled since it doesn't appear in the installer.app list of installed apps. Also, customize.app just quits to the homepage when launched and services.app thinks ssh is turned off when it's actually on. If anyone has ideas on how to fix these that would be great.
    Thanks a lot for the guide!
    About the ssh issue, see it this way, it's like a "double-edged sword"(yea?) the good thing is you can just change your password, switch it on/off but annoying in the sense, can't be uninstalled, clutters up my neat home screen I'm actually researching on adding it to installer.app log so it can be removed. I'll let you guys know if I succeed in doing that. Yea, I noticed development slowed down lately, the reason? most people don't care about 1.1.2.

My phone hangs a lot of time...and uictl crash on start.

What can i do?
    Firmware? What you did? Give more details or quick fix is just restore the phone

my providercode for mcc is: 232
    and his MNC is:01

i've changed the telcel.plist on supported sim section - is this the only change for this file?

which name shall i use for telcel.plist? my provider is Mobilkom Austria / A1

thank you all in advance

svrroot
    It could be anything it doesn't really matter. You could just name it mobilkom.plist given that you modify the command for the symlink after
    e.g ln -s 23201 mobilkom.plist
    Last edited by callx; 2007-11-19 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-19 07:45 PM
    does this work for phones bought with 1.1.2 already installed?
    2007-11-19 07:46 PM
    does this work for phones bought with 1.1.2 already installed?
    If you don't need sim unlocking then you could downgrade and upgrade to get installer.app
    2007-11-19 08:20 PM
    i dude i have a 1.1.2, already dowload to version 1.1.1 did everything, already jailbroke1.1.2
    till this point

i don't know if u could help me out here...

What do I put for the host name, username and password in filezila
    user:root
    password: alpine
    port:22

that's what i do but it dosen't connect...

any help will be apreciated

by the way im new at this
    2007-11-19 09:56 PM
    i dude i have a 1.1.2, already dowload to version 1.1.1 did everything, already jailbroke1.1.2
    till this point

i don't know if u could help me out here...

What do I put for the host name, username and password in filezila
    user:root
    password: alpine
    port:22

that's what i do but it dosen't connect...

any help will be apreciated

by the way im new at this
    hostname should be the ip address of your iphone. Check in Settings>Wifi> Press the arrow next to your connection, you'll see some something like 192.168.0.0. This is your hostname
    2007-11-19 10:27 PM
    nice guide callx.
    I'm just wondering! If im already running v1.1.1 unlocked with a previous Anysim v1.1 not the latest one v1.2u. Do I have to reviriginze then unlock it with the latest Anysim?
    2007-11-20 04:56 AM
    Annoyed of that ssh icon staring at you? Cluttering your nice home screen? Want to get rid of this modified version of openssh but installer.app doesn't detect it? Well, here's a quick fix for you guys who want to uninstall it..

ssh_entry.txt

Assuming that you guys have Installer.app installed:
    1. Open ssh_entry.txt and copy the whole thing (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C)
    2. Winscp to your phone
    3. Browse to /private/var/root/Library/Installer/
    4. Right-click on LocalPackages.plist and click Edit
    5. Go to the very end of the file and paste (Ctrl+V) the code between </dict> and </array>
    6. Double check that everything looks right!

You should now be able to uninstall ssh from Installer.app

nice guide callx.
    I'm just wondering! If im already running v1.1.1 unlocked with a previous Anysim v1.1 not the latest one v1.2u. Do I have to reviriginze then unlock it with the latest Anysim?
    No, don't! Latest anysim(1.2u) works only with 1.1.2 basebands and it's not an actual official release from iphone-dev. So if you don't want to cry, wait for an official release..
    Last edited by callx; 2007-11-20 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Fixed
    2007-11-20 06:49 AM
    Do I just take that file and do a...
    ln -s Telcel.plist 302370

type of command on it? In this case...

ln -s Fido.plist 302370

Also, should the number be 302370 or should we use the Rogers numbers? (302720) ??

Also in firmware 1.1.2 I am getting the SMS notifications of a voicemail, but in the Phone app voicemail does not have a red badge on it, was it supposed to?
    2007-11-21 06:07 AM
114 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD